Chapter 25

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stumbled back when Daehyun pushed through inside my apartment. I was too busy being shocked that he was here that I didn’t notice him closing the door and locking it. I stared at his back. His clothes were all soaking wet and he didn’t have a blazer, just his white button-down that clung to his body so I could see his skin underneath it. He turned around and I saw how his tie hung loosely.

“Why are you all wet?” I looked at him in concern but I felt this sudden happiness seeing him for the first time today. “You’re going to get sick.” Everything that transpired yesterday was completely forgotten and the fact that we weren’t on such good terms. Everything was gone out the window when I saw him in this state.

He continued to look at me with his hair dripping wet. I saw his eyes trailing down my body and then back up.

“I’ll be right back.” I went to rush away for a towel but my hand was caught and I was pulled back against Daehyun. I gasped being pressed against his cold body. “I need to get your towel.” I struggled in his hold but he didn’t even budge. I stopped and stared at him.

“So, you really did go see Himchan.”

“How do you know that?” I don’t remembering seeing him at the restaurant. I would have known if he was, knowing how my eyes kept looking for him.

“I was waiting for you.” He answered softly.

“Out in the rain?” My voice got louder. “Why are you so dumb to wait in the rain?” I scolded him. No wonder why he is so cold. How long was he waiting? When I said that, there was the hurt look on his face again. I sighed and looked away, I couldn’t stand to see it.

“Are you two dating now?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Youngjae told me and I want to know if it’s true.”

My brows furrowed. “Told you what?” I shook my head. That can wait, there was something else that needed to be dealt with. “Daehyun let go, you need to dry off.” My voice came out pleading.

“I will once I get what I came here for.”

I felt him moved one of his hand behind my head. “Can’t that wa – “

My words were cut off when he crashed our lips together. Both of my hands moved down to his chest to push him away but his other hand held my waist against his. He tilted his head and moved his cold lips feverishly against mine, urging me to kiss him back. I struggled and when he had enough of me fighting back, he pushed me towards and against the wall. He placed his leg between both of mine and used his hands to hold both sides of my face. My muffled yells weren’t heard as he his tongue into my mouth to deepen the kiss.

I brought my fists up and hit his arms over and over again but they were all in vain. He wasn’t going to stop.

I gasped when he finally pulled away. My lips were still tingling after our contact and I was panting. I missed it and I didn’t how much I did until I felt his lips. “What– “ I breathed out. “You said – “

“I know what I said.” He stared back at me. “If you get upset with me then I’ll make you forgive me. But, I’m not going to stop.” I matched his gaze and saw how sincere he looked. “I won’t let you run away from me this time.”

It felt different this time. This time, he kissed me because he wanted to and like magic, I felt his love for me from that act and it shook me.

My mouth couldn’t form any words and I could only hold onto his arms.

“Am I too late?” His lips ghost mine and I flinched. “Did you already choose Himchan?” He whispered again and placed both hands beside my head so he can lean in. My heart was beating so fast and my mind was still consumed with the kiss. But, he took my silence at confirmation. He growled. “Is that a 'yes'?”

I wasn’t used to Daehyun being like this and it spurred me to remain speechless. I opened my mouth to reply but only air came out.

“Tell me what to do, Soojin.” His voice turned soft. “I’ll do what you want.”

I felt like my heart was going to burst at any minute. “Daehyun, you don’t have to do anything.” I didn’t want to keep pushing him away because I realized something. I didn’t want Daehyun kissing anyone else and I didn’t want him chasing anyone else. I grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss.

I felt him stiffen from the surprised action but soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter