What options do I have?

Sapphire Chaos

Donghae’s POV

“Donghae hyung, you’ve got a message from Ryeowook,” Siwon called from his makeup table when I walked inside the tent. I had just done a scene where I had to be the ultimate bad guy, so I felt a little stingy after acting like that.

“What is it?” I therefore asked. Siwon reached over to grab my phone and opened the message. He then put it down and shook his head. I frowned. “What?” He shrugged. Well, damn. “You can’t do that! You got me curious now!” I whined and grabbed the phone. There were three messages to be exact. One text message and then two pictures. I chose to look at the pictures first since I thought the text might cause me to never look at the pictures.

“It’s an apartment. Pretty, isn’t it?” Siwon said. I nodded my head slowly. Is Wookie buying an apartment? Sounds rather unlikely. I gave Siwon a questioning glance then sat down in the chair next to him. I reached for a glass of water when Siwon suddenly said, “I wouldn’t drink before I check what the text says...” I looked up at him. Why was he making me curious?

“Fine,” I replied, putting the glass back down and scrolled up with my other hand. I read the message quickly and got wide eyes. “SHE’S BUYING AN APARTMENT?” I shouted, flying up to my feet. “What? When? How?” Siwon shrugged.

“She needs to live somewhere, hyung. SM has thrown her out of our dorms, remember? And it’s better that she lives on her own than in MBLAQ’s dorms, don’t you think?” Siwon said. I didn’t answer. I just slumped down in the chair again, rubbing the back of my neck. I lay the phone on the table and went into a thinking mode, which meant looking out in space and biting my thumb. Even though I agreed with what Siwon had pointed out, it had caught me off guard. I didn’t even get to see the apartment as it seemed, and that was what hurt me the most. I knew we’d fought, but would Kayla just move to a random place without asking what I thought about the area or anything? Okay, the other members were there and they’d chosen apartment and probably location too, however, I didn’t know anything. Was it too much to ask that I knew about it beforehand? I was her boyfriend after all, wasn’t I? Maybe that’s the thing. Maybe we aren’t as close as we were before the fight... But one fight shouldn’t be able to wreck us?

“Should it?” I asked myself. “We’ve had one quarrel, big one. Is that enough? Really? Is our love so weak?”

“What script are you reciting from?” I suddenly heard a clear, female voice wonder. I turned around to see the makeup artist smile at me.

“Eh... Not a real one?” I answered stiffly. She chuckled at me and began to clean my makeup without another word. It was quiet for some time, at least around me – my head was a world of its own. “Have you ever had a boyfriend that you’ve only quarrelled with once and then it ended?” I inquired curiously. The girl – whose name for the record is Miyoung – made a small grimace. I instantly felt ashamed. “Sorry. I shouldn’t ask you such personal questions.”

“It’s all right...” she assured at once. “I’ve actually had one of those relationships. Everything’s perfectly fine at first and then it just happens; the one big fight that you can’t escape. And you realise that there’s no way out of it either... It was really heart breaking honestly.” I closed my eyes as she removed the hardly drawn eyeliner. “Why are you asking? Did something like that happen between you and Kayla?” The mentioning of her name was enough to throw me off. I swallowed hard.

“Yeah... We had a fight. It’s complicated but I was a bit... I was against,” I corrected myself, “that she would sign with the company she’s currently working. Mainly because SM wouldn’t like that she was with another company. And because it says in my contract that I can’t date, which I’ve already broken, especially someone from another company. SM sees them as competition. Kayla got mad at me when I told her to think about my career too, and so she signed the contract after we fought. I know she had a row with Heechul hyung as well afterwards. And I just found out that they, the members, have found her an apartment since SM threw her out of our dorm where she lived to get protection from our not-so-happy-about-this-fans. Anyway, I just feel a little hurt that I found out when I can’t be there and see the apartment myself...”

“I understand,” Miyoung said with a smile. “You want to assure yourself that it’s going to be a good place for her to live in and that she’ll be safe there. It’s perfectly understandable. But, like you said, the other members must know you’re thinking about that, hence I’m sure they’ll make check every aspect of it before suggesting that she buys it.” I nodded.

“That’s what I’m hoping,” I responded.

“You trust our members, right, hyung?” Siwon interjected. He’d been silent for some time now. I nodded slowly. “Good. Then you don’t have anything to worry about, correct?”

“I guess.”

“Great! Try to think about your character now, Donghae oppa. We can’t have you coming up with your own scripts all of a sudden.” Miyoung laughed. Eventually I and Siwon joined the laughter too. I got up from my seat, check my handsome appearance in the mirror – yes, even sweet guys like me are allowed to be vain sometimes – and then I skipped out of the tent, down to the set where everyone were ready to shoot the next scene. My co-actress waved her hand at me kindly. I walked up to her with a smile.

“Are you feeling well?” she wondered in a cute Korean accent.

“Yes. Much better,” I replied in the little Chinese I knew. She gave me thumbs up before she put on her poker face. I turned around, taking a deep breath and tried to embody the bad guy inside of me. Geez, why am I playing the bad guy anyways? I’m not bad anywhere, I thought. The director yelled something that I assumed ‘get ready’ or alike and I turned to the camera, wearing my ‘evil’ look and with a smirk on my face. “Ready...”

-

Kayla’s POV

“Okay, guys. This better be good!” I laughed as Heechul led me over the doorstep and inside the apartment. They had blindfolded me and I was utterly powerless. I squealed when I felt Heechul pull my shoulders, forcing me into a halt. I had no idea where in the apartment he had placed me, I just hoped it was somewhere where I could see almost everything.

“Are you ready?” Heechul asked. I felt how he put his hands on the ribbon and got it off. I opened my eyes slowly. At first the bright light dazzled me, but then I could see the beautiful apartment. I squealed on top of my lungs, jumping high up in the air a couple of times. The members chuckled at how cute I was acting.

“So you like it?” Sungmin wondered hopefully.

“Are you kidding? It’s wonderful!” I started going around the significantly small apartment; Heechul had truly placed me in the middle. I scrutinised every room, nook and space for a while. I loved it, but there was one small problem with it. “It’s too small...” I stated. The members frowned.

“Small?” Heechul questioned. “What are you talking about? It’s perfect for one person to live in. It’s at a good cost and the best location.” I gave him an apologetic smile.

“Yes. It’s perfect. But it’s not enough for me. I need a bigger place,” I told them. They all exchanged glances with one another and then Leeteuk spoke.

“All right. We actually have another apartment that we planned on showing you. It’s a lot bigger than this one. They recommended that at least two-”

“Perfect! Show it to me,” I cut him off. We made our way out to the cars and drove off to the next location. Heechul sulked in the back for the rest of the drive, but I knew he’d cheer up eventually. Leeteuk parked the car and we walked up to the flat; I taking the lead. I opened the door to feel the airiness of the room, see the brightness of it and frankly, feel at home in an instant. I gushed inside and looked around, squealing and cheering. It was everything that I’d dreamed of. A lot bigger than the previous apartment, but with the same feel that I loved.

“Seems like you love this one even more,” Ryeowook commentated as I ran passed them into the bedroom. It was big enough to fit a double bed, two small night tables and even a closet if one wanted. There was a balcony that had a view over the Gangnam district and the Han River. I squeaked.

“I can see Starhaus Entertainment from here! That’s so cool!” I shouted to the members who all joined me.

“Wow, this view is extraordinary,” Hongki admitted.

“Yeah. But Kayla, there’s a problem with this apartment,” Leeteuk said, turning to me. “It’s way too expensive for you to buy on your own. Even to rent it’s too expensive.”

“Don’t worry about that. I have money stored in my bank account in Oxford. It’s going to solve itself,” I told Leeteuk. I was lying of course. There was no way I could buy this on my own, but I had a potential plan in mind that could fix that issue for me. I went inside again and talked to the broker. I told him I wanted to buy it but told him that I would need some time to fix the money. He said it was perfectly okay as long as I got him the money at the end of the month. Yes, I thought, then I’ll have the money from the movie as well. I bowed to him and he went to get the contract right away.

“Are you sure about this?” Heechul questioned. He showed a clear sense of worry in his face.

“I’m sure. One hundred percent certain.” He opened his mouth as to protest, but I beat him to it. “Don’t, Heechul... Please. I know what I’m doing. Just trust me this once and you’ll see how happy I’ll be later, okay?” He sighed, which meant that I had won for now.

“Miss? The contract,” the broker said, holding out the papers to me. I took them and looked through each one swiftly. There didn’t seem to be any issues about the contract so I grabbed the pencil and lay down on the floor. I could feel the intense stares from the members as I began to sign all the places the broker had underlined. The simultaneous gasp after air was what broke the silence when I signed the last page. The apartment was officially mine. The broker thanked me and gave me the keys before leaving me and the members – plus Hongki – alone. My eyes were fixed on the keys in my hand. A joy, close to a euphoric state, washed over me. I had my very own apartment. Slowly although steadily, a broad smile formed on my face and I broke out of loud screams of happiness. The members, now fully aware of how excited I was, joined me and we all jumped around in the living room.

“Come on! We have to tell the rest of the members and then I want to buy you all a treat! Even you Hongki oppa.” He cheered and gave me a tight hug.

“Can I bring my members too?” he asked.

I nodded ferociously. “Yes! I’m going to have a party! That’s decided now. Tomorrow though. When I’ve moved in and everything is done. For now, it’s just going to be a glass of champagne and all around feeling awesome!” I told them. “Let’s go!” One by one they were pushed out of the apartment and I locked the door behind me, giving my new sanctuary a quick glance first. I couldn’t believe I had bought my very first apartment in Seoul. This one no one could take away from me. Although I’d had the other place to live at when I first came here, nothing could compare the feeling between owning and renting an apartment. I could do whatever I pleased, decorate however I wanted and tear down a wall if I wanted to. It was the best feeling in the world, and the only thing that would do it better was if the person I missed so much had been there to enjoy this moment with me. But for now, I had to settle with the members and that worked out fine as well.

“Kayla? I don’t want to ruin your mode or anything, but if you’re having a party tomorrow and you haven’t moved in yet... don’t you think we ought to start packing and things like that first?” Leeteuk suggested.

“Hm, yeah. That’s a good point you’re making. Besides, I need to get up in the morning because we’re filming the last these two upcoming days. A party isn’t the most important right now. You’re always so smart, Teukkie!” I giggled. We walked into the dorms and followed Leeteuk’s advice; meaning we began to long process of packing. Sungmin and I cleared out my wardrobe while Heechul sorted out all my other sentimental possessions and the rest – even KyuHyuk – sorted out the furniture that stood in the basement, picking out what was coming along and what would need to be bought. Halfway into the packing of my clothing, Sungmin held up one of Donghae’s hoodies that I’d accidently taken a long time ago.

“Eh, isn’t this Hae’s?” he wondered. I turned my head and nodded.

“Yeah, it is. I’ve always loved wearing it...” I said, going back to twelve boxes of clothes. Every single one of them had to be marked with labels, and that took time. Sungmin sighed.

“Can’t you guys make up?”

“It’s not that easy, Minnie. I think it’s better if we have some time away from each other until my movie is done and all the drama has gone down.” Sungmin mouth twitched a little, because obviously he didn’t like the thought of Donghae and me not talking for so long.

“I thought the drama had gone down?” Eunhyuk cut in. He placed a box next to me. “It’s all your things from the bedroom, basically,” he explained to me.

“Thanks. And well, most of it is gone but not all of it. I want it all to be gone before I try to mend anything with Hae. In case I get caught off guard with a leak in worst case scenario.”

“What makes you think it’ll calm down after the movie is done filming? This could continue all the way to the premier,” Kyuhyun, who had just come inside the room, remarked. “Aren’t you going with Lee Joon then?” I shook my head.

“I was hoping that Hae could go with me,” I replied. Kyuhyun let out a small ‘ah’ before moving on to his tasks. “Don’t you think he’d go with me?” I asked, glancing at Sungmin.

“Of course he will. He’s super proud of you for being in that movie and for having the contract with Starhaus. Don’t think differently about that, Kayla. He loves you too much to just let something like this come in between you. I know that. Once he comes back from Taiwan everything will go back to normal again. I promise you that,” Sungmin declared. He gave me a kiss on my head and then picked up one of the boxes, placing it by the door where it already stood about ten boxes filled to the brim with stuff. I smiled after him.

“No, Minnie. Everything will not go back to normal. It’s going to get better, much better, than that,” I mumbled quietly. Ahead I had some big plans and right now, I was praying it would all work out for the best. So that not only I, but all of us, could enjoy the future to the absolute maximum.


Hey guys! I had a lovely day today so I managed to write a chapter! My back is doing well for the moment being, hence why I could give you this. I really hope you like it, and that it gives you some clues about what the last two chapters are going to be about~

What do you think is going to happen? Is Kayla planning something, you think? In that case what could that be? Give me your suggestions!

The last chapter will be up on the 24th of June! Stay tuned for the end! Thank you once again for reading. It means so much to me. Welcome new subbies too~ Don't forget to comment and upvote if you love it! I know commentating isn't your thing, but trust me, it truly helps me get better so please DO IT! Haha. Anyways, see you again soon~ Love you all!