Having fun with Lee Joon!

Sapphire Chaos

Author’s POV

“Kayla, your phone is ringing!” Donghae yelled from their bedroom. He looked down at the ID of the caller and scrunched his nose a little bit. “It’s Lee Joon!”

“I’m coming! Can you answer?” Kayla shouted from the outside. Donghae’s nose scrunched up more as he got her phone, answering it with some reluctance.

“Hi, Joon. How are you?” he answered.

“Hello? Who is it?”

“It’s Donghae,” Donghae chuckled. “Don’t you recognise my voice, pal?” Lee Joon laughed loudly for some time, then he replied.

“Sorry, hyung, I didn’t. Why are you answering Kayla’s phone? Or have I called the wrong number?” Lee Joon joked. Donghae chuckled.

“Nope. She’s busy doing something. I have no idea what she’s doing, though. But she asked me to answer, so I did. How are you doing?”

“I’m good. It’s not so stressful at the moment, which feels nice. But some of the members here are running around like crazy. It’s just me that only have some activities and the movie. That’s by the way why I’m calling. I was thinking if I could borrow Kayla for the day? I have some time to study the script now, plus I’m bored so... Can I burrow her?” Lee Joon asked, using his sweetest voice. Donghae hummed.

“Fine, I guess you can do that. The guys and I are super busy right now, we’re also running around Seoul for different schedules all the time. So, fine. You may burrow Kayla for the day. As long as you don’t keep her, that I won’t allow,” he said.

“Of course not! I wouldn’t do that to you, hyung. You can trust me.”

“I trust you. It’s everyone else I don’t trust,” Donghae chuckled.

“I’ll keep them away from her too, promise. But can you tell her to come to our dorms in about an hour or so?”

“Sure, I’ll tell her that. We’ll see each other soon then, okay? Bye.”

“Yes! See you around, hyung. Bye!” Lee Joon hung up. Just then, Kayla walked inside the bedroom. She had flour all over her clothes, making Donghae stare at her with an amused eye.

“What have you done, my love? Had a flour-fight with Kyu or Hyuk?”

“Heechul, actually. And he won. Believe it or not... Who was it that called?” Kayla asked, whilst changing her top.

“Lee Joon,” Donghae replied.

“Oh... What did he want?”

“He wondered if you wanted to meet up and go through, maybe start practising, the script. I told him that you could be there in about an hour. Does that sound good?” Donghae told her. Kayla nodded.

“Yep. What are you going to do tonight? Is it the concert in Gangnam today?”

“Yes.” Donghae kissed her shoulder as he walked passed. “I’ll be home around one, I think. It’s a lot right now, as you are aware of.”

“Mm... I know. It’s a lot in school too. But I should be home to be able to make some snack in case you’re hungry when you get home. And I’ll tell Joon you said hi.”

“Do that. And only do the snack if you have time, otherwise I think you should stay with Lee Joon. It’s important that you practise the script as much as you can. So you do a brilliant job on the set later.”

“Okay! As you wish, my prince. In that case I’ll head off now. Don’t overwork yourself, all right?” They kissed quickly and Donghae nodded. “Good. Love you!”

“Love you more, princess! See you later.”

“See ya!” Kayla grabbed her necessities and left the dorms. It didn’t take long before she had reached MBLAQ’s dorms, then gone upstairs. She knocked on the door eagerly. “Oppa! It’s me! Open!” she screamed. Lee Joon opened the door, looking quite happy.

“Why are you banging on my door? Do you want anything?” he asked jokingly. Kayla grinned and pushed him aside, stepping inside. “Eager I see. What’s the occasion?” Lee Joon closed the door and followed Kayla out into the living room, where she’d sat down on the couch with the script in her lap. She got up, turned to the right page and smirked at Lee Joon.

“‘Excuse me, sir? Where can I find this road, I’m rather lost. It’s my first time in Seoul and I can’t find my way. Could you help me?’” Kayla smiled widely at Lee Joon who instantly got the wink. He ran to fetch his own manuscript and searched for the correct page. He made a confused expression like it said his character would do.

“‘Eh? What the heck are you talking about?’” Lee Joon’s character replied in Korean.

“‘Oh, I’m sorry! I thought you spoke English... Juisonghabnida!’” Kayla’s character said in a slightly broken Korean accent. Lee Joon’s character raised an eyebrow, seeming even more confused.

“‘You don’t know Korean?’” his character asked. .

“‘I do. I just thought I’d talk English and hope that you did that too. But I can speak Korean... a bit. Can you show me the way?’” Kayla and Lee Joon acted out their characters’ first meeting. A scene that took place in café where Lee Joon’s character, Woo Minki worked. Kayla’s character, whose name was Mollie, had just arrived to Seoul a few days earlier for a change in her life and she had lost her way completely when walking home from her sightseeing around the city. Thinking that someone in the café might be able to help her, Mollie stepped inside and asked the first person she saw. Minki told her that he could help her if she stayed until he finished his work. Mollie sat down to wait and eventually Minki was done with his work. Meanwhile he worked, Mollie tried to find her location on a map, but failed and gave up within an hour.

“‘Hey, I’m done now. Let’s go?’” Lee Joon said to Kayla who pretended to read a map. She got up and followed him out on the ‘street’. “‘So... Can I ask why you’re in Korea? You don’t look like you’re from here.’” Lee Joon sat down next to Kayla on the couch, reading his lines seriously, he wanted to do his best in order to help Kayla perform better as well.

“‘Oh, I’m here because I need a change. I’ve always been interested in Korea and thought this might be the place for me. Long story. By the way, thank you for helping me. What’s your name? My name is Mollie.’”

“Kayla, look into my eyes when you say that. I know we’re just practising but you’ll get the right feeling if you do that,” Lee Joon advised. Kayla read the line again, then looked up into his eyes like he’d asked.

“‘Oh, I’m here because... I need a change. I’ve always been interested in Korea and thought this might be the place for me. Long story... By the way,’” she deliberately changed the tone in her voice, attempting to sound a bit happier. “‘...thank you for helping me. What’s your name? My name is Mollie.’”

“Much better! Let’s stop there and take it from the beginning. You’re really good at this, I’m super impressed!” Lee Joon complimented, patting her head. Kayla giggled.

“Thanks. You’re just as good as I thought you were going to be. We’ll take it from the beginning. And then we can run through the script a couple of times, so that we get the feel of it. And what it’s about and all that...” Kayla suggested.

“Agreed. Ah, just one thing. Your ‘fake’ Korean accent needs to be fixed. It’s not good, you sound too native haha!”

“Too native? Are you kidding? I’m not that great in Korean... Heechul and Kyuhyun correct me all the time. It’s really annoying...”

Lee Joon laughed, “Yes, I can imagine that. You can tell me more about your life in the dorms, which I’m, by the way, very curious about, later after we’re done with the script. All right?”

“Yes! I’m just going to walk around here...” Kayla stood up and started to walk around in a circle, making a few noises. Lee Joon laughed loudly, being the extremely easily amused man he was. “Okay! Let’s do this. Ahem, ahem...”

After three hours of hardcore rehearsal, a tired Lee Joon and Kayla slumped down on the couch at last, both with a glass of soda in their hands and chocolate on the table. They had now went through the full script five times, looked through the monologue Kayla had in the end of the movie and acted out most of the parts. Kayla sipped on her tea then turned to Lee Joon. “So, did you want to know what’s going on in the dorms?” she asked, sticking out her tongue. Lee Joon nodded.

“Yes! It sounds a bit chaotic... Donghae hyung said they had a lot going on, do they?”

“Yeah. It’s been very many schedules within a small timeframe recently. There’s a lot of flying around to different activities. Shindong and Leeteuk has for example gone directly from practise to their radio show. It’s crazy. SJ-M are preparing a release of a possible album but Siwon’s participation in a drama is putting it on hold from a time. Or, well, he’s doing an audition for one. It’s apparently in Taiwan... Anyway, I don’t know so much about it. And enough about Super Junior, I’m getting tired of them. What about you?” Kayla said.

“Hm... I don’t know about the others, but I’m not too stressed. I only have the movie, a few lessons now and then, some concerts and not much else above that. It’s pretty calm. Although, I’m nervous for this movie, which kind of weighs up for the fact that I have more freedom than usually. In order words, it’s really good for me. How’s it going with school for you, by the way? I forgot to ask about that,” Lee Joon responded.

“Oh, that. Yes, it’s going all right I guess. Since it’s soon spring and exams, I have assignments and homework almost every day. It’s not easy. Which is why, and I must say that this has got to be the best thing about having a boyfriend that’s five years older, school smart and helpful, Donghae helps me out whenever he’s got time for it. He’s so sweet because he sometimes sits down and asks if I need his help with anything as the first thing he does when he comes home, even though he’s exhausted!”

“Doesn’t surprise me. Donghae hyung is always considerate. Even to those he doesn’t know well. And to those he loves, I reckon he’s the most considerate and loving that he can be,” Lee Joon said. “You’re really sweet and caring as well, so I can see why you two are a couple. I really can,” he added when Kayla gave him a suspicious glance. “Hm...”

“What?” Kayla questioned curiously. She’d learned that when Lee Joon said ‘hm’ it meant that he thought about something. It could either be something silly and uninteresting or the exact opposite.

“If you’re like this and he’s like that... Then that mash up should become a chaos of lovey doveiness! Exuberating adorable words, hugs and kisses all around the clock! How on Earth does that members manage that?! Aren’t they quite ‘manly’ and think it’s annoying? Or are they totally fine with it? It must be so much love in one dorm that everything else becomes ignored like ants in the grass in a park! Oh my god! Tell me!” Lee Joon had exploded in hilarious childishness. His eyes were as big as his mouth, which gaped open in hopefulness. He sat on his knees, tugging on his lips in an adorable manner. Kayla couldn’t hold her laughter at all, no matter how hard she tried. She almost fell of the couch, crying of hysterical laughter while Lee Joon waited for her to calm down.

It took some time, but Kayla finally replied him, “Well... They aren’t exactly happy about it once it gets too much. Like this one time when Donghae and I were basically having a competition about who could be the cutest. It ended with Kangin bursting out that I’d won because I was a girl and Donghae should act more manly. Sungmin agreed that I was the cutest, and so did Donghae after I’d convinced him.”

“How did you do that?” Lee Joon wondered.

“I gave him a kiss. Apparently he felt that was enough... Anyway, we’re pretty lovey dovey still, though we’ve calmed down quite a lot. When I had my own apartment and only could visit from time to time we were extra lovey dovey since it had gone longer time for us to meet again. Now we see each other every day, so it’s not as special haha!”

“It sounds lovely anyhow. And I’m jealous of it. It would be really nice to find someone who doesn’t know who you are... At least the first dates. If they’re fans it doesn’t give you any security whatsoever. I’m sure Donghae hyung told you about that,” Lee Joon said. He’d sat down on his now instead.

“He has. He tells me nearly every day how happy he is that I didn’t know who he was before we met. But don’t worry, oppa. You’ll find a perfect girl as well! You’re handsome, kind and have abs! It’s no freaking problem!” Kayla exclaimed, pointing at Lee Joon’s stomach.

“Haha, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. That reminds me, isn’t your prince going to ask you to come home soon? It’s passed eleven already.” Kayla checked her clock. It was indeed passed eleven, had they talked that long?

“Nah, it’s all right. He said he wouldn’t be home until one o’clock or something like that. I can stay, unless you want me to go?”

“It’s not that... The other members should be home soon. And they’d be annoying. We could take a walk and go home to Super Junior’s dorms? Then I can leave you there safely before Donghae gets home so he doesn’t get worried. How does that sound?”

“Perfect! Let’s go right away.” They finished their tea, brought the chocolate with them, Kayla took all her things and then they headed out in the chilly yet cosy midnight air. Kayla held onto Lee Joon’s arm, she didn’t fancy getting lost at night.

“It’s really beautiful tonight, isn’t it? I like walking around at night... It’s more silent at night than at day. Besides... idols like me don’t get recognised as much at night,” he whispered in her ear. Kayla nodded.

“Mm... Can’t be easy being you, oppa. Such a hard life you’re living, isn’t it?” Kayla said jokingly, earning a small nudge from Lee Joon.

“I’m serious,” he mumbled. They took a small walk around the still full streets in the centre of Seoul, then headed back towards Super Junior’s dorms. When they arrived, Lee Joon went upstairs to make sure Kayla got home safely. “Okay, now Donghae hyung can’t complain about me not taking care of you! Please tell him how good I was to go with you all the way to the door, okay? I want him to like me even if I’m working with you, haha!”

“Of course I’ll tell him how good you were to me!” Kayla hugged him tightly. “Thank you for today, Lee Joon oppa! You’re the best!”

“Haha, you’re the best! Good night, sleep tight and have lots of nice dreams!” Lee Joon kissed her cheek. “I’m allowed to do that, right?”

“I don’t know... Ask my boyfriend.” Kayla smiled widely. Lee Joon looked around confused, suddenly realising that someone stood behind him. Kayla giggled at Lee Joon’s expression upon seeing Donghae.

“Oh... Sorry, hyung! I’m really sorry!”

“What? Oh, the kiss on the cheek? That’s all right,” Donghae chuckled. “I have like ten others who do it in the dorms, one more can’t hurt. Hi, princess.” He gave her a small hug and peck on the lips.

“Okay, good. I don’t want to offend you or anything, hyung. Anyway, I should head off. It was really fun hanging out with you, Kayla. And we got a lot done, too!”

“Yep! We’ll blow their minds tomorrow when we have the reading!” Kayla jumped a little up and down in excitement.

“Indeed we will!” Lee Joon agreed. “I’ll see you tomorrow then. Good night! Good night, hyung!” He bowed to Donghae and headed down the stairs.

“Good night!” Donghae shouted after him. “Those are the kind of guys you should hang out with,” Donghae then told Kayla as they walked inside the dorms. Kayla giggled.

“Mm...” They went into the bathroom after hanging off their clothes, both feeling tired and ready to hit the bed. They got done and lay down in their cosy bed in their room, hugging each other like they always did. “I like Lee Joon oppa. He’s funny,” Kayla mumbled tiredly against Donghae’s chest.

“Mm, he is. I don’t mind if he becomes one of your idol friends. It’s good to know people in this industry. God, I’m so tired... Good night, princess. I love you. Sweet dreams.” He kissed her hair lovingly and almost instantly fell asleep.

“Love you too, my prince. Sweet dreams... Good night...” She yawned and closed her eyes, falling asleep shortly.


Hi dear readers! Thank you for reading another chapter! I've been having a huge writer's block, which is why it's taking so long between chapters. Hope you stay with me anyway ^^ What do you guys think about Lee Joon? Does he seems too nice to not have anything on his mind or is that just the way he is? Hm~ I guess you'll have to wait and see what happens! Thank you again for reading! Love you all<333