Happy hiking!

Sapphire Chaos

Author’s POV

“Hae? Princey? Time to wake up,” cooed a voice near his ear. Upon opening his eyes, Donghae was welcomed with a tray of delicious food and his princess holding it. She smiled widely when she saw that he was awake and sat down on the bed next to him. “Happy birthday again my prince,” she said. Donghae sat up. His hair stood in all kinds of directions and his eyes were still a bit slow because they needed to adapt to the light in the room.

“Thank you darling,” he replied, ruffling his hair and smiling. “What’s this? I thought it was enough with the celebration last night?” He chuckled.

The night before had indeed been something out of the ordinary. They’d first had a nice dinner, all of them, and then they had gone to look at their surroundings. It had been a lovely evening and by eleven or so, they all decided to head towards the small houses, since the guys were tired after their long day consisting of two flights. Kayla and Donghae had gone back to their own house and sat there, talking and just enjoying each other’s presence. Then all of a sudden, one or two minutes before midnight, there had been a knock on the door. Kayla who only was about to take off her accessories, told Donghae to go open. Not finding the suspiciousness in the situation, Donghae had bluntly gone to open and to his surprise was attacked by all the rest of the members. In one go they had picked up the rather unwilling Donghae and brought him out to the pool area. There, they threw him in while yelling happy birthday. Luckily, the pool had been warmed up on beforehand since it was October, after all. Kayla ran after, laughing and stood by the pool just like the others. However, when Donghae’s head appeared above the surface, he’d pointed towards her, asking if she knew about it. Upon nodding, Kayla then felt something push her too and she fell into the water next to her boyfriend. Then most of the other members had joined since Heechul, Kyuhyun, Kangin and Eunhyuk thought that was appropriate. Eventually, those four also fell in. After that little unpleasant happening but also of course hysterically fun happening, each of them had returned to their own houses, starting Donghae’s birthday in a way he’d hardly forget any time soon.

Kayla giggled. “Nah, I wanted to give this to you also,” she said, placing the tray on his thighs. “And, I have a small present for you.” She handed him a wrapped box. Donghae smiled and opened it, feeling the excitement build up. His eyes got wide upon seeing the necklace.

“Wow,” he breathed. “I love it! Thank you my love,” he exclaimed, pulling Kayla down by her neck and giving her a passionate kiss. She blushed a little when they parted.

“It’s nothing.”

“Of course it is. It’s a gift from you which would’ve been amazing even if it had been coal,” Donghae protested.

“God you’re cheesy,” Kayla scoffed then chuckled. Donghae grinned.

“Help?” Kayla nodded and helped him put the necklace around his neck. “Thanks. I really love it.”

“I’m glad,” she responded. “You’re worth it. But hey, you should eat now. We’ll leave in about...” she paused to check her watch, “40 minutes. Then you’ll need to wear...” she began, making yet another dramatic pause to bring out some clothes. It was pure wilderness clothing. Donghae almost choke on his coffee when he saw them. “...these!” Kayla finished, smiling widely.

“Um, where are we going my princess?” Donghae wondered, still staring at the peculiar outfit.

“We’re going on a hike!”

“Oh, that explains it,” Donghae mumbled. “Are the rest of the guys coming?” he asked. Kayla nodded.

“Yep! We’re going to make this unforgettable! I mean, your birthday.” She saw his worried expression and giggled. “I promise, it’ll be fun,” she said, giving him a quick peck. “Now eat and get ready! We’re going in 37 minutes,” she instructed and winked to him before walking out of their house. Leeteuk was already struggling with the members.

“I’m not going up on a mountain when we’re on vacation!” Heechul protested widely, flaying his arms all around himself. “There will be bugs and mosquitoes!”

“Hardly, it’s too cold for that. It’s October,” Yesung told Heechul who glared at him.

“Exactly!” Heechul exclaimed. “Then it’s too cold for me too!”

“Where are you going to be then? You can’t hang out around the pool, too cold for that too,” Shindong pointed out. Heechul groaned.

“Fine. But I want a visit to the spa after this!” he established.

“You’ll get that Heechul.” Kayla smiled and patted his shoulder. “Is everyone here? Except Hae of course. But he’ll be here soon.”

“Yes, we’re just waiting for the birthday boy,” Leeteuk said. “Oh there he is!” he announced, nodding towards Donghae who’d just stepped out. He wore the clothes that Kayla had given him and, surprisingly enough, like them.

“Is everyone waiting for me?” Donghae asked.

“Yep! And now you’re here! So we can go!” Kayla shouted, a bit too cheerfully for anyone but Donghae’s liking. She skipped ahead of the group, also being in charge of the map. All twelve of them headed up towards the mountain and after an hour they had came, according to Kayla, half way up. “Come on slackers! Aren’t you supposed to have muscles, abs and stuff?! And work out a lot?!”

“Oh shut up!” Kyuhyun panted. “Just because you don’t have a backpack!” By his words, Kayla stopped and walked down to meet him. She took the backpack and then continued up at the same speed again, leaving Kyuhyun to stare after her.

“You were saying?” Donghae teased, passing Kyuhyun to be second after Kayla. Kyuhyun made an annoyed grimace before he picked up his normal speed again. The rest of the boys weren’t far behind but Kayla had more than enough time to look at the map, even though the only road really was up. “Are we going in the correct direction my love?” Donghae asked, wrapping an arm around Kayla’s waist and kissing her cheek.

“Yes, we are! It shouldn’t be too far now... Maybe another hour and a half?”

“An hour and a half?!” Five of the guys from further down shouted. Kayla and Donghae turned around.

“Yeah. Unless you pick up your pace,” Kayla said, sticking out her tongue. She folded the map again. “Well, let’s continue then!” She winked at Donghae. He chuckled and followed after her.

“I think she’s trying to kill us,” Eunhyuk panted.

“I agree,” Heechul, Kangin and Kyuhyun said.

“I also agree,” Ryeowook admitted. “I’m not fit for this at all.”

“Neither are we,” Heechul said. “God, why is Kayla doing this to us and why is Donghae liking it?!” He groaned again.

“I hate this, I hate nature,” Kyuhyun whined.

“How far is it left?” Kangin asked.

“How long is it since she said it was an hour left?” Eunhyuk wondered. Heechul brought up his phone and groaned loudly.

“It’s gone ten minutes!” he exclaimed.

“WHAT? AWW!” the others shouted. Heechul nodded and all lowered their heads in disappointment. Meanwhile, Kayla smirked mischievously. She could already see the summit a few more metres up. He he he, this is so much fun, she thought to herself. Donghae and Sungmin were the only ones to really keep up with her and then Leeteuk and Yesung and then the rest. She and the two most hardworking reached the summit within ten more minutes.

“We’re here!” Kayla shouted down the hill. “Isn’t it beautiful?” She looked at Donghae, waiting for a reaction.

“It’s beautiful...” Donghae replied and then looked at her. “Though, nothing can compare to your beauty. But yeah, I do think it’s stunning.” He winked. Kayla playfully hit his arm.

“Finally!! Victory!!” Eunhyuk screamed when all of them had reached the top.

“Congrats,” Kayla said, grinning at Eunhyuk.

“Shut it,” he muttered.

“Don’t say that to her,” Donghae warned, pulling Kayla close to him. “She wanted to do this for me and I’m happy for it!” He kissed Kayla and smiled. The view was amazing from where they stood. You could see the ocean perfectly and the whole island’s forest and beautiful nature.

“Shall we eat now then?” Kayla asked and took off her backpack. “I’ve packed lots of cupcakes and sandwiches and soda and soju!”

“You brought soju?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

“Yep. I figured I’d use that as motive for you but I think it went quite well anyway,” Kayla said, grinning. A few of them laughed while some didn’t look too amused. Eventually they’d all settled down on the summit and were enjoying some well-deserved lunch. After eating, Donghae placed the backpack under his head and lay down. “Are you tired my prince?” He felt a cold little hand caress his cheek.

“You’re cold,” he stated, taking Kayla’s hand and held it to his cheek.

“Not so much. I have really bad blood circulation that’s all,” Kayla answered and lay down next to him.

“Hm, that won’t do,” Donghae said, opening his jacket. He turned to the side and wrapped Kayla into his warm embrace. “Better?” he asked.

“Mm, thanks.” Kayla snuggled into his chest and immediately felt a lot warmer. Donghae buried his face in her hair, inhaling the raspberry balsam that he loved.

“Is this when we leave them alone?” Sungmin wondered, glancing at the couple. Leeteuk chuckled and nodded his head.

“Yeah, let’s go,” he ordered. Within five minutes the summit was clear from all the boys and only Kayla and Donghae were left on it.

“Anyone who wants to play truth or dare or something like that?” Heechul asked as they were walking down the mountain.

“Sure,” Kyuhyun replied. “I’ll start. Ryeowook! Truth or dare?” Ryeowook glanced at him in disbelief.

“I’m not playing that,” he said.

“Okay, be boring then,” Kyuhyun replied. “Um... Yesung! Truth or dare?” The older sighed.

“Truth,” he answered. He didn’t originally want to play but what else was there to do? Kyuhyun hummed while thinking long and hard on what to ask him. He snapped his fingers upon knowing.

“Who would you rather do; Eunhyuk or Siwon?” Kyuhyun asked, bursting out in laughter together with Heechul and Kangin who were the ones closest. Siwon stopped in his tracks, thinking he’d heard his own name.

“What is it about me?” he wondered. Yesung made an uncomfortable grimace.

“Siwon. He wouldn’t talk about it ever again,” Yesung concluded and chuckled a little too. “Eunhyuk, truth or dare?” Eunhyuk smirked.

“I’ll be daring so dare,” he confidently said. To which, Yesung also smirked.

“Great. Here’s your dare: make out with a tree.” Eunhyuk’s calm expression changed into panicked and disgust. The members laughed loudly, almost having to stop. Bitterly, Eunhyuk walked up to the nearest tree, stared at it and walked to another. Like that he proceeded until he found a tree that was clean enough. He swallowed hard and leaned forward, giving the tree a peck.

“Oh god gross!” he yelled, spitting and waving his arms in the air. By this rate the other members had all sat down on the ground, unable to stand up due to laughter. Eunhyuk spat in every direction, probably exaggerating lots but what did he care? He was a showman no matter what, anywhere and everywhere.

“Dear goodness that was so much fun,” Heechul dried his tears and shipped after new air. “Your turn monkey,” he continued.

“Yeah. Leeteuk hyung!”

“Don’t drag me into that,” the answer came from the leader, causing Eunhyuk to roll his eyes.

“Kangin, truth or dare?”

“Truth,” this one replied.

“Who’s got the finest out of us all?”

“That’d be me of course,” Kangin simply said. “I mean I’m perfect in every way.” By that statement he received a hit on the head from Heechul.

“Idiot,” Heechul muttered to him, “Everyone here knows that I’m the only perfect one on this freaking planet. So don’t even attempt to lie about that one.” Kangin snorted.

“If you’re so perfect then how come you’re not super duper popular around the ladies as I am then?” Heechul scoffed.

“ please. I am well-known around the ladies. And only reason I don’t have a girlfriend is because of two things: company and fans. However, I respect anyone who’s got a girlfriend, like Donghae, in this insane world. But I’d not choose it myself, and that’s why I’m popular but it isn’t up in your face. Although you should know that I am perfect.” Heechul bobbed his head upwards in the air.

“If any of that bull is true then I’m the king of Spain,” Kyuhyun said, running off on instinct when Heechul set out to get him. They ran all the way down to the hotel area and thankfully for Kyuhyun, he managed to get into his house before Heechul could bury his claws in his back. The other members arrived a little later, and since they rarely got both free time and privacy to do whatever they wanted and felt like, each member found their personal thing to keep themselves busy with. This involved three of them just going to sleep while others read, cooked, listened to music, talked or, why not, played video games.

It wasn’t until it had darkened outside, that the couple returned from the mountain. They had both been very suspicious about being alone on the top, not to mention actually believing they weren’t even being spied on. The couple walked down to the houses and saw that one of them was lit. Thinking that the members must’ve gathered there, they knocked on the door. It was Leeteuk and Siwon’s house. Sungmin opened the door and like they’d thought, the rest of the members were there also.

“Hey, where have you been?” Sungmin asked.

“We’ve been cuddling on the mountain. And we kind of fell asleep,” Donghae replied. “You can go in princess, while I go leave our bags in our house,” he told Kayla. She nodded and he gave her a kiss on the cheek before walking out again. Kayla followed Sungmin into the little living room-like part of the house, where the members sat on both chairs, couches and some on the floor.

“Hi guys,” Kayla greeted, sitting herself down on the floor. They had started a small fire in the chimney so it was warm and cosy.

“Hello,” most of the members answered.

“Kayla, are you ready for that date tonight?” Siwon asked. Kayla nodded.

“What are you planning?” Yesung asked.

“It’s a secret.” Kayla grinned. Yesung rose a brow and looked at her suspiciously. “It’s nothing like that!” Kayla exclaimed, hitting his arm. “Stop being erted.”

“Who’s being erted?” Kayla looked at Kyuhyun, not being surprised that he’d heard their conversation. He always had a very good ear for those matters, but nothing else as it seemed.

“You are,” Kayla replied. Kyuhyun glared at her and returned to his and Ryeowook’s chess play. “Siwon, could you keep Hae here until I’m ready? And get him ready as well.”

“Of course.”                                                                                                   

“Wait, Siwon knows but not me?!” Yesung cried out. When Kayla only nodded in response, he went into sulking mode. Kayla giggled and stood up to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Siwon is the only one who knows,” she informed Yesung who rolled his eyes. Just then, the door opened and Donghae came inside the room. To Kayla’s surprise, he was already dressed in the outfit she’d selected. Great minds think alike, she thought. Donghae noticed that she eyed him and smiled. “You look handsome,” Kayla complimented as he sat down next to her.

“Thank you princess,” he said. Kayla scanned him from top to bottom discreetly, finding it really funny that he looked exactly like she’d wanted him to. His shirt had a few ed buttons, his hair was perfectly ruffled and his bracelets fitted very well. Also, he wore her favourite pair of blue jeans. She glanced at her watch and figured it was time for her to go get ready too. She gave a sign to Siwon and stood up. “Princess? Where are you going?” Donghae wondered. She giggled at his worried eyes. Did he think she would leave and never come back or something? She bent down and kissed him.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere alright?” she instructed him. She smiled at Siwon again who gave her thumbs up and then she headed back to Donghae’s and her house. She took a quick shower and went out to get dressed. Hm, should I have makeup? she asked herself. Maybe a little. She went to the bathroom and applied some mascara and foundation on the places where it felt needed. Once she felt ready there, Kayla put on some nice clothes that she’d picked out long ago. A wine-red sweater, black skinny jeans, light brown boots and a black hat was put on. Kayla stepped in front of the mirror and smiled. Feeling good with herself, she headed back to the guys’ house to get her prince. She knocked on the door and waited for it to open, fixing her hair a little and putting on her brightest smile.

“Here you go!” Heechul shouted, opening the door and pushing out a blindfolded Donghae, who did not look too happy.

“Thanks!” Kayla shouted back and grabbed Donghae’s arm, preventing him from losing his balance, which he was about to do. Donghae took a hold of her hand, looking nervous.

“Princess?”

“Yeah, I’m here. Just follow me. You trust me right?” Donghae smiled and nodded. Kayla took his hand and started leading him to the restaurant where she’d planned their dinner. A waiter showed them to their table which looked exactly like Kayla wanted it to, with a couch instead of chairs, candles, some red petals and a giant blanket. “Alright, keep your eyes shut.” Kayla stood behind Donghae and took off the blindfold, covering his eyes before he could see anything. “Happy birthday my prince!” she said, taking away her hands and back hugging him. Donghae smiled widely. He placed his hands on Kayla’s and pulled her in front of him so that he could hug her, burying his face in her neck.

“Thanks princess. I love you,” he whispered in her ear, letting shivers run down the girl’s spine and butterflies form in her stomach. Donghae let out a happy sigh, tightening his hug a little. I have to be the luckiest guy on the planet, he thought.


Yay! Another chapter finally! Just gotta tell you that Super Show 5 was BEYOND EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER IMAGINED!!! Donghae read the poster I had brought with me and he smiled at me! Then he included some of what it said on my poster in his speech! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT STILL!!! I cheered like a maniac and cried like on too xD

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter ^^ Love you all <333