I'm not giving up

Sapphire Chaos

Kayla’s POV

“Hae?” I opened the door to the bedroom where Donghae was sitting on the floor, packing his suitcase. The boys had unexpectedly been appointed to a fan meeting and a smaller concert in Beijing before they went for their tour in less than two months. They had pushed the date forward again, which I didn’t know if it upset me or not.

“Mm?” Donghae said, laying down another shirt. I bit my lips, maybe this wasn’t the time to tell him that I had auditioned for a drama. Donghae looked over the suitcase. “What is it baby?” he asked, not taking his eyes off the suitcase.

“I’ve auditioned for a drama...” I’d hoped that he would be focused enough on the suitcase to not actually hear me, but apparently he did. He turned his head to me, staring at me with wide eyes.

“Really? When?” I shrugged.

“Um, four days ago...” He rose a eyebrow.

“And you didn’t tell me? Why?” he wondered, standing up. I shrugged again.

“You’ve had a lot on your mind so I didn’t want to bother you. Besides I haven’t gotten any reply from them yet so nothing really to tell, just wanted you to know.” As I spoke Donghae had approached me and soon I found myself in his embrace. He moved me to the side, closing the door and trapped me to the wall.

“No matter how busy I am,” he said, tilting his head and looking at me with his sparkling eyes. I swear if I wasn’t used to the way his eyes pierced me then I wouldn’t hear a single word he said. “I always want to know what you’re doing, especially if it’s something like auditioning!” He had a ridiculously large smile on his face.

“Well, I thought that since they hadn’t called me back or sent me a letter then I probably got cut.” Donghae’s smile faded a tiny bit.

“Then that drama will ,” he said. I laughed. God, this cheesy prince really knew what to say in order to cheer me up.

“Thanks. But anyway, are you done packing?” I asked, nodding towards the bag.

“Hm...” he murmured. “It can wait.” Leaving no time for me to prepare myself, he kissed me. Our lips moved in perfect sync with each other, making both me and Donghae find it easy to keep going without having to take ‘breathing-breaks’. I loved the way he’d never press himself against my body, and held my hands in his instead of having them on my body. His hair tickled my nose, causing me to giggle which then led to Donghae breaking the kiss. He chuckled and pecked my lips. “I need to keep packing now... We’re leaving in two hours.” I could see how much it hurt for him to say that so I leaned in to give him another peck.

“I’ll be fine,” I assured him.

“I know that, but I’ll miss you. That’s why I won’t be fine.” He winked then went back to sit down on the floor, arranging his clothes. “You’ll have to call me when you get to hear anything, about the audition. Even if it is getting cut, I wanna know.”

“Promise.” I peeked over his shoulder, searching for a special shirt. When I didn’t find it anywhere in sight, I walked over to the closet and pulled it out. “Here, take this one.” I handed him the shirt and Donghae scanned it.

“Oh, thanks princess. I’ll wear this at the fan meeting we have after the concert.” He put it down in his bag and closed it. “Okay, I’m done.”

“Yay,” I said, clapping my hands. “Now, let’s eat!” I pulled him up and dragged him out to the kitchen, sitting him down on a chair while I took out different ingredients. Donghae leaned on the table, watching my every move. Half an hour later, I put the food on the table and we all sat down to eat.

“Delicious as usual my love,” Donghae complimented, reaching over to peck my lips.

“Wookie taught me well,” I responded. Ryeowook grinned and stuck out his tongue.

“You’re a good student,” he said.

“Kayla?”

“Yes?” I turned to Leeteuk who had spoken.

“Thank you, it was delicious. Do I have to go over the rules or will you be fine?” he asked, referring to the security that needed checking every time before walking out the door, it would be a problem if fans snuck into the dorms while the boys were away. I shook my head.

“I’ve got it under control!” I assured. “You just go have fun on your trip and leave the dorms to me.” I felt Donghae’s hand caressing my neck sweetly and peeked over to see him smiling at me.

After we’d eaten the boys went to see to the last few things while I made the dishes. Donghae and the guys were ready to leave about 30 minutes later and were all putting on their shoes when I was done in the kitchen. It took some time before they actually left though, since Donghae refused to leave me and in the end they almost had to pull him out. I had to admit, it was a little painful to let him go as well but once I’d closed the door, I got busy with other things. Cleaning was always good to do when the boys weren’t around to tell me to get out of their room or go through their stuff. Two hours of cleaning later, I sat down along with a cup of tea on the couch to rest and read my book. The noise of the mail, however, interrupted the moment of peace as my whole body stiffened. God, why did it have to come now? I thought, standing up and dragging myself to the door. Like I’d expected, the mail lay on the door carpet. I picked it up and walked back to the living room, looking through the letters. One was for Sungmin, one for Eunhyuk, one for Leeteuk, one for Donghae and then...

“Hm, I need to call Hae. The plane shouldn’t have left yet.” I reached for the phone and quickly dialled Donghae’s number, he answered within three signals.

“Hey princess, everything alright?”

“Mm...” I mumbled.

“Hm? Kayla, what is it? Did something happen?”

“I got the letter...” I sighed. “What do you think it says?”

“Don’t know, open it,” he suggested, followed by a chuckle. I put on the speaker on the phone and opened the white letter. My eyes quickly went through the text, seeing the part I needed to know. I sighed deeply. “What?” Donghae asked. “Baby? Talk to me.”

“I didn’t get the role.” I pouted.

“Aw, I’m sorry my love. But maybe you’ll get the next then? Besides, remember what I told you? It’s their loss to not have you. I’m sure you did wonderfully, you should be proud of yourself instead, okay?” I perched my lips together, something he must’ve understood I did because he chuckled again. “Don’t make that face my love, you’ll be fine. And when I get home I’ll treat you to dinner!” he exclaimed. I laughed.

“Hae, you’ll be home in almost a week. Am I supposed to be sad about this until you get home?”

“Hm, maybe not. Oh, crap. I have to hang up now, the plane is about to take off. I’ll call you when we land alright? I love you,” he said.

“Yep, love you too,” I replied. He made a kiss sound then hung up. I puffed. “Oh well, there’s worse things in life than rejection.” I ripped the letter apart and went to throw it away. That’s when I recalled the woman that had caught me after the audition. I had placed the note with Hwang-Mi’s phone number somewhere the boys wouldn’t find it, hoping to keep that one a secret. Luckily, no one had found it as I opened the drawer and saw it in the same spot where I’d put it. Perhaps I should’ve talked to Hae about this too? But he’s busy right now... and she wanted an answer as soon as that letter came. So... Hae will have to find out later then, no big deal. He’ll just be happy for me. I dialled Hwang-Mi’s number and waited.

“Kim Hwang-Mi talking, who is this?” Hwang-Mi asked.

“Oh, hi, Miss Kim. It’s Kayla...Thompson,” I responded.

“Kayla! Lovely to hear from you! How have you been? Have you considered my offer?”

“Yes. The other role isn’t for me, I’m more interested in your offer. Could we meet somewhere and talk? I don’t really know how these things are dealt with.” I felt a little embarrassed, maybe I should’ve done some research.

“Don’t you worry about that Kayla. You just come to my office in the morning and I’ll show you how this works. First of all we need to walk you through the script, terms in the contract and all the other bells and whistles. But don’t be alarmed, I’ll help you all the way. This movie is for experience and fun, nothing else. Be at Starhaus Entertainment by nine o’clock tomorrow and ask for me in the reception!”

“Great, see you then! Goodbye,” I said and hung up. Hm, this could be my chance to become really good at more than being a waitress. Hope I do well...

-

Author’s POV

“Hm, she’s not answering. Eh, perhaps she’s busy or sleeping.” Donghae chuckled, hanging up the call he’d made to Kayla. He grabbed his bag and walked after the others. They got into cars and drove to the hotel to leave their luggage and then went straight to the venue where the concert would be held. Apparently, some of the managers wanted them all to rehearse once before going to eat then have the concert.

“There’s never a moment of peace, is there?” Kangin muttered as they danced Bonamana again. Donghae agreed with him but kept his mouth shut just in case someone would hear. Because if anyone did hear and it came by their manager then the consequence could be a severe scolding, and no one really did not have neither time nor will for that to happen. They had been practising for nearly two hours when finally the head of the whole concert called it a rap. Each of the bands, Super Junior, SHINee, Girl’s Generation and f(x) all went to their own makeup rooms to either go and eat or rest before the concert started in about three hours time.

“Is everybody ready?” Leeteuk asked over the 10 boys’ heads. They nodded their heads and formed a small line behind Leeteuk who walked out first. The reason for this line was that the space backstage wasn’t very big and with that many members in one group it was easy to forget someone, it had happened before.

“Goodbye hyungs!” The voice from one of their dearest dongsaengs sounded as the members arrived out to the cars. Donghae turned around and saw Taemin wave frantically to them. He flashed him a gentle smile and waved back. “Have a safe drive!” Taemin shouted.

“You too! See you at the concert later!” Donghae shouted back before getting into the car after Eunhyuk. He closed the door and put on his seatbelt as the car slowly began to move.

“Saying hi to your rival are you?” Heechul teased. Donghae glared at him and shook his head.

“He is after all the same age as her,” Sungmin joined the conversation. Donghae just sighed. How immature weren’t these guys. The argument, nonetheless, heated up during the car drive and when they pulled over by a restaurant, Donghae sprung out from the car. It was a nice, warm evening and Donghae’s mood was not going to get ruined by the other members’ teasing. When all of them had gotten out, they walked in to the restaurant and got led to the table. They ordered food and the wait had begun.

“Siwon, if you’re bringing your bible everywhere we go then can you at least hide it from me?” Heechul complained. Siwon, having picking up his bible for some reading, stared at Heechul for a brief moment then put the book down in his bag again. “Thank you,” Heechul said. He turned his head to Donghae’s end of the table and saw that he had his phone up. “Yah, Sungmin!”

“Yeah hyung?” Sungmin said over a couple of heads. Heechul pointed at Donghae. He had his head bent down slightly, in hope that no one would notice that he was on his phone but nothing could after all avoid Heechul’s eye. Sungmin, somewhat reluctant, reached over and quickly snatched Donghae’s phone out of his hands. When Donghae then looked up at him, wide eyes and a pout coming at any second, Sungmin gave him a meaning look. “Be a little social,” he said to the younger.

“Fine,” this one said and leaned his elbows on the table. “But what is there to talk about?” he asked, looking around the table. Sungmin smiled.

“There’s lots. For example, how’s that drama that you’ve been called for coming up? Is the part yours?” Sungmin asked. Donghae perched his lips together in thought.

“I don’t think they have decided yet. Although, much depends on whether our tour goes on to be longer than a year or not. In which case they’ll have to wait with the filming or replace me completely,” Donghae answered.

“Oh, well it would be a shame if they can’t have you in it. You’ve got talent,” Sungmin complimented. Donghae smiled and patted his back.

“Thanks hyung. That means a lot. How’s it going with your musical then?”

“It comes and goes. Some days I feel horrible and wonder what I got myself into but other days it’s almost as much fun as standing on a stage even if that feeling really never can be beaten,” he replied. Donghae nodded.

“No, the feeling of standing on a stage is really special.” He chuckled. “I’m glad no one has yet asked me what makes me the happiest; being with Kayla or standing on the stage. I don’t think I could’ve picked between them honestly.” Sungmin laughed.

“Understandable. What do you think she is doing now that we’re away? Drooling over Taemin?” Donghae playfully hit his arm.

“No. I think she’s bored. Very, very bored. But I gave her the key to our studio and asked our manager if she could be there. I thought that since she loves to dance just freely and has had some training she should borrow our dance studio to have some fun, maybe invite her friend over or so. I just really don’t want her to be all alone.”

“Why not? At times that’s just what a person needs. Besides, it’s not like she isn’t capable of coming up with things to do. She could be planning for your birthday that’s coming up soon!” Donghae frowned.

“I don’t like celebrating birthdays remember? It reminds me of how old I am,” he said, chuckling.

“Be glad you aren’t as old as Leeteuk hyung,” Eunhyuk cut in, hearing the topic. They laughed.

“Yeah. My birthday is in a week but Kayla knows I don’t like celebrating so...”

“So nothing. Kayla will most certainly prepare something for you! At least a small present. You’re turning 25, which is an even number that you usually celebrate.” Eunhyuk reasoned. “And I’d be awake after twelve if I was you, because don’t think for a second that she won’t scream happy birthday as soon as the clock strikes twelve,” he added. Donghae had nothing to argue with. He too knew that Kayla hardly would leave his birthday alone and surely was planning something for him, either with or without the rest of the members. Eunhyuk smirked to himself. This clueless friend of his had no idea what awaited him. You are going to love the surprise that we have planned for you, he thought.

“Anyway,” Donghae continued. “How’s it going for the two of you on the girlfriend front?” He laughed when the death glares from Sungmin and Eunhyuk appeared. Oops, sensitive topic apparently, Donghae thought to himself while taking a sip of water. Sungmin hyung was right, there’s lots to talk about hehehe...


So, I don't really have anything interesting to add... Just hoping you're still intrigued and that you still love the story! I'm currently not caring at all about homework. At least not as much as this story for example hehe... Not good xD Oh well, I'm sure some of you understand me, if not all of you.

Oh! Right. I'm putting up another story some upcoming day. It's a two-shot with EXO's Kai if anyone's intersted. In that case you can check it out! It's going to come up some time this week-end I think... Look out for it yeah? Okay, that's all for now. Thank you for reading and commentaiting so much! It's so wonderful to read all the nice things you write! It makes my life so much better so keep going :D

See you around, Love you all! <333