Chapter 22

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish I would just die. This headache was unbearable and what’s worse is that, I remembered everything that happened last night. I remembered what I said to Daehyun and what he said to me.

I hit my head. “Why would I say something like that!” I scolded myself. It only made my headache worse but guess what? I deserve every throb and pain I was going through at the moment. But, I stopped after remembering the last words Daehyun said before he left, I love you Soojin.

I bit my lip. Do I believe it? I don’t know whether or not to trust his words. I got up and grabbed my clothes. A shower is what I needed right now, everything else can wait. I quickly undressed and stepped into the water. I stood there and reveled in the relief the warm water brought me. After the shower, I walked out to hear my phone going off.

“Hello?”

“Glad to see you’re alive.” Youngjae’s joking voice came over.

“Alive with a headache.”

“You deserve that one. Going shot after shot like that.”

“Yeah, yeah. Did you call to nag?”

I heard laughter at the other end. “Yes, I did.”

“Then, good bye.” I was going to end the call when I heard some yelling on the other end. “Yes?”

“Do you want to talk?”

“About what?” I sat down on my bed.

“About why you were drinking like a fish last night.” I didn’t know what to say about that. “Is it about Daehyun?”

“Youngjae, I’ll call you later. I need to get some errands done.” I ended the call and let my face fall into my hands. I was avoiding the problem and I knew it but I didn’t even want to step foot into that territory, I’m scared I wouldn’t leave from it. I walked out into the kitchen and headed straight to the fridge. I opened the freezer and felt another headache coming on. “No ice cream?” I cursed under my breath and went back to the bedroom to change.

I walked out of the apartment and looked at my driveway. I rolled my eyes at the empty spot where my useful car should have been. When was that woman giving it back? How bad do I want the ice cream? I thought to myself and answer came quicker than I thought. Pretty bad. I decided that no distance was going to keep me away from my one true love.

The convenience store was closer than I thought it would be. In fact, that was the only good news and the only thing I have been happy about in days. Yes, it is sad. But, let me live my life. I walked out with two cartons of mint ice cream in the plastic bag and made my way back.

“Hey, baby.” I continued to walk but the figure matched his pace with me. “I was talking to you.” Again, he was met with silence. He turned and stood in front of me to block my way. “You should respond when someone is speaking to you.”

“And you should go away when they don’t respond.” I snapped and looked up at boy to only find the familiar face. “Hey, aren’t you Youngjae’s student?” It really was the same boy from a week ago.

He smirked. “Glad to see that you recognize me.”

“Move.” I sighed and tried to walk around him when he stood back in front of me.

“Where’s your bodyguard today?”

Is he talking about Yongguk? “He’s my paralegal and he isn’t here.”

“Well, aren’t I in luck? No one can interrupt me.”

I placed my hand up. “Kid, instead of detentions, do you want me to sue you for harassment?”

“It’s not ‘kid’, it’s Zelo. And it’s not harassment if you like it.” I scrunched my face. Well, this is going nowhere. I pulled out my phone and found the contact I was looking for. “What are you doing?” He asked and gave me a questioning look.

I placed my finger up and smiled. “Hey, Youngjae, do you have a student named Zelo?” I saw the boy’s eyes widened. “Yeah, he’s harassing me. How many days of detention is that?” The boy stuttered but I only placed my finger up to my lips to silent him. My eye brows arched in fake surprise after hearing the answer. I gasped. “Two whole weeks of detention?” I emphasized the number. “Thanks.” I ended the call and looked at the boy in front of me.

“I can still call it off if you stop.” I waited for his response.

He ruffled his hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter