Ch.28- What Could and Would've Been

I Hated You (Sequel)

Hyomi's POV:

I was nervous naturally. I never really worked with Youngmin before and it felt weird. I did work with Changwoo on a duet, but that was different...for this photoshoot, my concept was suppose to be a very mature woman. Youngmin played as my "boyfriend" so it kind of had a theme of a coffee shop.

I came out wearing this:

kimshinyeong-k62.jpg%3Fw%3D560

"Wahhh~ Yeppudahh~" Youngmin ou'ed as I walked over to him. I looked at him slightly blushing and noticed our outfits complimented each other. He was a full pink suit.

9PLlM.jpg

(A/N: ERMYGAHH IT'S SO BIG WUT IS THIS.)

 

"You don't look too bad yourself," I said as I looked at our setting. "So it's a pink concept hmm?"

"Looks like," youngmin put his hands into his pockets. Youngmin was perfect modeling material. He was tall, had big eyes, and a beautiful smile. He was about as tall as Jaesoo if I looked at him correctly.

"Okay! Let's start!!" The main photographer called out to us. "We'll start off with Hyomi linking her arms through Youngmin's." 

I did as I was told and carefully linked my arm through his. He laughed a little bit making me almost laugh.

"Yah, what's so funny?" I whispered. He continued on holding in his laugh.

"You."

"What??"

"I've never seen you so serious about a photoshoot xD."

I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Is that bad?" I asked feeling slightly unmotivated.

"No, no, it's charming," he said giving me a thumbs up. I smacked him playfully making the Photographer yell at us.

"Yah, yah, playful isn't the concept you two."

We froze in our spots feeling bad and bowed an apologize.

"Wow," i scoffed. Youngmin's smirk wouldn't leave his face as we kept shooting for this concept. It was fun. A lot of fun. Youngmin was a natural and his poses were flawless. Sometimes I would feel awkward, so he led me to do a different pose and the pictures started to turn out great. After a couple hours of taking pictures for my album, the shoot finally ended around 5 pm.

"Alright~thanks for everyones work today!" everyone called out. I bowed to youngmin and he bowed to me.

"Good job," I said stretching my arms wide.

"You too," Youngmin winked. "Hey, do you wanna go to a cafe nearby?"

"Cafe?? Hmmm...I'd have to ask manager-oppa first, I'll be back hold on," i raced off to find my manager. It hadn't been long since I hung out with Youngmin, but that was all of Boyfriend too. It had been a long time since Youngmin and I had hung out together just us. The last time we did so, we got into a scandel...and that's what led me to my idol life now.

"Oppa," I tugged on my manager's shirt.

"What?" he didn't look away from his phone.

"Do I have another schedule??" I asked him.

"Ani? You're done for today, tomorrow you'll be busy though because we're going to shoot your M/V." 

"So...is it okay if I go with Youngmin to a near by cafe? Their manager will drop me off back at the dorm!"

"Are you sure? I don't want...stuff to happen to you Hyomi-ah."

"Please??"

"You were with him like 3 days ago."

"But work just ended!!"

"*sigh* be back by 12, I don't want you to disappear again."

"Yay! Wah gomowoyo oppa!" I hugged my manager before running back to Youngmin.

"So?"

"Kaja~!" I said pulling on his wrist towards the door. "Let's go eat some ice cream!"

We walked to a cafe place that was owned by Starship so we usually got discount off of our drinks and stuff we ordered there. 

"I'll take a green tea mochi ice cream," I ordered.

"I'll get a strawberry milkshake," Youngmin followed after. we sat down at a near by table away from the windows in case anyone would misunderstand. There were a lot of couples here and that made me nervous for some awkward reason.

"So?" Youngmin looked at me. I looked back at him with a smile on my face.

"So?"

"How've you been?"

"Why does this feel so awkward?"

"Does it feel awkward?"

"You're always been awkward Youngmin-ah." 

We just kind of stared at each other for a moment and then chuckled to ourselves. My ice cream and his drink arrived and that seemed to have filled some of the silence. Youngmin and I were always awkward when we were alone together. I wasn't like that with Kwangmin though. I laughed in my head. King of Awkwardness.

"Hey," he auddenly spoke making me almost choke on my ice cream.

"Y-yeah?"

"Have you wondered what would have happend if...we...if we ever were...you know?"

I looked at him surprised. It never would have occured to me that someone like Youngmin would be so bold about asking a question like that.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked nervously playing with my spoon.

"If you were to end up with me, could you picture it?" he said again. I didn't think our conversation would get this deep this fast. Why is he talking about this all of a sudden??

"Look, Youngmin-ah, I---"

"I'm not saying it could still happen because I know it can't but have you ever just...I don't know..thought about how it would have been for us?"

I said nothing as I thought to myself. There were many times where i wondered if we could've been together honestly. I KNOW I could be happy with Youngmin. I know we could've been a happy couple and then as we grew older, we could have had kids and have been a happy family. I KNOW it could've been...beautiful, but it sounded too...unrealistic. Youngmin was perfect don't get me wrong, but he deserves so much more than I can offer. 

"we would've been happy..." I muttered eating the last bit of my ice cream. There was even more silence after I said that. We just kind of stared at each other for awhile. There was a point where I thought Youngmin would break down or something, but maybe that's because of his eyes. I'm always disappointing him...always....Mianhae Youngmin-ah...

Suddenly his phone rang startling us both. 

"Yobosaeyo?" he answered. "Oh...uhm...arrasseo hyung...ye...okay...yeah that's fine..I'll just drop off Hyomi real quick and then be at the studio...arraseeooo Donghyun-hyungg see you ina bit."

He looked at me one more time with eyes that said,"Sorry."

"It's time to go isn't it?" I sighed showing a little smile. "I wish we could've talked more Youngmin-ah."

"Same....I'll pay for the stuff so don't worry about it, c'mon let's go," He smiled as he stood up. I followed after him to pay off the bill and we set off the dorms. They were really close by so it wasn't too far. I wanted to talk, but my lips were sealed shut and it seemed like that was the case for Youngmin too. Before we could even think of anything to talk about, we had already arrived at my dorm building. I went up to the door and was about to open it, but I turned around and bowed to him. 

"Thank you..." I said as I stood straight again looking into his eyes. "Thank you for...for everything you've done for me...."

Youngmin just stared at me like I had gone crazy, but he ended up laughing a little.

"Pabo," He said as he walked up to me and gave me a warm hug. I hugged him back feeling warm and fuzzy inside. I was always depending on Youngmin. Always running to him when i fell to my worse state. He's been through everything with me. How could I let such a good and caring person go when they're practically in all of my memories? He pulled away first and bowed.

"Thank you for coming with me Hyomi-ah, I'll see you tomorrow," he said kindly as he started  to jog towards the main building. I watched him run until I couldn't see him anymore and then I went inside my dorm quietly as Youngmin's question rang in my head. "If you were to end up with me, could you picture it?"

 

Youngmin's POV:

I jogged away from Hyomi hoping she had gone inside so i could walk, but knowing her, she would wait till I was out of site. So I ended up jogging all the way to building. Truthfully, no one called me at the cafe. I forgot I had an alarm set on my phone and I had to make it look like it was an actual phone call so I wouldn't embaress myself. I ruffled my hair in fustration as i slowed down now in front of the Starship building. I plopped onto the grass feeling tired and uneasy.

"Really...why did I have to ask..." I murmured closing my eyes. Well at least she said you guys would've been happy...it could've been like no we would have divorced and stuff but it wasn't like that....that's what happens when you over think things Youngmin.

I laughed at myself. It was true. Hyomi and I WOULD have been a very happy couple, but the reality was, we COULDN'T. My feelings for her were too one sided and I could already tell she was in love with changwoo. All of us could tell, but Hyomi...she's so oblvious to her own feelings. She over anaylzes the situation...but I love her for that. Kim Hyomi. A childhood friend I will never forget. I loved you...but now that I've gotten all of these burdens off my chest, I can leave you at ease....Goodbye my love.