Chapter 1

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Here is the first chapter! I hope I didn't disappoint! 

 

I sat there with my eyes glazing over. I was trying my hardest to hide how bored I was feeling, but it has come to the point where it was getting too hard. Exactly how many people showed up for this? It was mentally exhausting. I have been sitting here all day and I was tired of listening to every single guy brag about how much money he has, how much his family owns, and what he can do to give me a stable life. One even asked me if I was okay with him having mistresses on the side - 

I don’t think I gave him a proper answer, but he did walk away drenched and I had to order a new drink.

I could care less about the material goods they offered, I have my own money. I have my own company that I will soon take over. I’m already wealthy as is. I really can’t be bought. Like, seriously.

I sat there, biting back my feelings and annoyance. I feign interest from time to time and nod a few times just so they would think I’m actually listening. But, ask me if I remember what they were telling me.

I don’t.

But, there was one thing that stood out to me, the greed that everyone seemed to possess. The conversations all seem to revolve around money and power. There is a saying I agree with; Money can’t buy you happiness. Tell me why I am the daughter of one of the most powerful and wealthiest couple but yet, still felt like I was missing something. I don’t want a loveless marriage, I want to do something right if only my mom will give me time and space to do it myself. Like finding my own husband because let’s be serious here people, I’m the one that has to marry the guy, not my mother.

I finally breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was my last blind date for the day. Thank the heavens because I am so ready to get out of here.

Yet, here comes another surprise. The person sat down and leaned back in a relaxed manner, purposely showing me he was uninterested. “Hey, you’re Kang Soojin?”

I didn’t know how to react, I was dealing with this for the first time. Maybe he wouldn’t be so boring. I couldn’t hide my amusement when I decided to respond. “Yes, and you are….”

“Jung Daehyun.” He answered while playing on his phone.

Recognition flashed across my face. The guy that gets around, a whole lot? He doesn’t exactly have a good reputation in the dating department. He changes girls as often as changing clothes, something like getting a new girl every day of the week… At least, that’s what the rumors say. I tend to not worry about people but, gossip is always fun to hear.

“Ah, what are you doing here? I’m sure you have no problems getting dates.”

“Tell that to my mom. She forced me to come here.” He sighs before looking to the side and I follow his view. “I have better things to do…” He muttered under his breath.

It’s like he got radar. He already found some girls to check out. Weirdly, I wasn’t offended by his comment because I felt the same way. I could be hanging out with Eunji instead of sitting here listening to useless talk.

I nod to myself, now understanding he was in the same situation as me. This is good. “Then you don’t want to be here as much as I do. Since you’re the last one, let’s call it a day and go on our way.” I grinned and got up. He stared up at me, not expecting my behavior.

“Why don’t we talk for a bit before you go.” He gave me a smile that showed his true intentions. What a playboy.

“It would have ended the same way.” I looked down at him.

“And how would it have ended?” He smirked up at me as his tongue shot out to wet his lips. Is that confidence? I almost burst out in laughter at how terribly wrong he was. He actually thinks I want him. He couldn't have been more mistaken.

Instead, I composed myself and gave a smile, “I would have faked interest and lied.”

“Lie about what?” He tilted his head in confusion.

“About hoping to see you again after this.” I answered nonchalantly.

I grabbed my bag, “I should show some manners.” I looked back at him, “It was nice to meet you, I hope we’ll have a chance to meet again.” I say in a monotone voice and without a second glance, I make my way out of the restaurant to head home.

Daehyun was still sitting there stunned, not sure what just had happened. The ringing phone in his hand soon caught his attention and his previous wonders disappeared. He saw the displayed name and smiled.

“Yeah, baby, I’ll see you tonight.” He spoke through the phone before ending the call. He slips it back into his pocket. “Well, It doesn’t matter. I don’t like the chase anyways.” He gets up, fixes his jacket.

 

 

 

I drove back home, stopped before a large gate, and waited for it to let me through. When I parked and got out of my car, a butler greeted me.

“Welcome back, Miss.” He bows and smiles.

I returned the action. “Thank God!” I started to laugh.

“Can I help you with anything?” He offered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter