Chapter 19

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At this point in time, I was questioning my sanity. Like why am I still sitting here? Why am I still listening? And why have I not killed this person beside me? Of course there were many questions but I was not able to provide an answer to any of them.

And what’s worse is that this man continues to test my patience.

“Ms. Kang, are you listening?”

“You don’t look so good, Soojin.” Youngjae pointed out.

“Go home first, we’ll hang out again.” Eunji added with a smile. I felt bad, this was a time to reunite after being gone for six years but I couldn’t find any motivation to stay. And hopefully next time, the person, who I should not mention, will not show up.

“I think that’s a good idea, I’m leaving first.” I grab my bag and made a beeline to the exit. It was so suffocating to sit there. As soon as I reached the sidewalk and placed my hand up to grab a taxi, my free hand was grabbed and I was dragged away. I looked up at the culprit.

“I see your habit did not change, even after these six years.” I tried to pull back but he wasn’t letting up on his strength. “Let go, Mr. Jung.”

“Nope.” We stopped in front of his car and he opened the passenger door.

“I don’t want to get in.”

“Your boss is offering you a ride, the least you can do is accept it.” He said it with that damn smile on his face. Such a small action but it caused me to be so irritated. When he saw that I had no intention of taking his offer, he leaned forward. “If you don’t, I will make you miserable tomorrow.”

I scowled at him and hopped into the car.

“There, was that so bad?” He said victoriously. He closed the door and quickly got into the seat beside me.

“Do you like being back in Korea so far?”

I sigh. “I did.” I looked outside the window at the night lights as he drove. The nights were just as busy as during the day.

“I’m assuming you stopped upon seeing me again.” His statement caused me to snap my head in his direction. There was no sign of a teasing smile on his face.

Well, now he was just making me feel bad. But, wait a minute, he deserved it. What was he expecting a legit smile on my face when I was greeting him? Was I supposed to be happy to see him? I felt myself start to get angry. Calm down, Soojin, it’s all in the past. It doesn’t matter anymore. “What makes you think it was because of you?” Jung Daehyun is a small existent, there is no way I’m letting him think he has that much of an impact on me.

He chuckled. “Let’s just say it was a feeling.” He sighed. “Where am I taking you?”

That’s when I blinked back. There’s no way I was letting him know where I lived. That would be the worst thing I could possibly do. I cleared my throat. “My house.” For all Daehyun knows, I was living with my parents. And it will be kept that way.

He side-eyed me. “Your mom told me you got an apartment.”

My mom has been the reasons for some of my misfortunes, did she want to continue her streak? “Uh – for today, I want to be with my parents.”

He laughed out loud, catching onto what I wanted to hide. “Are you making up excuses so I won’t find out where you live?”

I scoffed. “First of all, no and second of all, you don’t need to know anyways.”

“I could just look into your files.” He smiled at me and faced forward again.

“You wouldn’t.”

“I would.” He nodded his head once.

“It’s against the law to use my information for personal reasons.”

“Then, sue me.” He dared me and I gaped at him. “So where is it?”

I slumped hopelessly and mumbled my address. I need to remind my mom to stop telling Daehyun everything about me. If I wanted to keep a distance from him, certain measures had to be taken and I will make her stay silent if I have to.

Daehyun happily dropped me off and glanced around.

“What are you doing?” I asked while unbuckling my seatbelt.

“I wanted to make sure I remember the way here.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “Creep.” I got out of the car and slammed it on his surprised face.

“See you tomorrow, Ms. Kang.” He said one last time before driving off. I ruffled my hair. I can’t believe my one safe place from Daehyun had been found out. 

Honestly, I don’t even know why he is trying so hard when he didn’t care how much he was going to hurt me by doing what he did to me in that bedroom. I clenched my hands at my sides. Just ignore it, Soojin.

 

 

 

“You’re sharp.” I walked towards Yongguk’s parked car and got in.

He smiled. “That’s why I was hired, Soojin.” He pulled away and headed towards the Devil’s lair.

“Yongguk, I really need you to be on top of things today.”

This time he made sure to keep his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter