Dinner & Couple rings

Sapphire Chaos

Kaylas POV

 

“Why won’t you let us help you?” Kyuhyun asked. I turned to the two boys that were following me. I gave him a meaning look, hoping that it would make him understand.

“It’s because of us you have the courage to do this!” Eunhyuk pointed out. I sighed. Crap. He was right about that one actually. I would never have had the courage to prepare this if it hadn’t been for them. Without knowing that Donghae would respond positively to this surprise I wouldn’t have done anything, in fear of ruining something.

“Can I bring Minnie or someone else with taste too?” I wondered. They gave me instant glares. I smiled innocently to persuade them.

“We can bring Heechul hyung,” Kyuhyun said through gritted teeth. I pouted. But then I remembered that Heechul always would hang out with Hannie at this time a day.

“Okay!” I exclaimed happily and dialled Heechul’s number. He picked up right away.

“Hello Kayla,” he answered. “What’s up?”

“Hi oppa, I was wondering if you could come with me and KyuHyuk- OW!” I shrieked when Kyuhyun forcefully hit my arm.

“We’re not a couple!” he yelled. I stuck out my tongue at him and returned to the conversation with Heechul. Heechul on the other end was dying of laughter. It made me giggle a little too but I stopped when I saw the look Kyuhyun gave me.

“Sorry,” I mumbled then hushed Heechul. “Oppa, come and meet us at the shopping centre okay?” I said to Heechul who agreed and then hung up. I turned to Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun. “He’s coming in a bit,” I informed them. Both of them nodded. Oh no, an awkward silence was going to break out. I hated those. Especially when it’s these two… I played with my hair, pretending to fix it. The men in front of me at the same time brought up their phones. I stared at them in chock. “Yah!” I yelled at them. They ignored me completely. I crossed my arms, pouting. If only I could have my prince here with me right now. I knew he was really busy but still. Okay, I shouldn’t complain. Donghae was the best boyfriend ever. He would always spend every second that he was free with me or text me. Once he had texted me while being at a photo shoot. He asked me to come, so I went to the location to discover that they were shooting for a new album; Hero. Problem was that every single one of the members looked very hot in that photo shoot and I had only been together with Donghae for about two weeks! I had only met Eunhyuk and Leeteuk at that point but it suddenly changed. A nearly Siwon was the first thing I spotted. Then a super handsome Yesung walked passed me. Thankfully, when I was standing there all confused and very embarrassed, Donghae wrapped his arms around me, placing a kiss on my cheek. I had jumped out of surprise but was so happy to see him that I didn’t think about the other members that had slowly started to notice me. And that’s how I got to know Super Junior’s members, most of them at least. Henry and Zhoumi weren’t there at the time since they are a part of Super Junior M and Hannie I remember being in China. He’s actually going to do a debut there instead because of some conflicts with their company. Nothing to worry about though, he said he’s going to visit from time to time. I was really happy for him to be honest. I’d miss him of course but it was for the best I think. As long as he was happy, right? I smiled to myself. I was really happy in my life now. I felt as though I had succeeded somehow. I had the most amazing boyfriend and so many lovely friends. What more could a girl ask for? Only thing that bothered me was that Donghae and I had to keep it a secret that we were together. Not even my friends knew that I was dating Donghae. My family knew but they didn’t believe me at first. It had been crazy telling them. My dad wasn’t too approving to it. He thought that idols like Donghae don’t have actual girlfriends that they only have almost like housewives? I don’t know what he meant. It’s sad because the country I come from is a bit too far away from Korea to be able to visit regularly so Donghae hasn’t officially met my parents yet. I haven’t met them in a while either. I knew moving to Korea would mean that. The thing is that I loved Korea even before moving here, it was a dream to move here, a dream that came true. It surprisingly enough wasn’t K-pop that got me interested in Korea, rather the culture, food, language. I hadn’t even heard the name Super Junior until Donghae told me he was a part of them. However, that’s a story for another time. Now I have to focus on my task! My little plan will, hopefully, open a new chapter in my life. I hoped so.

“Kayla, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun!” a voice behind me screamed. I turned around in panic. How could Heechul scream out our names like that?! In a public place?!

“Idiot,” Hankyung whispered in Heechul’s ear and dragged him to us. “You can’t reveal all of our identities like that,” he scolded Heechul. Hankyung was that only one that could scold Heechul and maintain his life. Heechul rolled his eyes and turned to us.

“So what are we doing here?” he questioned, mostly looking at me. “Why did you call?”

“Well…” I started, blushing shyly. Hankyung and Heechul changed their expressions to curious ones. “I’m buying couple rings for me and Hae and I need help to pick out one that he’ll like,” I mumbled. Hankyung was the first one to react; he hugged me tightly while cooing happily in my ear.

“I’m so happy for you,” he cooed and pinched my cheek. “You’re so adorable and of course we’ll help you,” he added nodding in the other’s directions. Heechul smiled at me.

“Of course we’ll help. I’m happy for you too little sis,” he said. I smiled thankfully to him. It always warmed my heart hearing Heechul call me his little sister. He isn’t a man that shows much affection from what I’ve learnt. But he, as everyone, has his moments.

“What are we waiting for?” Kyuhyun complained out of nowhere. “Let’s go!” he demanded and pulled my arm to push me in front of him to one of the jewellery stores. My eyes opened wide at the sight of all the shelves with beautiful pieces of jewellery. There were all kinds of types, shapes and colours. How was I supposed to find two rings in all of this? My answer didn’t come sent from above but simply from Hankyung’s mouth.

“Here Kayla!” he shouted, waving me over to him. “They have a shelf with couple rings,” he said with a wide grin on his face. I reached his side and was amazed by the endless amounts of rings that lay neatly on the shelves. I started searching for the perfect rings.

“I suggest you give him something manly,” Eunhyuk said beside me.

“Yep, he hates when people question his manliness,” Kyuhyun joined in. I nodded slowly. I knew that too. Donghae was a very cute boy, he truly was. However, he never ever forgot to show his handsome and well manly side, the side that was sincere, grown up. I admired that side. Perhaps, because I am five years younger than him and he has been through awful things that I never experienced, luckily. I sighed. There wasn’t a single ring that could capture what I wanted.

“What about that one?” Hankyung said, pointing at a ring. I turned my head to where his finger pointed. I gasped. It was a very beautiful ring, simple but charming. I loved it! And next to it lay an identical ring. It was perfect!

“That’s the one!” I told the guys excitedly. I ran to one of the workers who got the rings out for me. I bought them and bowed to the woman before walking out to the others. “Thanks guys,” I smiled at them.

“We didn’t do anything.” Heechul chuckled.

“Maybe not but thanks anyway!” I winked at them. “So… Now…could you help me with another thing?” I asked hesitantly. All four of them nodded.

“It depends on what it is,” Kyuhyun said. “If it’s the dinner you’re planning on-” I cut him off in chock.

“HOW DID YOU KNOW?!” I shouted at him accusingly. He pointed to his evil colleague. I turned to Eunhyuk who glared at Kyuhyun before he smirked at me.

“You shouldn’t keep your diary under your clown fish,” he said, winking at me. I lost my mind. CRAP! They had found my diary!! I rushed after Eunhyuk when he tried to escape from me by running away. Heechul and Hankyung laughed as I grabbed both Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun by their ears, angrily yelling at them. After a while I got my well deserved apology and we could head back to my house. Well there I first of all made sure to hide my diary some place better than behind a pillow and then I gave each of them instructions on what to do. I sent Heechul, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk shopping for flowers, candles and some other things while Hankyung and I began the cooking. I made the dessert, Hankyung the main dish. On the way home I had checked with Donghae if he was free later in the evening. He was, so I told him to come around half past seven for dinner. He agreed eagerly. Yes, I could see his excitement in a text message. He’s that easy to read.

“We’re back,” Heechul announced when they got through the door. I quickly washed my hands to go meet them. I smiled when they took up all the things they had bought. Clapping my hands in eagerness, I began telling them where to put what. After a while the whole house had petals, candles everywhere and smelled amazing. Hankyung put the rice on for it to cook. Everything but me was perfect now.

“Can you just stay and guard everything when I go change quickly?” I asked Hannie. He nodded and I ran up the stairs to get changed. I fixed my hair, makeup and then went to pick out a dress. “Hm… What to wear?” I asked myself, wrinkling my nose in wonder.

“You shouldn’t wear a dress.” I jumped at the voice behind me. Heechul had come in out all of the sudden. He smiled at me. I smiled back weakly.

“Why?”

“He has a thing for girls in dresses. Your man that is,” Heechul informed. I chuckled.

“That made him sound like if he was weak to every girl in a dress,” I replied. Heechul chuckled too, reaching my side. He took out a loose light blue blouse and a pair of white jeans.

“Wear this. I promise, he’ll think you look stunning,” he assured me, handing over the clothes. I scanned the clothes for a second then nodded.

“Thanks oppa.” I kissed his cheek and went to change. When I came out from the bathroom Heechul had already left so I went downstairs. “How do I look?” I asked the four guys, seated by my kitchen table.

“Very nice,” Heechul and Hankyung complimented. KyuHyuk on the other hand seemed confused and slightly disappointed.

“No dress?” Eunhyuk questioned sincerely. I shook my head.

“Not this time,” I answered, winking at Heechul who grinned at me. After having checked  everything twice, I thanked my friends for helping me out so much. They told me it wasn’t anything to worry about and that they were happy to have helped. I bid them all goodbye by giving each a kiss on the cheek, a hug and a bow. When that was done, they went back to the dorms. I sat down to wait for Donghae to come. He should be here any minute, I thought. The clock showed five minutes to half. Donghae never left me waiting, I knew that.

When I was waiting, I thought about how we had met. Actually it isn’t anything special like that other than what it ended up becoming. I had arrived to Seoul a few months before I met Donghae. I searched for a job since I had come to Seoul during the spring semester. School started in the fall. I went to a café that looked nice. It didn’t take much for the boss to grow fond of me and give me a job as a waitress. I worked there for a couple of weeks, really liking the job a lot. One day the door opened and a customer walked in. He sat down by one of my assigned tables. He wore a cap, sunglasses and a hoodie. To me, he was a bit mysterious. I walked up to him and took his order. Then I went to get his order, which is when things starts happening. As I’m walking towards him with his coffee, I get pushed, causing the hot coffee to fall all over the poor man. I don’t even remember how many times I apologised to him. His smile that day… simply mesmerising. Our eyes met, sparks and we connected. When he had let me help him with his wet hoodie and I apologised again he told me that I could repay him by letting him buy me a coffee sometime or take me out to dinner. I blushed so much! How could I not agree to this lovely man? That’s how we started dating. Donghae was very open, happy and wonderful in every single way. He told me later on when he discovered that I had no idea who he was that he thought it was relieving. Because I didn’t know he was famous I therefore didn’t treat him as if he was either. It made our bond even stronger. On the second date we had dinner at his favourite place and after that we had our first kiss. I still recall that moment as if it was yesterday. Haha, I make it sound like Donghae and I have been a couple for ages when we’ve actually only have been a couple for a few months. Donghae also said that he liked the age difference between us. He explained to me that since he was older he didn’t have to prove as much to me. He felt like the girls his age demanded so much. He thought that I was perfect the way I am. And he told me very often that I didn’t have to feel the need to prove anything to him either. He loved that I was ‘normal’ yet special in my own way. I really loved him… I let out a dreamy sigh. Snapping me out of my thoughts the door bell rang frantically. I jumped up to run to the door. Outside of it stood the most handsome man of all time, smiling his brightest smile only for me. I dragged him in to wrap my arms around him neck and give him a soft, passionate kiss. He responded by wrapping his strong yet gently arms around my waist to pull me closer to him.

“Hi my princess,” he greeted me. “I’ve missed you so much,” he continued, pouting. I giggled and pecked his lips again.

“I’ve missed you too my prince. Welcome to my confession dinner,” I replied.