Chapter 10

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took in a deep breath and dusted my skirt. “You can do this, Soojin.” I straightened my blazer and breathed out. “You can do this.” I repeated to myself. I needed to motivate myself and try my best again today. I couldn’t let a little obstacle hold me back.

“Do what?”

I jumped at the unexpected voice. “Youngjae, seriously! Stop jumping out of nowhere!” I scolded him. I took my attention from him and looked back in front of me. “Huh?” I glanced around. Where did he go? Daehyun was just getting out of his car when I last looked. Why was he so fast? I glared at the boy beside me before stomping off.

“Wait up!” Youngjae caught up to me. “What is with you lately?” He arched his brow at me.

“What do you mean?” I tried to play it off.

“You have been acting strange and that smile.”

I stopped in my tracks and turned my body to face him. “What’s wrong with my smile?” I looked at him intimidatingly.

He placed his hands up in defense. “Nothing! It’s just that it came out of nowhere.”

“Like what you do and scare me?” I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. Youngjae looked after me, trying to think of a reason for my behavior. “Something is definitely up.” He said and caught up to me again.

I ignored his presence and opened my locker.

“Fine, we won’t talk about it. Where is Eunji?” He looked around.

“She had to come to school early for something.” I answered before pausing. There was something else I wanted to ask. “Where’s Daehyun?” I was secretly hoping that I sounded nonchalant like I wanted to.

Youngjae groans. “Probably with Eunhee.” I looked at him in surprised and he caught on. “Look, it’s not really hard to see that he’s interested in her.” Did Daehyun speak about Eunhee with him too? “I told him not to play around with her before.” Youngjae sighed and looked to the side. “But, it really seems different this time.” He said to himself and thought a bit.

I focused back on getting the books I needed from my locker. “He said he was serious.” I said softly.

“He said something to you?”

I nodded and tried not to look at Youngjae. So, Daehyun was really serious about this. I mean, he is not even trying to hide his feelings for Eunhee. I silently groan. This is going to be harder than I thought. How can I get Daehyun to look my way when their relationship had progressed more quickly than I had imagined?

“What did he say?” He whispered and leaned in closer.

I gave him a blank stare and shut my locker loudly. “Ask him if you want to know so badly.” I my heels and headed straight towards the classroom. Because of my rushing, I bumped roughly into someone’s shoulder.

“Sor-“

“Who the hell bumped into me!”

I knew that shriek. Great, my day had to be graced by such an unwanted presence. Sokyung should really shut herself away from the world. She would be doing everyone a favor.

Sokyung stepped up to me. “So. it’s you again. You didn’t learn your lesson from last time?” She snarled.

I gave her a look. “Last time, I left you a wreck. So, what nonexistent lesson are you referring to?” Oh my God, someone shut me up. Please.

“Should I remind you?” She closed the space between us.

A hand reached out and separated us. Sokyung stepped backwards in surprised and I looked to my side at the owner.

“I told you not to mess with her. didn’t I?” Daehyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter