Chapter 6

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

True to Daehyun’s words, when I opened my locker, I found a note.

Your friend is waiting.

I rolled my eyes. I couldn’t understand the problems today in class and Daehyun did?

“What’s that?” I turned to see Youngjae peeking over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of the note.

I lifted it up so he could see it. “My friend is waiting for me in the library.” I stuffed my books and tossed the note into my bag. “Wanna come?” I hopefully looked up at him. I didn’t want to be left alone with Daehyun and Youngjae was perfect company.

“Sure.”

***

We saw Daehyun sitting at one of the tables near the windows and we walked over to take a seat. Daehyun faced us and I saw him staring at Youngjae.

“What is he doing here?”

Youngjae made a face at his friend. “What’s with the welcoming?”

“I wanted him here, obviously.” I retorted.

Daehyun snatched the homework out of my hand after I carefully took it out of my backpack and held it up. “You see this? We’re doing homework so you better not be here to bother us.” He pointed at Youngjae.

Youngjae and I looked at each other and burst into laughter. Daehyun set the homework down and his face remained expressionless, clearly not seeing the humor we did.

“Oh God, Daehyun, that was really good. I almost fell for it.” He must be joking. I stopped when I caught the look he was giving me. The look saying otherwise. “Are you being serious?” I asked in disbelief, my laughter completely disappearing.

“That’s a first.” Youngjae added under his breath and it earned a glare from serious Daehyun.

“If you’re going to stay, then, no fooling around.” He added and pulled out his notes.

Youngjae and I stared silently at Daehyun. “Did something bad happen?” Youngjae asked carefully.

“No, why?” Daehyun arched his brow.

“You have been really strange lately.” Youngjae narrowed his eyes at Daehyun. “What’s been going on?”

Daehyun tried to brush it off. “Nothing! Nothing has been going on.” He knew he was caught. It seems, Daehyun is really bad at hiding things.

“No, something definitely is going on.” Youngjae nodded at his own observation.

I tilted my head. “It seems that way.”

“Didn’t I say no fooling around?” Daehyun asked loudly and the librarian shushed him. He cleared his throat and whispered. “If you’re going to continue, then leave.”

Youngjae put his hands up in defense. “Fine, I’ll stop –“

Daehyun sighs. “Finally.”

“– For now.” Youngjae added and Daehyun went to go punch him.

“Okay, okay!” I placed my hands up to stop them. “You said you wanted to help me, right?” I tapped the homework on the table.

And like Daehyun had said, he was seriously helping me with my homework. Eventually, Youngjae had to leave and it was just the two of us…and I really wish he hadn’t. Everything turned for the worst. Suddenly, I couldn’t understand what Daehyun was saying anymore. Instead of focusing on his words, I was staring at his fingers that pointed out the questions. Instead of looking at the problems, I was busy looking at his face.

I must be sick.

That was the only logical explanation for this absurd behavior I was exhibiting. Why was I even paying attention to Daehyun anyways? He was good-looking but it shouldn’t be enough to make me act this way. Lots of my dates were good-looking but it didn’t faze me even once when I rejected them.

“Hey!” Daehyun snapped and I blinked back from my thoughts.

“What?”

“I am pouring my soul into this and you’re not even paying attention.”

“You have a soul?”

He glared at me. “Alright.” He closed his notebook and placed everything in his backpack.

“What are you doing?” I asked blankly. I looked down at my unfinished homework and realized I still don’t know how to do the rest. 

“Come on, put everything in your backpack and let’s go.” He stood up and waited for me to put all of my stuff away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter