Chapter 24

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He looked so wounded in front of me. “Daehyun – “

“Have fun on your date.” I felt my chest tightened when he turned away from me. It hurt to see that he didn’t want to look me in the eyes any longer.

I clenched my hands at my side. What was the point of explaining myself when he didn’t even want to listen to me or look at me. “Fine. Goodbye, Daehyun.” I turned around and rushed out of the office.

This was it, right? This is what you called the end.

Daehyun had reached his limit and I have reached mine. I don’t even know why I was bothering to explain myself. Daehyun and I aren’t in any kind of relationship nor is he my boyfriend.

It was about time he moved on away from me and leave me alone. I breathed out a sigh and leaned back into the taxi. I was mad at him to be thinking of me as that type of girl. I wasn’t someone that needed a man’s attention and I definitely was not upset because I didn’t have his.

By the looks of it, it seems like he is done chasing me.

I should be happy. I should be able to breathe out a sigh of relief. But, why do I feel so frustrated?

I sat back into the taxi as my mind continued to be plagued by thoughts. The hurt on Daehyun's face kept replaying itself and there was this uncomfortable feeling at the pit of my stomach. I looked at my phone and debated on calling Youngjae but I don’t even know what was wrong with me. So how was Youngjae supposed to help me?

“Miss, we’re here.” The driver pulled me out of my thoughts. I paid him and got out the taxi to head up to my apartment. I went straight to bed, I didn’t want to stay up to be afflicted by these infuriating thoughts about Daehyun. I closed my eyes. “Just go to sleep, Soojin.” I told myself but of course it didn’t help me one bit. I was tossing and turning all night. The next thing I knew, dawn had crept up on me. “Ugh.” I lost another night of sleep all thanks to Daehyun. Even when he wasn’t present, he somehow managed to fill my thoughts.

“Not a single word.” I settled into Yongguk’s car the next morning. I didn’t want to hear how dark my bags were. And he was the type of teasing that wouldn’t hesitate to point it out.

“What do you mean? You look as beautiful as you do any day.”

I looked over and there was a smile on his face, it even caused one to appear on my own. “Thanks, Yongguk.” I let out a soft laugh.

We arrived at the company and on the way to my office, there was not a single glimpse of Daehyun at all. It wasn’t like I was looking for him but I just found my eyes instinctively glancing around for him. He looked so hurt last night that I wanted anything to replace that image of him, that’s why I was looking for him. So irritating.

It was close to lunchtime and I still haven’t seen him.

“Mr. Jung has been holed up in his office.”

I snapped my head over to Yongguk and he leaned back in his chair. “Who said I was looking for him?”

“Then why were your eyes wandering so much today?” He sent me a teasing smile.

“I can’t look around?”

“Are you looking for more targets?”

“Hey, Yongguk. I don’t play around.” I don’t know why Yongguk is convinced that I somehow get a lot of men. I can’t even deal with one, what makes him think I had that kind of life?

“You could have fooled me.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Fine, I’m going to focus now, okay?” I took a deep breath and looked back down on my papers.

This didn’t last that long and I found my eyes leaving the papers. I ended up staring blankly in front of me. The day flew by while I was lost in my nagging thoughts and even after all that thinking, I still didn’t figure out anything.

“So, you ended up not doing anything all day.” Yongguk tilted his head.

“Aren’t you tired of nagging at me?”

He laughed. “Do you need a ride back?”

“No.” I shook my head. “I have somewhere I need to go.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter