A battle, some words and more trouble Part 1

Sapphire Chaos

Author’s POV

The Great Kyuhyun’s diary.

“There once was a calm, undisturbed little home in the middle of the beautiful Seoul, called the Super Junior dorms. There it lived 11 hard-working, ambitious men who never arrived home earlier than at nine pm in the evening because of their jobs as idols, which demanded a lot of them. Every night they would come home, exhausted, stressed, hungry and in need of great rest. But because of the men’s great leader, Kyuhyun, they all coped with this lifestyle, despite the hardships that were thrown at them.

Although, the peace would not last forever. For one day the weakest man in the dorm would defy the great leader and fall in love. Yes, yes, it’s horrible. The girl, named Kayla, was not only a woman but she was also trouble since the men were famous and she wasn’t, something that complicated it for them all. Then some idiot, called Kim Heechul, was seen with this woman or rather girl by the way. After that it all went downhill. That girl is now living with the 11 men!!! And let me tell you, IT IS NOT FUN! AT ALL!!!”

“KYUHYUN! Oh my God! Could you just ONCE put your underwear in the laundry basket like I told you?!” The scream echoed around the dorm. It was Saturday morning, 9am to be precise, and someone had already pissed Kayla off. She clenched her fits together so that they whitened before storming to Kyuhyun’s and Eunhyuk’s room. She burst the door open with full force, causing it to slam into the wall. The two boys who were playing video games jumped up in the air by surprise. The eyes that girl have means business. Crap, we’re screwed, thought the at least somewhat innocent boy Eunhyuk while the other didn’t even have time to think before he was grabbed by the angry, quite shorter but also strong Kayla, who pulled him out from the room. Kyuhyun, getting angry too, eased himself out of her grip.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you? Don’t you have any respect for those older than you?” Kyuhyun scolded, hitting Kayla on the head.

“Ow! No, I do not! I’m not Korean you idiot! And besides I think everyone would agree with me about this issue!” she defended. Kyuhyun rose a challenging eyebrow.

“Oh, it’s on.” The intense stares they gave each other could’ve made electricity visible. “MEETING IN THE LIVING ROOM!” Kyuhyun announced with his loudest yell, letting everyone know. Not all the boys were awake when this announcement came, causing it take almost 30 minutes until they all were in the living room, ready for the meeting. Some were more tired than others while some such as Kim Heechul and Kim Young Woon only were irritated. One of them, Lee Donghae, was worried, mostly about Kayla’s safety. Kyuhyun wasn’t the best one to fight with this early on a Saturday morning, and especially not if it was a free day when they all should be resting. The only one who looked quite satisfied was the leader. He had seen good changes that Kayla had brought with her. When Leeteuk had tried to make these rules accurate, it ended with the others bullying him for it. As Kayla both was a woman and had a commanding presence, the boys could neither hit her nor disagree with her.

“What the is it you two want to talk about now?” Kim Heechul said. He referred to the fact that this was the second meeting within a time frame of three days. Kyuhyun cleared his throat and held up a pair of his Calvin Klein underwear.

“Do I-?” he started.

“YES!” the remaining guys shouted. Kyuhyun pouted angrily, crossing his arms in protest.

“I wasn’t even finished!” he whined. Kayla smiled triumphantly and patted Kyuhyun’s back. He brushed her hand off in defeat. “Fine.” He walked up to the laundry basket and tossed in his underwear then went back to his room, knowing that he would never again rule over his hyungs. Meanwhile, the rest of the guys in the living room were receiving a severe lecturing from the superiors, Leeteuk and Kayla. And when finally the members were allowed to leave, Kayla slumped down in Donghae’s lap. She grinned proudly. Donghae, on the other hand, laughed loudly and kissed Kayla’s cheek.

“You’re awesome baby,” he said. Kayla bit her lips teasingly and leaned her head on his shoulder. “What do you want to do today?” Donghae asked, snuggling in his girlfriend’s hair. Kayla puffed.

“Hm.” She wrinkled her nose. “I think I need to clean.” For a moment, Donghae sat frozen. He hadn’t fully grasped what his girlfriend had said and still not until Kayla pecked his lips and got up from the couch to begin the all around cleaning of the dorms. Donghae sighed and walked into his room to return to the composing of his song. He had worked on it for about a week now, feeling pretty happy with it. He had even begun to make the lyrics to it, using the title and theme that his princess had suggested. He hoped he could make a real recording of it one day so that he could perform it in her honour, hopefully persuading the fans to see that she was good not only him but also his career. As Donghae made a few last touches on the refrain, he thought of something rather odd. The lyrics didn’t work like he wanted them to do. There was a special meaning he wanted to empathise that wasn’t there yet. He sat back in his chair, observing the text with analysing thoughts, working out answers and solutions. Hm, I am in need of a second opinion, Donghae thought, bringing up his phone. He knew exactly who could help him. He pressed ‘call’ and put the phone to his ear.

“Hi hyung!” answered Henry after one or two signals.

“Hi Henry,” Donghae greeted. “Your assistance is needed. Mind helping me? I’m making a song and the proper feeling that I want to project isn’t there as of yet.” Donghae explained to his dongsaeng.

“Of course I’ll help you hyung! What about I come over to the dorms?” Henry suggested. Donghae hummed.

“No, it’s better if we meet at SM. Where we can have some privacy. I don’t want Kayla to hear the song until it’s ready, even if she has heard parts of it already.” Henry chuckled. He could think of many reasons to why Kayla had heard the song. Might be because hyung isn’t always so good at hiding things. Henry bit his tongue to not laugh too much at the picture that appeared in his head of Donghae, who probably right now was trying to come up with explanations to why Kayla had said she’d heard the song more often than Donghae would’ve wanted. “Anyway, I’ll be at SM in twenty. We have a day off today so our studio is empty.”

“Great. I’ll see you there.” They hung up and Donghae gathered his papers, put them in a bag then hurried out to the hallway.

“Where are you going?” He looked up by hearing the familiar voice’s question. Kayla stood in front of him with a feather-duster in her hand.

“I’m going to SM. I have some things to do. But I’ll be home later tonight, promise to not be late, okay?” Donghae said. Kayla shrugged.

“Alright. Have fun.” With that she turned her heel to walk away. Donghae was stunned.

“Yah, no kiss?” he asked her surprised. Kayla sighed but walked back to give him a quick kiss. Donghae frowned and pouted. “Are you mad?” he asked worriedly.

“No. I love you.” She kissed him again, longer this time and then disappeared into the living room where she was dusting off the awards that were neatly placed on shelves.

“Love you too,” Donghae replied. He walked down to his car and drove to SM. I’ll have to investigate in what it is that’s bothering Kayla when I get home. He arrived to the studio just in time to see Henry come from the other side of the corridor. “Hey!” He waved to the younger, he also waved back.

“Hi,” Henry said, smiling. They went in to the studio and Donghae played the melody, first time without the lyrics then a second time with it. The younger smiled very approvingly to the elder’s song. “It’s a great beginning hyung. But I get what you’re saying. It’s like the lyrics doesn’t match the melody somehow. Hm, let me try something.” Henry took out a pencil and paper from Donghae’s bag and made a rough copy of the song. He thought for a while and then wrote down some words on the paper, that he then showed to the elder. Donghae took it.

“Isn’t this Japanese?” he asked the younger. Henry nodded. Donghae read through the lyrics while humming the melody. He placed the papers in front of the piano to play the song, founding it very soothing all together. “That sounded so much better. How did you know Japanese would work?” he curiously asked Henry who shrugged.

“Just an idea I had since Japanese is built in another way than Korean is. I have a few other ideas too, if you want me to propose them too?” he said to Donghae, who only gave back the paper to Henry. And together they would create a wonderfully sounding song. It wasn’t until late in the evening that Donghae got home again and walked inside his room, to his surprise see that it was empty. He put down his bag next to his bed and peeked out from his room.

“Kayla?” He saw no sign of her from where he was standing so Donghae began searching for her around the dorm. She wasn’t in neither Leeteuk’s, Siwon’s or Sungmin’s room. Where can she be? Donghae thought when suddenly he heard a giggle coming from Kyuhyun’s and Eunhyuk’s room. He opened the door to see one of his best friends and next to him his girlfriend, sitting on Eunhyuk’s bed, having a book between them. “Hello?” Donghae said to announce his arrival. Eunhyuk and Kayla lifted their heads and both of them smiled at the sight of him, though from totally different reasons.

“Oh, hi my prince! Did it go well at SM?” Donghae frowned in confusion.

“What are you guys doing?” he wondered suspiciously, pointing at them both. Eunhyuk smirked and lay an arm around Kayla’s shoulders, something he knew would annoy Donghae.

“Stop it Hyuk.” Kayla warned, snaking out of his grip and standing up to go to her boyfriend. His jealous stare at Eunhyuk was more than enough to start a fight, which wouldn’t be good. She hugged Donghae tightly, placing a kiss on his cheek too. “We’re reading Kyuhyun’s diary. I found it when I was putting down his underwear in the drawers.” Kayla’s explanation didn’t make Donghae any less suspicious. He glared at her.

“You put Kyuhyun’s underwear in his drawer?” Kayla, realising her slight mistake, smiled innocently. They both heard Eunhyuk’s special laughter, he clearly thought this situation was very awkward. It was… Kayla took Donghae’s hand, dragging him to the bed and pushed him down on it. She sat down between his legs. “Please continue to read Hyuk.” She wrapped Donghae’s arms around herself and leaned her head on his chest. Although not super comfortable, Donghae calmed himself by burying his face in Kayla’s soft neck. It smelled of peach, like her favourite perfume that actually he gave to her. Eunhyuk cleared his throat, plastering a evil smile on his face.

“The 3rd of September, 2011.

This has gone way too far. No one is willing to listen to me anymore! And it’s all because of Kayla. Okay, I will admit that I do like her way of thinking, she’s very much like myself but still, it’s annoying too. When did it become okay to put me in the maknae’s chair when it’s clear that I’ve never been in it in the first place?! Besides, Kayla is younger than me and no one does that to her… Is that only because she isn’t actually related to us, is Donghae’s girlfriend or are they favouring her over me? I mean, seriously, what’s going on here? And why can’t Donghae just admit that he wants to-”

“We can stop there!” Donghae abruptly interrupted, closed the book and lay it under Kyuhyun’s pillow. He gently pushed Kayla off of him and stood up himself. “Good night Hyuk.” He took Kayla’s hand and pulled her with him in to his room. There, he closed the door and started to take out the notes from his bag to put them in a safe place. Kayla, quite confused and amused, sat down on his bed to observe him with a curious eye.

“What did it say in Kyu’s diary?” The question made Donghae do a full stop, sitting slouched over his bag with the note sheets in his right hand. Kayla waited for an answer that didn’t seem to come. “Um, want me to go look myself?” She hadn’t even finished asking the question before Donghae was standing up, facing her.

“No. I don’t…want you to do that.” Donghae bit his lips in search of a better explanation. But when he couldn’t come up with one he just said: “We should go to bed.” Kayla tilted her head to the side and thought about that suggestion, soon she had come to the decision that Donghae’s answer wasn’t enough for her. She got up and wiggled towards him. Like Donghae, she had a habit to bite her lips when she was nervous or felt curious about something. She placed herself really close to Donghae, their bodies just barely not touching, and avoided his eyes by focusing on playing with her ring. Donghae had his arms down his sides, his hands tapping the fabric of his jeans nervously.

“Why don’t you want me to know?” Kayla asked, changing her voice into an irresistible cute one she knew Donghae rarely could resist, after all it was irresistible. Donghae, taken back by her sugary way of asking, stared down at her with wide eyes.

“That’s so unfair Kayla.” She giggled and lifted her head to meet his gaze.

“I know… So tell me.” Donghae shook his head. “Please? What did it say~? I wanna know! It said something like,” she tried to think about what the last words had said, “you want us to do something… What is it you want?” Oh dear God, someone burst inside right now and help me, Donghae prayed in his head. Why did Kyuhyun have to write that?! I mean, yeah, it’s his diary but he knows Kayla and Eunhyuk won’t leave it alone once they’ve found it, which they now have. How the hell should I explain this to her? It went so damn wrong the last time so how will I tell her that I’ve been thinking of it again? “Okay fine, if you won’t tell me then I will go see for myself.” Suddenly Kayla had disappeared from being in front of him and Donghae saw to his horror that the door was opened. !

 


Good evening! I've been sick today and therefore I've been able to write not only one but TWO chapters! The "Part 2" will be a start of something that will become apparent (at least I hope so) later in the story. But that's the only clue I'll give you. Hope you like it! And by the way... Please don't faint after seeing the picture that's for the next chapter, alright? ;)

And welcome my new subscribers! Thank you so much for subscribing to my story, I'm very grateful! Love you all~<3