I'm ready!

Sapphire Chaos

Authors POV

 

“Donghae let me go!” Kayla giggled. Donghae was clinging on to her wrist trying to pull her back into the apartment again.

“Can’t you wear that?” he pleaded, not at all willing to let his girlfriend go. Kayla shook her head forcefully. She needed to change. She had to be much prettier if they were going on a date. She knew Donghae would look gorgeous so she had to try her best to be on his level. She made him let go of her hand and quickly rushed out, leaving a whining Donghae behind.

“See you later princey,” she yelled and giggled. Donghae muttered something to himself before closing the door behind her. Now what would he do? He went out to the living room to encounter the two devils in the dorms. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk had each taken a side in the normally huge couch. They were watching TV.

“What are you guys watching?” Donghae curiously asked and sat down on the armrest which also was quite big. Kyuhyun who had been having his arm on the armrest sat up angrily and glared at him. “Hm, what is it?” the clueless Donghae asked, having his confused look all over his face.

“Why are you sitting here? On the armrest, where there’s supposed to be an arm,” Kyuhyun questioned before pushing Donghae off. Donghae frowned. What was the matter with these two? Where they mad at him?

“Okay, sorry,” he apologised. “Are you mad at me?” Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk exchanged looks. They nodded to one another then while Eunhyuk turned off the TV Kyuhyun pulled Donghae’s hand and seated him between them. Donghae was as confused as ever.

“When are you going to stop this eternal fairy tale talk and all the damn lovey dovey words, phrases and everything else you do?” Kyuhyun wondered, his voice truly drowning in sarcasm.

“It’s starting to get bloody annoying,” Eunhyuk added. “Can’t you take some control and just have or something? We’d much rather listen to that,” he said. Donghae’s face twisted in half disgust at that comment. He sat up straight, cleared his throat.

“That is none of your business. It’s Kayla’s and my relationship and we will do whatever we want,” he told the guys. Their reactions were plain hopelessness. Kyuhyun deadpanned while Eunhyuk just sighed. Donghae felt happy with himself. He had made a statement that was both from his heart and that had put his friends back on earth. But as oblivious as Lee Donghae is he obviously did not understand that the reactions he had gotten meant far from what he thought they did. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were annoyed, that’s all. They didn’t think any differently about the situation than they had before.

“Donghae... Have you ever had ?” Eunhyuk asked. He was rubbing his forehead desperately. How shocked Donghae’s expression was cannot be explained in this situation. It was like each time Heechul told Siwon that his bible was crap and that he didn’t believe in that bull.

“H-how can y-you ask th-that?” Donghae stuttered. Eunhyuk raised his brow. “Of course I’ve had !” Donghae exclaimed. “I’m 25 what the hell do you think?!” he yelled upset. Eunhyuk’s stern face softened and he patted Donghae’s shoulder.

“Just wanted to check...” he said with a smug smile playing on his lips, “I mean you never know so it’s better to just ask once and for all. But good! You’ve had it so you know how amazing the feeling is and-”

“Question is if Kayla has done it yet?” Kyuhyun cut in. Donghae frowned. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk made short nods. “Ah...” Kyuhyun confirmed. “But have you tried?” he continued asking. Donghae suddenly stood up.

“Can we please not talk about it? We’ve only been together for three months. Besides I won’t force her into it,” he told them sincerely. How could they be so stupid that they thought that he hadn’t been thinking about it already? Of course he had.

“But what’s the problem? I mean shouldn’t it come like an impulse of some form?” Kyuhyun asked, mostly turning to Eunhyuk. He was probably more experienced than Donghae. But it was nonetheless Donghae who replied.

“Exactly, which is the problem because,” he sighed and sat down again, “it’s like... She does find me y or hot or whatever but she said earlier today that I had to start it because she didn’t dare. So I did. But that was when you guys interrupted!” he exploded a little, glaring at the two next to him.

“Ops... Sorry about that.” Eunhyuk chuckled. “But then there’s no problem. If she reacted well to it then-”
 
“That’s the thing,” Donghae said, leaning back on the couch “I’m not sure if I want it to be an impulse from me. I want it to be an impulse from both!”
 
“God you’re complicated,” Kyuhyun complained.
 
“Well sorry but I am a gentleman and I don’t want to trick her into something she doesn’t really want. That’s like ...” he whispered the last part. Didn’t matter though, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk had both heard it and burst out in laughter. Donghae blew some hair out of his eyes, feeling disappointed that his two best friends didn’t even try to understand him.
 
“It’s not Donghae,” Kyuhyun assured him. “You basically just have to be subtle, turn her on without her even knowing about it.” He smirked at Eunhyuk whose lips also formed a mischievous smirk. They were thinking alike as usual.
 
“We can help you with that,” Eunhyuk suggested. Donghae turned to him suspiciously, raising his eyebrow.
 
“How?” he simply questioned his friend.
 
“Easy. We use one of our small hearing devices that we use to hear the music during our concerts,” Kyuhyun said. Donghae frowned, he didn’t understand.
 
“Meaning you can hear us in your ear but Kayla can’t. We’ll instruct you and help you throughout the date tonight and since you seem to be stu-” He stopped himself from the glare he received from the other “Sorry. I meant to say that we’ll help you try to figure out how bad Kayla wants to start experimenting with you or if you should give her some more time,” Eunhyuk said. He actually sounded genuinely helpful and nice. Surprising Donghae a bit but then he smiled thankfully. He knew his friends loved him and despite it all wanted to help him. He hugged both his friends.
 
“Thanks guys.” He smiled widely.
 
“No problem,” they said in unison. Donghae stood up.
 
“Thanks again. Now I’m going to take a shower and freshen up for my date tonight.” He clapped his hand and then jumped away.
 
“Hm... And here I thought that we had helped him become a little manlier.” Eunhyuk bit his lips and blinked thoughtfully. Kyuhyun laughed.
 
“Apparently not.” He chuckled. He took the remote and put on the TV again. Eunhyuk sighed and they began watching whatever bull there was on. Both of them were already thinking about what they could tell their poor friend so that he could truly win over the girl he liked so much.
 
When he was done in the shower Donghae went into his room to select the perfect outfit. He had an idea of what he was going to wear. He opened his wardrobe and started to scan it carefully. He smiled when his eyes spotted the perfect shirt, pants and shoes. Conveniently enough they hung under each other. He took them all out and placed the outfit on the bed. He smiled widely. He had such a good taste! Haha! The shirt was white, the pants were also white and guess what? The shoes were also white! The pants were just normal jeans that fit very well and the shirt made his muscles as visible as he wanted them to be. Hehehe... After drying and fixing his hair, he put on his outfit, observed himself in the mirror and picked out a watch to accessories with. When Donghae looked at the reflection in the mirror he was quite satisfied with it. Clean, yet attractive and fresh. That’s how he want to look. Donghae winked to the mirror and walked to the living room. His friends were still sitting in the sofa, watching TV. In other words, they hadn’t moved in over two hours. He thought for a while. What did these two originally know more about girls than he actually did? He had captured Kayla’s heart on his own. Finding out how far in their relationship they had come had nothing to do with Eunhyuk or Kyuhyun.
 
“Guys,” he called to get their attention. They turned their heads to him and both their eyes widened a bit. A smug smile formed on his lips.
 
“I’m impressed,” Eunhyuk spoke first. Kyuhyun nodded.
 
“Thank you. That was exactly what I needed to hear,” he said. They seemed confused. And for once, he wasn’t. “I don’t think I need your help anymore. I’m good on my own,” Donghae clarified to them. Eunhyuk turned off the computer.
 
“From where comes the sudden confidence?” he questioned. The man simply shrugged.
 
“Looking at the reflection in the mirror? I don’t know. I just found it. This thing is something I have to handle myself. But thanks anyway,” he said, smiling at them.
 
“Too bad... We could’ve helped you.” Kyuhyun sighed. “Your loss,” he continued. Donghae raised a brow, not quite sure what he meant by that. He was about to leave a retort when there was a knock on the door. He turned my head to it and went to open.
 
“Hi Hae,” Kayla cooed with a smile on her face. Donghae’s eyes widened at the looks of his girlfriend. She was absolutely stunning! And to Donghae’s complete horror she looked very y. She wore a black dress that went to just above her knees; it was tight and had the loose sleeves coming down a bit on her shoulders. He snapped out of his spell.
 
“Hi...” he started. He had no idea whether to call her ‘baby’ or ‘princess’. Only that gave him a mental block. Her eyes sparkled so brightly that he drowned in them. Her hair lay perfectly down her shoulders and her bangs were to the side. He couldn’t grasp that she could look this perfect, he had never seen her like this before. Hence the chock he had. “Come in,” he managed to say. “I just have to do one more thing before we can go,” he said smiling.
 
“Oki!” she replied happily. Donghae smiled again and walked to the living room. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk glanced at him curiously.
 
“What?” they asked in unison.
 
“My room after you’ve seen Kayla,” Donghae whispered and rushed to his room. The two boys gave each other a look before they headed to the hallway where Kayla stood, waiting for her boyfriend to come back. Their eyes widened at the sight.
 
“Damn...” Eunhyuk breathed and pulled Kyuhyun with him to Donghae’s room. Donghae was picking out a perfume that he had forgotten to put on. “You are so damn lucky.” Eunhyuk startled a slightly nervous Donghae.
 
“Aha...” he shortly replied and put on his fragrance. He took a deep breath. “Forget what I said. I think I need your help.”
 
“Yeah... You’re sweating already,” Kyuhyun pointed out. As if Donghae wasn’t nervous enough he now began to frantically check himself so that everything would be perfect or at least as close to perfect as it could be. Eunhyuk went out of the room while Kyuhyun tried to calm his friend down. “Donghae!” He slapped the other lightly. “Stop it. You’re acting like you’re going on your first date. I’m happy I didn’t see you prepare for that one by the way but you have to keep it together! So what if she’s hot-”
 
“Kyuhyun, it’s like she’s ordering me to get and my body is ing obeying!” Donghae hissed angrily at his friend. Kyuhyun took a step back and lowered his glance slightly. “I’m not hard!” Donghae immediately exclaimed.
 
“Okay fine... But calm down now. We’ll help you,” Kyuhyun assured him. He patted his shoulder as Donghae took a few deep breaths that calmed him down. The door opened and Eunhyuk came back with the device that he apparently had taken from one of the concerts in case things like this would come up and it would be needed. They quickly fixed it, tested if it worked and then the two guys pushed Donghae out of his room. Donghae, who still had the chock in his body, slowly walked up to the smiling girl.
 
“Hey,” she greeted happily. “Do you have it all now?” she asked, letting out a cute giggle. Donghae chuckled and checked his pockets. Wallet, phone, keys...
 
“Yep, it’s all in my pockets,” he answered, smiling widely.
 
“Great. And you’re incredibly handsome by the way.” Kayla blushed a little. When he saw her innocence in the blush all of Donghae’s nerves disappeared. His lips formed a shyer smile and he closed the distance between them to sweetly kiss the girl’s soft lips. It was perfect because the couple were about the same height now that Kayla was wearing a small heeled shoe. She effortlessly kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist. After a few more kisses they parted. Both of them smiled the happiest smiles ever, sharing the happiness that made their hearts skip beats now and then. Donghae took the girl’s hand tightly in his and they walked out to his car to drive to a small yet cosy restaurant with delicious food. They found a table and sat down across from each other.
 
“You are shining like a diamond my princess,” the prince complimented as the dim light made the girl’s hair glimmer. She blushed once again.
 
“Thank you my prince. I’ve tried my hardest,” she replied.
 
“Thing is... You don’t really need to try.” The prince bit his lip cutely as he watched his princess hide shyly behind the menu. “What do you want to eat?” he asked, bringing up the menu and placing it on the table.
 
“It doesn’t matter,” she responded. He looked up and noticed that she was eying him. She wasn’t exactly staring at him but her eyes sure were fixed on him. He tried to follow her eyes but when she noticed that he had seen her, she quickly looked back down in the menu, red as a tomato. Suddenly Donghae noticed two other figures approaching their table. He recognised them easily and began to panic. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun were wearing disguises but Donghae knew that Kayla had spent too much time with them to not spot them.
 
“Kayla,” he called out to make the girl look at him, she did. “I just wanted to say that...” He trailed for words while he waited for the two figures to sit down. They sat down at the table next to their own but with Eunhyuk’s hooded back to Kayla’s back. Thinking they were safe Donghae cleared his throat. “I just wanted to say that they make very good desserts here so we can eat that too if you’d like,” Donghae said.
 
“Oh, yeah I’d love that,” the girl replied. She felt a small dagger in her heart. She had thought he was going to say something else than that. Not willing to show her slight disappointment she just smiled at Donghae. They ordered food and chatted for a while. Out of the blue Donghae heard a whisper in his ear. The chock made him jump a little but he was fast enough to get back to his normal self so the girl didn’t notice his strange behaviour.
 
“Tell her you think she looks very y,” the whisper said. Donghae knew the voice as belonging to Kyuhyun. As he was about to open his mouth to obey the command he heard another whisper.
 
“No, tell her that you’re happy and stuff then you say that she looks y,” the voice belonging to Eunhyuk corrected. Somewhat confused Donghae either way chose to obey Eunhyuk’s advice. 
 
“And take her hand!” the whisper came again. Donghae placed his arms on the table, crossing them to make it seem like any other move he’d do. Then he carefully moved one of his hands over the table and placed it over the girl’s left. He smiled at her while intertwining their fingers together, she smiled back.
 
“I’m very happy that I have you.” Donghae’s soft voice came out as a gentle, almost seducing, whisper.
 
“Me too...” Kayla replied. Donghae took her hand and brought it up to his lips, placing a kiss on it. Kayla bit her lower lip, preventing herself from becoming red again.
 
“Am I allowed to tell you that you look very y this evening?” Donghae kept his voice soft and smooth. Kayla looked away shyly, not wanting to get too lost in his eyes. She nodded.
 
“I guess you are,” she said. “You do too,” she added. Donghae still had her hand trapped in his and his lips were brushing over her skin.
 
“Wonder what will happen if you tell her that you’re happy in the development of your relationship?” Kyuhyun’s whisper was heard in his ear.
 
“That’s a good one!” Eunhyuk joined. “Tell her that!”
 
“I’m also very happy with where in our relationship we are right now,” Donghae said. “It’s comfortable and I like it,” he added. Kayla blinked but then pressed her lips together, feeling a little too stunned to speak.
 
“Good. Now tell her that you are ready to take it further and that if she’s too you can do that,” Kyuhyun continued to whisper. Donghae felt a little uneasy at that. He didn’t want to scare Kayla. Therefore he kept quiet, waiting for her to answer his last statement.
 
“Me too Donghae but...” The girl bit her lip, unsure of what she would say next.
 
“Tell me,” Donghae encouraged her, brushing his thumb over her fingers.
 
“I... I’m willing to take it a step further.” Kayla looked up nervously at Donghae. He tilted his head and smiled at her. Bingo, he couldn’t help himself from thinking.
 
“Hehehe, bingo,” the two guys who sat at the other table whispered. Their mission could now officially take its beginning.