Chapter 23

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, why are you here?” Youngjae asked once the two were left alone. Junhong was scolded again for trying to cause more problems and he was kicked out just moments ago.  

“I just wanted to see you.” Daehyun answered rather too nonchalantly. Of course he had reasons as to why he came and Youngjae saw through it.

Youngjae rolls his eyes. “Why are you two so annoying?”

“Who?”

“You and Soojin.” Youngjae sighed and leaned back into his chair. Daehyun could only look at Youngjae because he knows it’s true. “Fine, what is it that’s bothering you so much?”

Daehyun shifted his eyes. How can Youngjae see through him so quickly? “Do you remember the Kim Himchan guy?”

“Yeah.”

“I had a meeting with him the other day. He’s stopping by the office tomorrow.”

Youngjae laughed. “That’s what you’re worried about?” Even he could see that Soojin is struggling to ignore Daehyun and his advances, she is starting to fall for him again but Daehyun is too oblivious to know and Soojin is too stubborn to admit it. At this point, Kim Himchan wouldn’t be able to sway her feelings. A good friend would tell Daehyun that, but an awesome friend wouldn’t. “Good luck.” He patted Daehyun’s back.

“That’s it?” Daehyun asked in disbelief. This is why he came here? To hear those two words? “It’s good to know how much of a great friend you are.” He sarcastically says and huffs.

“What?” Youngjae laughed. “You have been trying really hard these past few days. Why don’t you just sit back and watch now?”

“What if Himchan steals her from right under me?”

Youngjae shrugs. He knows that's unlikely but it won’t be fun if he assures Daehyun it wouldn’t happen. So, he’ll just pretend that he doesn’t care.

Daehyun narrows his eyes at his best friend. This is unbelievable, why did he come here again? Youngjae was so useless.

 

 

 

“Did you bring ice cream?” That was the first question that left my lips as soon as Youngjae appeared in my doorway.

He smiled and lifted the carton. “Mint ice cream, right?”

“You may come in.” I moved aside so he can walk in. He smiled as he made his way over to the couch. “So, why did you want to see me?” I followed him over.

“How have you been?”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Come out with it.”

“Fine, you know what I want to talk about.”

I groan. “Please don’t bring up that topic.”

“Why not?”

I stopped. What can I tell him anyways, I’m still confused myself about the whole situation with Daehyun. “I don’t think I can answer your questions honestly.”

“Do you like him?” He handed me the ice cream. “This is why I brought ice cream.”

“Youngjae, I don’t want to like him.”

“That doesn’t answer my question.” Youngjae retorted quickly. I am so tired of him. Why did I let him in my house? “All I want to know is, do you like him?”

“Youngjae, do you not remember what he did to me? It sounds like you want me to like him.” I pointed out.

“I do want you to like him and I know why you are denying your feelings.” Youngjae answered in a casual manner. It was so casual that it made me speechless. “He was drugged.”

“What are you talking about?”

“It isn’t an excuse but that day in the bedroom, he was like that because he was drugged.”

You have got to be kidding. Everything that I have convinced myself to believe about Daehyun for six years has been a mistake? “No, Daehyun is someone who took advantage of my feelings for him.” He was in his right mind. I shook my head, Youngjae only wanted to change my perspective of Daehyun.

“Believe what you want. The day you left, he also rushed to the airport to stop you.”

The memory of Daehyun calling me before my flight flashed through my mind. He was there? “Why are you doing this to me? Why are you telling me this?”

“Because you have been hating him because of misunderstandings.”

Instead of feeling like all of my questions were answered, I just felt more confused. How can something I have believed in for six years suddenly contradict? “Why now?” Why did it take so long for me to finally hear the truth?

“Would you have listened to me if I brought his name up?” That was a no. “Soojin, it’s okay for you to like him again.”

 

 

 

“Are you sleeping with your eyes open?” Like every morning, Yongguk had picked me up from my home.

My eyes were out the window when I lethargically responded. “I’m awake, Yongguk.” But, my mind wasn’t here at the moment. I couldn’t sleep last night all thanks to Youngjae and his talkative self.

Yongguk laughed softly. “You don’t look like it.” I sighed loudly. “Look at you, you’re even snoring now.” He continued to tease me and I glared at the man beside me who had a gummy smile on his fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter