Introducing the members!

Sapphire Chaos

I closed my eyes, to feel more than see. His fingers lingered against my cheek, not fully willing to leave it. His exhales my face gently and filled my lungs when I inhaled it happily. We were lying on his bed in the dorms, the door was locked of course and no one bothered us. It wasn’t more than nine o’clock or so in the morning, on a Saturday. I liked Saturdays and today especially. He was free from work this particular day, which made it important for me to spend as much time with him as possible, since it could take a while before he was free for a whole day again.

You see, my boyfriend isn’t just a regular guy that work 40 hours a week and then he can go home. No, my boyfriend is in fact an idol, he’s famous. He has got work all year and all day long, even nighttime sometimes. At times he works alone, if he has a role in a drama… Oh, I forgot to mention that he works as an actor, songwriter, singer, dancer, rapper and model! So it’s really not that strange that he’s got a hundred things to do all the time. But mainly he works as an idol, for a company called SM Entertainment. With the idol part of work it’s normal for the idols to do more than just being ‘idols’, although there’s nothing really easy about being an idol either. No matter what you have to look good all the time and you cannot say the wrong things; you have to know your place. You, basically, have to be perfect. It’s a very demanding lifestyle. Yes, it’s more a lifestyle than just work, especially if you become as famous as my boyfriend and the other members of the band are. SM Entertainment is one of the biggest companies that work with idol bands, if not the biggest. Sadly, it’s mostly about money for them, rather than music and actual passion for producing music. My boyfriend’s band is one of the most successful ones, meaning they have more eyes on them within the company. But also, they don’t get as much attention when it comes to making them even more famous since SM constantly is thinking about new ways to make money. The band my boyfriend and 14 other guys are committed to is called Super Junior. Depending on how dedicated you are as a fan, also called ELF (Ever Lasting Friend), you’ll say the band contains either 13 members or 15. Two of the boys are according to SM, merely a part of the Chinese sub-group Super Junior-m and are therefore not counted for in the ‘real’ Super Junior. My boyfriend is both a part of, of course, Super Junior, Super Junior-m and also a duet. The duet is him and his best friend Eunhyuk who is in Super Junior-m as well, plus one other group. They’ve even become a pairing in the media world and use this to gain more attention, quite smart if you ask me. Their pairing’s name is EunHae, standing for the first three letters in Eunhyuk’s name and the last in my boyfriend’s name. Super Junior has been on the market for around 5 years now. They have a huge fan base with thousands of fans, if it isn’t millions by now. I arrived to this family of guys only two months ago. They were very welcoming and we instantly had a special connection, me and in fact all of them. I can tell you a bit about each member and why they do mean so much to me already after so little time of knowing each other. Every single one of them is special, charismatic, friendly, but also funny and slightly kooky. They’re both friends and exceptional overprotective brothers. I have only lived with the original 13 members so I’m not too familiar with Henry and Zhoumi, a shame I know but I can’t do much about it. They aren’t in Korea so often and when they are, they are super busy.

We’ll start with our dear leader: Leeteuk. A man of great respect and who loves when everything is where it should be, on their right places, including the members, and prefers white out of all other colours. He’s a maniac when it comes to the colour white, always has to wear something white or else he won’t even leave the dorms. He’s 28 years old, with… um… well I think his hair originally is chestnut or some other form of light brown nuance but I can’t be sure, they change hair colour like they change their underwear. I would know since I’m the only one who does the laundry in the entire dorm. According to the other members Leeteuk is the one with the worst jokes and to tell him that a joke was bad the entire band goes quiet, staring at him. Most of time he can laugh it off but it does happen that he gets mad and hit all the members who didn’t laugh. The only person he would never hit is: ME! He thinks I’m way too cute of that, ha-ha! Either way, other leaders to other bands have almost all agreed that they have Leeteuk as their inspiration and say that they want to be like him. One more thing, Leeteuk cares so much about the members that he can’t help crying nearly every night from pure love, pride and gratefulness for the members. It’s so adorable…

Now to our next member! The second oldest and the probably most badass and just pure awesome- Yah! Heechul! Give me back the computer! I’m so sorry for that, he does that a lot. Heechul… He’s a special, one-of-a-kind man. There’s no one like Kim Heechul. He loves to say whatever he thinks and almost always does that just to get a reaction from people, like when he tells Leeteuk that he’s getting more wrinkles just because they don’t have the same skin type. That’s just something that you have to accept when you are around him. What I get to hear is that I’m short even though I’m not in fact that short. Or when he tells me that I should try dating all the members before picking and then of course I should pick him because he apparently is the best? I often question that… Anyway, Heechul is the second to oldest and he has a pupil whom he teaches pranks, evil jokes, bad words and a bunch of other things. That poor man is also his best friend and they are a bit like EunHae are, inseparable and they love each other. Heechul also has different names of which he calls the members and me. It’s really beautiful though that even behind the kind of bad boy/playboy attitude that he uses as image, he’s a very kind man who cares for his dongsaengs more than anything, and he protects them from everything. I’m honoured to be able to say that he is a dear friend of mine. He will never let you be sad, alone or in any way unhappy about things that he has the power to change. He’s awesome to be frank.

Next up is our dear foreigner! He like me is from another country although his home lies far closer than mine. His name is Hankyung or Han Geng or as I call and the members call him, Hannie! Except Heechul who calls him I think China Man… Hm… Well, Hannie and I have a strong, stable relationship and have had so since the beginning when we both found ourselves having a few difficulties with the language and how to act in different situations. He has helped me a lot, both with language and with how you act when around certain important people. Something I would never had known otherwise… He’s super humble and has a big heart, loves rice too like me. He has an awesome taste for music, as well as great sense for style, clothing and hair. He manages to whenever, with whatever and wherever makes everything about him look great! I don’t know how he does t to be honest and I’m extremely envious of his ability. Hannie is quiet, calm, gentle, polite, funny and one of my best friends! You just have to know him because it’s so hard to describe him. But I’m sure you’ll understand what I’m trying to say when you meet him for the first time, unless Heechul steps in the way for that… My suggestion is that you ignore him then, focus on the others.

Next is their little songbird! Yesung! One of the funniest men you’ll ever meet! Such an interesting personality and with such charisma, that it’ll blow your mind. His hands may be small but his heart is the biggest and even though he sometime struggles with showing his pure, warm heart he for sure has one. He only needs time to be able to show it to you. He owns one of the most beautiful voices in the entire industry possesses the quality to make your ears experience true melodic wonders and on top of that, does it with so incredible emotion that even the strongest metal eyes can form a few tears in them. It’s amazing. He hears that a lot but he knows that people say it because they are unable to find words that could bring his voice justice. He likes to sing, obviously, so in the first couple of days that I visited the dorms I got a few private concerts. It was one of the better surprises; I got a lot of them.

Okay, next one is Kangin… Hm… What do you say about Kangin? I was a bit scared of him the first times I met him, mostly because of how he treated the more naughty younger members. Other than that I don’t have much to say about Kangin, he’s not exactly one of the people I hang out with, so it would be wrong if I said things about him that afterwards turned out be false. What I can say about him is that he always has one or two things to say that are either interesting or rather funny. Often he bullies someone else and if it’s not me then I’m happy! He’s also a great singer and despite having a quite large body he possesses good dancing skills that aren’t too far away from what the other members can do, definitely proving that he’s worthy of his part of the band.

And now we have Shindong! One of the main dancers and also main rappers in the group! Hence his outgoing personality he received the work as a MC at the comedian type of shows. He and another member have or had a radio show together, Kiss the Radio. But I think he’s too busy to be there right now. Anyway, Shindong is known for being the one who cracks the most jokes (good jokes) and most members say that he is a form of stress reliever to them. Shindong colours his hair in the boldest colours and can basically do so because he feels like it and because it matches who he is, his image. I like him a lot, he has the friendliest smiles and the best hugs. Don’t tell my boyfriend that…

Now to our bunny! Sungmin! Or Minnie like I call him! He’s the cuddliest and cutest yet muscular and handsome man you’ll ever lay eyes on! He’s adorable and y at the same time and I have no idea how he does it! He’s just a fantastic little bunny who you will love no matter what! He helped me whenever I felt alone and he always kept me company when my boyfriend couldn’t. Minnie is without a doubt my best friend in the dorms and we hang out often. Play guitar in his room, sing together and all kinds of wonderful fun stuff that can cure any sad face caused by anything! Almost…He’s the little wonder boy of Super Junior, so wonderful and just simply amazing in every way. I love him so much… dreamy sigh haha! Yet again, don’t tell my boyfriend, wink, wink…

Let’s talk about our precious dance machine next! The reason to why my boyfriend wants me so close, I’d say I might have a small crush on this man. He’s a dancer, which makes at least me very weak for him. He really enjoys teasing me about the fact that I do believe he’s too good looking for his own good and for mine and he likes to tease my boyfriend and make him jealous, even though they’re best friends. They do everything together, and then I really mean everything. Eunhyuk went around and told me a whole bunch of things that they had done that my boyfriend and I hadn’t and would say that he like him more than he liked me. This would result in a pile of violence towards Hyuk from me. I have hit his head many times in these two months that I’ve known him. He’s pretty darn annoying. It doesn’t help when he gives pay back and walk around the dorms without a shirt on and to top it off he lowers his pants so that you’ll just be able to see his boxers show. A dream for every fan girl, I know, but not for me! I’m trying to stay faithful to my boyfriend here! Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun and Siwon all seem to have the habit to walk around without shirts on. Leeteuk too actually, it was an interesting surprise to me. Eunhyuk is the only one who does it to tease me. The others aren’t completely aware of it. Eunhyuk is an annoying little monkey without shirt but I love him despite that, weirdly enough. So does most friends that I have who have only seen him and dreamt about him, they don’t always know what they’re talking about. Nonetheless, Eunhyuk does have a lovely personality, comforting wisdom and an eternal good heart, for which he’s loved and respected.

Now let’s skip my boyfriend and go to our dear visual and friend Siwon! A man with much faith, words of wisdom and a bright, happy personality. He’s very outgoing so we connected fast. Even if I’m not particularly religious he respects that and we get along perfectly well. We can sit down almost anywhere and discuss life, both ours and others’. But apart from being religious Siwon brings a special atmosphere to situations, 90% of them are good ones. His pure heart and honesty is where I think I most could appreciate that I know him, has him as my friend. He’s the most overprotective one. One time he took the liberty to scold my boyfriend because he had let me go home at nine o’clock all alone. From what I’ve heard from the other members that discussion they had is the reason to why I never walk alone anymore. Siwon will instantly offer me a ride or company whenever my boyfriend is busy. He’s super sweet, cool, helpful, caring and plainly awesome.

­­Our next member is also a little songbird! One of the three youngest but to me he’s more like a mom than Leeteuk sometimes. It’s so sweet how Ryeowook take care of his hyungs. He’s incredibly reliable, adorable and sweet. You’ll instantly love him at first sight because he exuberate kindness. He’s like all ELF know a great cook, I’ve learned quite a few recipes from him. Ryeowook is the perfect dongsaeng; he’ll do anything for you. He, like Siwon, is also very overprotective about me. He has told me that he worries about me whenever I haven’t visited for a long time. He often calls me, wondering how I’m doing and if my work is going good and if the relationship is holding up and so on. He’s a sensitive guy, cries every time something big or small happens to the members. When one of the members is stressed Ryeowook will cheer them up as much as he can, by cooking delicious food for them, talking to them or listen. Ryeowook is an exceptional listener. Never says a word of judgment, only says things if he can help and he’ll get devastated if he can’t. His innocent, pure heart would never hurt or fail you.

Now, it’s Kibum’s turn. A shy and quiet boy, who you can easily forget if you don’t try your best to get to know him, it’ll be a shame if you don’t. He’s nice, sweet and when you get closer to him and he opens up to you, then you’ll notice that he’s witty, funny, smart… Right now he doesn’t live in the dorms and isn’t active in Super Junior because he felt the need to develop his acting career. I only had the pleasure to meet him a handful of times but I’m so happy I got to meet him at all before he went on his adventure to seek who he truly is. I fully support his decision and I’m only happy for him. I wish I could do like that. Of course, it’s a bit sad that he’s no longer in Super Junior for the moment but I’m positive that he’ll come back. More ready and cooler than ever! I reckon his journey will strengthen him, make him wiser. I’m grateful towards him because he did offer me to take his room when he went, I would’ve done it if I’d been ready. I wasn’t at that time. He writes to me now and then, asking how I’m doing, asking me to keep an eye out for his hyungs, making sure they’re alright and asking me to help them when I can in his absence. Kibum is a wonderful guy, he really is.

Lastly now, it’s our evil maknae Kyuhyun. He’s 23 and still a pain in the sometimes! You’d think he would’ve grown up by now but no. He’s like a teasing kid. Loves to bully his hyungs and me he does. Never missing a single opportunity to prank me, fool me or make me believe things. It was hopeless in the beginning and I felt a bit insecure with meeting that many guys at the same time and all Kyuhyun did was making up things that would scare me off. Nothing about my boyfriend, just about the members to start with then it got worse as time passed and I had become comfortable with the members. He’d tell me that Kangin would sleepwalk so I shouldn’t for my own safety sleep over, apparently Kangin liked to hit things that were in his way when sleepwalking. If you can ignore all of that then maybe you could come to like Kyuhyun. It’ll help if you enjoy playing games, which I don’t. Don’t worry though, Kyuhyun would never intentionally hurt you and will apologise if he realises that it’s gone too far and you got hurt or sad. If you’re lucky you get to spend some time alone with him. It’s nearly almost then that he lets himself be cute and sweet. Otherwise he certainly will not show you that side of him. It’s extremely rare and I feel honoured to have had him show it to me. He’ll probably kill me for this but he’s one of the cutest guys I know. When he talks about the members he leaves all the stubbornness, cockiness and know-it-all attitude at the door. He gets humble, his eyes sparkles with tears about to spill over. It apparent he feels like he owes his hyungs everything when it’s really nothing. Kyuhyun struggles with realising how great he is and that he in fact is great on his own. He rarely understands his value, the things he adds to the group. He’s precious to me, even if he’s a pain.

Every single one of the members is perfect in their own way, that’s why they are a group and not solo artists. I realised early how much they need each other, how close they are together. If it wasn’t for them I know that my life would be utterly boring. For me, they are princes all of them. But only one of them is my prince…

 


Yay! First chapter done! Hope you like it~ Please comment and subscribe if you like it :) Next chapter will come soon~ ^^