If it's not one thing, it's another...

Sapphire Chaos

Heechul’s POV

“Ah... Why isn’t Donghae answering my messages? Honestly, I don’t get it. I know perfectly well that this isn’t a big issue, but hello! Someone had to tell him and since Kayla isn’t here at the moment, since she’s probably with Lee Joon doing some harmless activity, I took charge and told him! Is that so wrong? Shouldn’t he be grateful instead of pissed? It sounds like he doesn’t give a about what’s going on. I’m only suggesting that he should try to take control over the situation before it’s uncontrollable! That’s my sole request. Now he just ignores the problem even exists. He’s probably not aware of how much time Kayla is spending with Lee Joon nowadays... And he hasn’t read my messages that tell him that info either. Yes, yes. He’s busy and all, I get the point. I’m just trying to save their relationship here but who really gives a damn, huh? I’m hardly getting any help around here. Sigh... Should I talk to Kayla or not? If I don’t, I will expect Donghae to do it. But if he doesn’t? Maybe I should ask if she has talked to him today? Wonder where she is anyway... Well, it’s one o’clock. Ah, they’re probably shooting another scene today. Aw, I miss those days when I was an actor. I was so good! I’m still good. Awesome in fact. Brilliant! The very best. Hm, maybe I am a bit full of myself? Perhaps I ought to tone it down, just a little bit. It’s not like everyone else isn’t aware of how great I am. On the other hand, it’s really fun to rub one’s success in someone else’s face. It leaves them with the thought: why am I not that great? Why can’t I be The Great Kim Heechul. A lady magnet, a guy magnet... I simply attract everyone and anyone. Even that drag-queen... But that was a day of its own. I never want to relive that one again. Anyway, back to the problem! Tell Kayla or not tell Kayla?”

“Hyung... Who the hell are you talking to?” I turned my head to Eunhyuk whose expression was anything but calm. He frankly looked terrified.

“Myself. Who else would I speak to? There’s no one in this freaking dorm who could possibly understand my dilemma! You, monkey, are definitely not one of those people I’d talk to. Even if you’re best friends with Donghae. It’s out of the question so stop asking me! I’m not telling you anything whatsoever!”

“Great, hyung. Because I don’t want to know,” Eunhyuk snorted. I instantly straightened myself up on the couch, giving Eunhyuk a shocked look.

How can you not want to know?” I burst out in an upset tone. Eunhyuk put his hand to his forehead. I got up from my seat on the couch. “Well? How can you not want to know about your best friend’s relationship that could potentially come to an end soon or worse! They could get closer and they’d soon have a freaking baby coming! Imagine the chaos then! Just think what it would be like having a baby running around here!” Eunhyuk looked like he wanted to hit me by the time I’d finished talking, so I took a step back – just to be safe.

“What the hell are you talking about, hyung? You’re giving me a headache! And they’re not having a baby!”

“Who’s having a baby?!” It came from a nearby room. Leeteuk rushed out in a towel wrapped around his hips; his hair still wet from the water he’d had over himself only a few seconds ago. I smirked smugly in Eunhyuk’s direction.

“See? This is the kind of chaos I’m speaking of! You should really start caring about their relationship now,” I stated, crossing my arms. Leeteuk’s eyes flew from me to Eunhyuk.

“ARE DONGHAE AND KAYLA HAVING A BABY?!” Leeteuk shouted. Eunhyuk didn’t have time to open his mouth before the word had spread like wildfire throughout the dorms. I could easily picture how Ryeowook choked on his afternoon cup of tea, how Sungmin lost balance during a yoga exercise, how Kyuhyun had a heart attack but soon woke up again since he’d lost on StarCraft; in other words, chaos broke out everywhere. I sat down on the couch again, waiting for the upcoming amusing moments that would follow. It took less than 30 seconds for everyone to gather in the living room, the remaining six who still were in the dorms began to chatter in each other’s mouths while Eunhyuk desperately tried to calm them down. To my surprise, Yesung seemed to be the most hysteric out of all other members. He could rarely be seen around the dorms, according to me at least. He stayed in his room for most of the time and only came out when it was dinner time.

“NO ONE HAS TOLD ME THIS! WHY HASN’T ANYONE TOLD ME THIS?!” Yesung’s voice cracked here and there as he yelled out his disappointments. Meanwhile, Ryeowook and Sungmin jumped around in joy, making me almost feel sorry for them. Kyuhyun sat down on the floor like a little boy that had lost his mommy and had found out she didn’t want him any longer. Eunhyuk gave up completely and Leeteuk ran around like a chicken without head. It amused me that no one had asked either Donghae or Kayla about this, they’d just assumed I spoke the truth, which was very rare. Or maybe this was Leeteuk’s fault? Hm. Yeah, it is.

“GUYS! THEY’RE NOT HAVING A ING BABY! CALM THE DOWN!” I shouted above all other voices. The members stopped being hysteric at once, except for Kyuhyun who jumped up in joy. Sungmin and Ryeowook glared at me with pouts. I pointed at Leeteuk. “His fault. I didn’t say anything about babies. I mean I did, but I didn’t say specifically they were having one. Anyway, it’s good that you’re all here because-”

“HEECHUL! THIS IS SERIOUS! I AM REALLY UPSET HERE!” three of them yelled out in unison. Wow, co-ordinated, I thought. I was actually a bit impressed.

“Well, sorry! It’s not my fault you all get hysteric and refuse to listen to Eunhyuk when he tries to explain!” Eunhyuk shot me a death-glare; I gave him a forced smile back. “Although I must say that this is a very effective way if you want to have instant meetings, Teuk. Remember that,” I told our leader. He didn’t look much happier than any other member though. In fact, he looked the most pissed off.

“And what happens when they do have a baby?” Yesung remarked. I shrugged, opening my mouth to snort at him, but another voice interrupted me.

“Who’s having a baby?” Kayla’s curiosity couldn’t be mistaken in her cheerful tone.

“You. We thought...” Ryeowook pouted. Kayla got a bug-eyed – border-line crazy – look in her eyes.

“What?! I’m not having a baby! I have had with Donghae like two times and that was over two months ago! I’ve had my period, okay?!” she burst out. I guessed she had forgotten we weren’t her real brothers and that there were some things we believed she should keep to herself. Kayla’s red cheeks and clearing of made the whole situation both laughable and super awkward. Most of the members looked the other way, erasing the information from their minds. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun, Kangin and Eunhyuk were staring at Kayla. “Don’t,” Kayla warned them, holding up a finger at them. “I’ll be in my room,” she muttered as she rushed inside, closing the door behind her. There was an unanimous exhale in the room, and after that, everyone went their own ways, going into their rooms or such. I was left with the mad leader and embarrassed lead dancer who both clearly felt like ripping me to pieces.

“Sorry?” I tried hopefully.

“That’s not going to save your skin, Heechul,” Leeteuk growled. “What were you thinking?!”

“I didn’t even talk to you!” I snapped. “You just assumed it and had to yell it out! That’s nowhere near my fault. I’m not taking on any responsibility for this. And I have to talk to Kayla before she disappears again.” I made my way to Kayla’s and Donghae’s room, knocking three times before opening the door. “Hey, save me,” I said, closing the door behind me. Kayla lay on the bed with her face in her pillow.

“That was so embarrassing...” she whined. Her high-pitched voice sent chills down my spine. “I’m never showing my face to them ever again! And Donghae is going to kill me for this! They’ll tease both of us so much! Aw!” She kicked her feet like a little child. I decided to take my chance by the mention of Donghae.

“Eh, speaking of Donghae. Have you talked to him lately?” I asked. I needed to be discreet if Kayla was going to stay oblivious to my true intentions. Kayla lifted her head from the pillow.

“No. We haven’t talked. Why are you wondering?” she suspiciously demanded. I shrugged my shoulders.

“No particular reason. Are you sure he hasn’t written a message or something like that?” Kayla reached for her phone, checked it and then gave me a glance.

“How did you know?” I tried shrugging again but this time her irritation revealed itself through a sigh. “Will you just tell me, Heechul?”

“Because... I might’ve talked to him. Earlier... There’s gone a rumour about you and Lee Joon dating. Amongst their fans mostly. No ELFs seem to be involved,” I explained to her. “I wanted to make sure Donghae was aware of it. But, to be honest, he didn’t seem to care so I left it alone. Although, since he has texted you, I’m thinking he might’ve started caring now.”

“Aha...” I watched as she checked her phone and noticed how she raised a brow. “Yup. He’s sent me something all right.” She showed me the text message Donghae had sent to her.

“‘Hi, princess. Hope you’re having a good time even though-”

“Skip to the end, Heechul,” Kayla’s firm voice ordered. I did as she said.

“‘Heechul hyung sent me a link today. It was an article written about Lee Joon and how rumours say he’s got a girlfriend. That girl is you. I don’t know if you know what rumours has been going around, and well, I’m not there to deal with it either, so it’s up to you. I suggest that you talk to Lee Joon about it and perhaps ask whoever is in charge what you can do. Otherwise, Leeteuk hyung should be able to help you out. Hope it all gets solved. Love you, bye.’ What the hell?! Is he blaming me for this? I just wanted his best! That little bastard,” I complained. I looked up at Kayla who glared at me. “Sorry... I informed him because I thought he needed to know. But you haven’t talked to him about it, huh?” I apologised.

“No. I haven’t. Heechul, never ever talk to Donghae about anything that has nothing to do with you! Why are you getting involved with this?!” I had my head lowered, feeling the guilt.

“I’m sorry. Like I said, I told him because he ought to know. I’m really sorry, Kayla. It wasn’t my meaning to make you angry or anything. How much do you know about these rumours, anyway? It’s all over the internet! You should do something about it before it gets too big of a deal to handle. Besides, if this come to the ELFs attention, they could fall out of trust and love for you. That’s the last thing we want to happen.”

“I could not care less about what ELF think of me if they believe in such stupid rumours,” Kayla said, standing up and passing me on the way out. I gazed after her in chock.

“Kayla, hold up! You’re not suggesting you’re not going to do anything because you think our fans would be stupid if they start believing that you’re cheating on Donghae, despite news telling them it’s true? Isn’t that a bit... mean? Careless?” I inquired seriously. It made Kayla come to a halt, swing around and glare at me worse.

“I’m careless? Are you kidding me?” she spat out. “I’ve not been anything but kind towards your fans! Why should they believe rumours if Donghae hasn’t confirmed it or even SM? If we were to break up, I mean. You’re being too concerned, Heechul. I’ve got it all under control. You don’t have to worry about me, I’m not a little girl. Got that?” I blinked at her incredulously.

“Where the is that attitude coming from?” I questioned. “Have you gotten some ‘new born star’-attitude now? Thinking you’re the best, that everything is all right as long as you are? Drop that, Kayla. No one appreciates it when a newcomer thinks the highest of themselves. I don’t know if that’s the way it is in England but don’t come here doing that,” I warned her. Even if Kayla could argue about this with me, I knew others would look down on her if she acted that way. In Korea it’s A and B to look up to your seniors, respect them, follow their advice and talk to them in a well mannered way. Kayla hadn’t grown up with that, so for now, people could excuse her. But not for long, especially not if she became a successful actress. Then she’d have no other choice than learn the Korean way of things.

“What are you talking about? I don’t have an attitude! This is how I am,” Kayla objected upset.

“I know. That’s why I’m pointing it out to you. That way of acting isn’t appreciated in the entertainment industry here in Korea. You’ve got to be respectful and above all consider others before you think about yourself. Saying you don’t care about what rumours is going on is like saying that you don’t care what happens to Donghae’s reputation if it comes out it’s you on those pictures! He’ll be put in a terrible situation because of it. You’ve got no idea.”

“I do have an idea! And I’m going to deal with it! Once it comes up.”

“What more are we waiting for?” I exclaimed, not wanting to believe how impossible she was behaving. I didn’t want to say it, but she did sound like a kid. “The next thing that could possibly complicate things would be if you’ve been offered a contract with Starhaus Entertainment!” Kayla’s gaping mouth shut itself.

“Why would that be bad?” she mumbled quietly. I deadpanned. Oh my dear God in heaven that doesn’t exist according to my beliefs!

“Have they done that?” I asked, now not hiding my worry.

“Yes,” she simply answered. “And I’m planning on accepting it. It’s a really good company with lots of big stars. They’ve got great teachers, they care about their artists, unlike SM does... Why should I not accept?”

“See? This is what I mean, Kayla! You don’t know the ways of our country and you need to learn them before thinking you can do everything by yourself! There’s a thousand reasons why you can’t join Starhaus Entertainment! One of them is that SM would freak out, Donghae would, yet again, be put in a very awkward position and SM wouldn’t let you live with us or date Donghae. You’ve broken the contract once already by being Donghae’s girlfriend. You cannot tell me you’re breaking it again by going over to a rival company of the company he belongs to.”

“Why? I don’t get it. What’s so bad about me belonging to another company?” I could see that she was getting more upset as we discussed this issue, but it needed to be cleared up.

“Rivalry, Kayla. It’s as simple as that... It says in our contract that we cannot date, especially someone from another company because it creates problems. Though I don’t understand why that should matter to you. Isn’t it enough that you won’t live with us anymore if you sign the contract? Have you mention it to Donghae, even?”

“Not yet. But this is ridiculous! I can’t let an opportunity like this slip out of my hands! Everyone has to sacrifice things, right? Didn’t all of you do that when you signed that idiotic contract?” In some ways, I did agree with her, more than I wanted to admit. I sighed, knowing that what I was about to say might cause more trouble.

“Yes. Everyone did... If you want, you can ask every member what they gave up specifically. Ask Donghae. He left a whole world behind him. You know what happened to his father and the guilt he has for pursuing his dreams instead of taking care of his family. I beg that you reconsider, discuss this with Hae and then make a decision. You need to know what you’re giving up on, otherwise I can guarantee the chock of what you lost will destroy you.” I turned my heel around, not wanting to hear another word until she’d thought about it carefully.

I grabbed my jacket and took a long walk to clear my mind, calm myself down. I hoped that once I returned, Kayla would’ve understood the gravity of the situation, of her plans. Did she really believe that I said it to hurt her? And not to make sure she knew what she was doing, trying to help her survive this thing called life as a star. It took an hour, and then I got back to the dorms. Upon opening the door, I heard shouting coming from Kayla’s bedroom. I threw off my jacket and hurried there, but Leeteuk stopped me on the way. “They need to speak alone,” he told me. I restrained myself, obeying Leeteuk for once. We waited until the screaming had ceased and Kayla came out by herself. She held up her phone in my face, the tears streaming down her cheeks out of frustration and sadness. I looked at the phone then at her. She bit her lip hard.

“I'm going to accept it. I’m going to sign the contract as soon as possible. We’re over anyway.” She stomped to the hallway; I followed closely behind her.

“You broke up with him?” I held my breath, waiting for her to answer.

“No,” she replied, slamming the door shut as she walked out.


So... drama~ What do you guys think? Is Kayla doing to right thing? Or is she being a ? What do you think Donghae will think about this? Comment bellow and tell me what you think! I like silent readers too, but I LOVE readers who comment~ Haha! Love you guys<3