Chapter 11

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at Youngjae who was sitting across from me at the lunch table. Where do I even start? He found out my secret and no matter how much I tried to convince him otherwise, Youngjae was smarter than to fall for my tricks.

“What’s wrong?” Eunji swallowed her food and glanced back and forth between us.

“Don’t worry about it.” I answered quickly and went back to eating my lunch. I had plenty of time to talk to Youngjae.

When we’re alone.

“Hey, did you hear?”

I heard whispering from the table of girls beside us.

“What?” The other nosy girl leaned forward to try to get her hands on some details.

“Daehyun is officially caught!” The girl’s whispering got louder.

“Huh? Really? By who?”

“Unexpectedly, by the quiet girl, Kim Eunhee.”

I stabbed my spoon into my rice. I wasn’t angry, it was only an automatic response. Eunji stopped eating and looked at me. “Do you not like the food?”

“Yeah, I lost my appetite.” I stood up and grabbed my tray. I didn’t want to hear anything else. So, news traveled that quickly, huh? Why do they have to flaunt their relationship?! I tossed my lunch out and decided a walk would prevent me from beating up an innocent soul. Because this feeling inside of me had to be released in some way or I was going to implode.

I wandered through the halls until someone called my name. “Soojin.” I turned back and saw Youngjae running towards me.

“Just keep quiet about it.” I answered bluntly and my heels. I knew why he came after me, after all, this conversation had to happen sooner or later. So, why not cut to the chase. He would confirm my feelings for Daehyun and naturally, I would ask him to keep his mouth shut.

“Hold up.” He grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.  He thought for a moment before opening his mouth to speak. “Why did you choose him out of all people?” He chuckled.

“Do you think I’m happy with it? I chose a guy that liked someone else.” I knew I wasn’t making it easier for myself but, it couldn’t be helped.

He patted my shoulder. “I’m assuming you just figured out you like him. It’ll be easy to get over it.” He sighs. His assumptions are amazing. It’s true. My feelings for Daehyun had generated rather quickly and before I could get too deep, it would be best and easy for me to step back and give up. But, that wasn’t at all my train of thought.

I grabbed his hand on my shoulder before moving it away. “What are you saying? Who says I’m trying to get over it?”

“Huh?”

But, thanks to Youngjae and what he said, it just fueled my motivation. “I don’t give up.” He had automatically assumed I was going to give up. I felt belittled.

“What are you saying?” He asked like I was joking.

"Do I need to repeat myself?"

He arched a brow at me. “You’re going to get him to like you back?”

I nodded.

Youngjae stared at me. “You have to be joking.”

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

“They like each other, Soojin.” His tone turned serious.

I know I should feel bad. Any way you look at it, I am trying to sabotage a relationship. And anyone watching would think I’m the awful person but no matter how I thought about it, I couldn’t stand by and watch Daehyun with Eunhee. I wanted him. I wanted him for myself and I would regret it if I just gave up so easily.

“Youngjae, I know I’m hateful. I know perfectly how this looks.” I looked at him seriously. At this moment, no one was in the hallway and I was glad. “But, I could care less. I don’t care how people see me.” I was already used to being judged. Adding another flaw to my name wouldn’t matter. But this time, they would have a right to look at me with scorn and honestly, I wouldn’t blame them one bit.

“Even if it makes you look bad in the eyes of others?” He was still looking at me in disbelief. I know where he was coming from. Eunhee was a quiet and nice girl. How would anyone just stand by and watch a girl like me, who is already pretty much disliked, bully an innocent girl like her…this thought still didn’t faze me.

“Yeah.” I answered simply. “So, stay quiet about it.”

“How can I keep this from Daehyun?”

“I promise I won’t try anything dirty. I’ll play fair.”

“Play fair? They’re probably in relationship right now. Whatever you do will be considered dirty.”

Maybe this is why people hated me so much in this school. I was the spoiled rich girl that wanted everything to go my way. Like how badly I wanted Daehyun to like me and to look only at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter