Oh crap...

Sapphire Chaos

Donghae’s POV

 

“Are you that my princess? I want you to absolutely sure about it,” I said. Kayla looked down in her lap for a moment and then up at me. Her wide smile was shining brighter than the biggest diamond.

“I’m sure,” she replied. “I have thought of saying it for a long while now and I believe that tonight is the right time,” she said. Her eyes pierced through my body, straight into my heart. I felt warm on the inside. She really was ready to take the step, letting me make her mine once and for all. I smiled widely.

“Me too. Your place then? I think the dorm will get a little awkward.” I chuckled.

“Why can’t we do it here?” she asked, smiling. I got wide eyes and heard laughter in my ear. I cleared my throat.

“Here? Isn’t it a little too crowded here?” I looked around at the amount of people that were in the restaurant. She couldn’t possibly mean that we’d do it here!

“No...” she said, a wondering look in her eyes.

“So where exactly do you suggest we do it?” I questioned, still quite chocked that my girl was that fierce that she’d agree to do it in public on the first go...

“Here of course!” she exclaimed then she laughed. “Or do you want to do it in the toilet?” I laughter nervously.

“Um honey I think that’s probably the best place if you’re so eager that you can’t wait until we get home,” I said. She tilted her head a little to the side. God, she’s cute!

“Why would the toilet be a good place?” she wondered. I had no idea what to answer. I just stared into thin air for a while. “Donghae?” she asked, squeezing my hand a little.

“Huh? Oh... Sorry,” I apologised. “Well... To you know... do it here is...” I trailed for words, “I don’t even think it’s legal,” I said.

“Donghae... Why wouldn’t it be legal? What on earth are you talking about?” Kayla said after a few seconds of complete silence. I looked at her with my very big doe eyes.

“Well Kayla you should know that having...” I started loudly but then quiet down so that only she’d hear me, leaning over the table a bit. “... in public isn’t something that most people do,” I said and leant back in my seat again. Kayla just stared at me. I tilted my head, feeling very confused about the whole situation. Then it lit up for me. Holy crap! “Um...” I began carefully, biting my lip. Her judging look only got worse by the second. “We... aren’t talking about the same thing are we?” I asked very low, almost as if I was scared she’d hit me. All she did though was to make me let go of her hand and sighed.

“No Donghae. We are most definitely not.” She lay her face in her hand. I felt very guilty. Suddenly I heard two loud laughs coming from the other table. ... Kayla immediately caught on to whose the laughter was and stood up, roughly pulling off Eunhyuk’s hood to reveal his face. She stared at the laughing Eunhyuk then at Kyuhyun and lastly at me. I was so screwed... “WHAT THE DONGHAE?!” she yelled. I jumped up to try to hush her because there might have been fans around and I hadn’t announced that I was in a relationship yet. My attempt failed of course. Kayla furiously hit me on the arm making a shriek press its way through my lips and out.

“I’m sorry Kayla,” I begged. I saw her clench her fists, shut her eyes tightly and before I got the chance to stop her she had stomped out mad as a bee and with horns sticking out her head, as well as smoke coming out of her nostrils; long story short she was pissed off alright. I let out a frustrated sigh and turned to Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk who had both stood up when Kayla had left. “I hate you guys,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Woah, this is not our fault!” Kyuhyun instantly defended himself. “You thought she meant too,” he pointed out. I sighed again, he was right of course.

“Just tell me how to fix this,” I pleaded. The two exchanged looks with each other before turning to me. “Go after her?” I asked, they nodded. “Okay, thanks,” I said and ran after Kayla. When I got out on the street I couldn’t see her so assumed she’d either walked home or she had gotten a cab. Either way she would’ve gone home so that’s where I’m heading too. I jumped into my car and drove off towards Kayla’s house. On the way to it, it started raining really bad. I hoped that Kayla had reached her home before it had begun or else she was probably soaked right now, all because of a stupid mistake that I did. As the very sensitive guy I am the tears started creeping out behind my eyelids. I saw a figure standing outside Kayla’s door and hurried with the parking of my car. I ran out and up to her. She was sitting in the rain, soaking wet. When I stopped in front of her she lifted her head.

“Why did you tell me to leave my bag in your car you idiot?” she asked. The rain dripped down her beautiful face, smooching her perfectly applied make up.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

-

Author’s POV

The boy and the girl stared at each other for a short moment of silence, the only sound came from the rain that has already ruined the girl’s dress and made the boy’s shirt see through long ago. The girl stood up and sighed.

“I can’t get in. And I don’t enjoy being wet,” she muttered. The boy’s eyes got wide and he rushed to his car to get the girl’s bag. When she got it the girl turned around to open the door. They both went inside. Both their hair was dripping wet, clutching to their faces. The girl kicked off her shoes and dropped her bag on the floor before slowly turning to the boy. Her eyes fell on his chest that she could see through the thin fabric of his shirt. She wanted him so bad but she knew she wasn’t near ready for that yet. She opened to speak but his finger on stopped her.

“You don’t have to say it Kayla. I’m sorry. I know you’re not ready. I respect that, perhaps more than you know,” he made a small pause, thinking about what to say next. She beat him to it.

“It’s alright. Do you want to sleep on my couch tonight or do you have schedules tomorrow morning?” she asked. He understood that she didn’t want to talk more about the evening’s misunderstandings. He sighed. How he hated his job sometimes and he knew what her face would look like once he told her the answer.

“At 7:30,” he replied. She nodded shortly then turned away from him. He managed to catch her wrist and pull her back into his embrace. Their bodies made a weird sound of water splashing together when they met. It made both of them giggle quietly. They hugged and shared a quick kiss. “Good night my princess,” the boy whispered. He felt extremely reluctant to walk away from her and leave her alone at this time but he also knew that it was what she truly needed.

“See you in my dreams my prince,” she answered, slowly making him back out of her house. She smiled at him weakly then closed the door. Donghae once again felt the rain start pondering down his already wet body. Maybe the effort of getting up of five in the morning had been worth the last minutes he’d gotten with his beautiful princess. As always he’d thought of that too late, now having to face his decision whether he liked it or not. He walked back to the car, extra slow. As if he wanted the door to suddenly burst open and then he’d see the girl of his dreams sprung from a canon and leaping into his arms, crashing their lips together in a passionate kiss. Such fairytales, he thought. I have way too vivid imagination for my own good, he said in his mind, stepping on the gas at the same time. He drove off to the dorms. He got up to open the door to see his two friends.

“How did it go?” the younger of them asked. Donghae shrugged, closing the door behind him.

“Is she mad?” Eunhyuk asked his friend. He was concerned for his friend now and both he and Kyuhyun were wearing guilt on their faces.

“More hurt I think. She asked if I wanted to sleep on the couch but I can’t. I have a super early schedule tomorrow,” he explained to them. “I’m just going to go to bed,” he added. He slipped out of his shoes, picked them up and walked to the bathroom where he hung off his wet clothes. He decided to take a quick shower to then head off to bed. He thought about his little princess all night long. He really didn’t deserve to be her prince right now. How could he have been so stupid that he’d let himself get carried away like that? He fell asleep eventually. The uneasy emotions overwhelmed him during the night, causing him to wake up a few times.

-

 “I’m feeling stupid,” Kyuhyun muttered for the fifth time in the last twenty minutes. Eunhyuk didn’t even have the strength to hit him anymore and remained motionless. He couldn’t even glare at his dongsaeng anymore. He knew how the younger felt and he the same. He sighed. They were supposed to be practising. Or rather, Eunhyuk was supposed to teach Kyuhyun the dance moves and how to add your personal style into them etc, etc. The wall against their backs had been inviting in this time for guilt. It didn’t judge them. Regularly glancing at the clock had become a habit since they had entered the room. “Maybe we should do something?” Kyuhyun asked his fellow friend in crime. Eunhyuk turned to him. Kyuhyun replied with two raised eyebrows only to have Eunhyuk standing up, shaking his head.

“No. They have to figure this out themselves,” he said.

“Okay... But what do you think Kayla meant last night?” Kyuhyun kept asking question, question that annoyed the other because he had no frank answer to any of them.

“I don’t know Kyu. Maybe she wanted to get something important said like how much she cares for him or-” the older stopped in his tracks. Slowly facing the other to see the same revelation and excitement in the one’s eyes.

“Of course!” they both yelled at the same time. They grabbed their bags and ran out of the dance studio. The communication between the two wasn’t needed, both knew the other’s thoughts. The quickly got to Eunhyuk’s car and drove to the small café where there worked a girl to whom they needed to speak. They put on their hoods and walked inside the little café. The girl already in sight. She was just finishing serving a customer their order. They walked up to her when she turned to walk to the next table. Trapping her between them.

“You love Donghae,” the team concluded. The girl stared at them.

“How do you know?” she asked, frowning. “Have you read my diary?!” she shouted. The team shook their heads.

“You write a diary?” Kyuhyun asked curiously. His mischievous smile recognisable to anyone who knew him. The girl glared at him. “Sorry,” he apologised.

“We figured it out,” Eunhyuk said, taking back the control of the situation. He and Kyuhyun could find out more about that diary some other time, not now. Kayla swallowed hard, biting her lips nervously. “We won’t tell him. You are,” Eunhyuk informed her, seeing the worry approaching. The girl shook her head and left without a word. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk, both being confused, followed her.

“We know he loves you too,” Kyuhyun told her. The girl stopped.

“How do you know that?” she asked.

“Because we’ve read his diary of course!” Kyuhyun, without thinking, exclaimed, earning a punch in the stomach by Eunhyuk. He choked and held his stomach, chipping for air. The girl let a small giggle escape through her lips when she heard the poor boy fighting for control over his breathing. She smiled at them.

“So what do you two suggest we do? Do I just walk up to him and tell him?” she wondered. The two boys, still being confused, searched for answers in their minds.

“No idea. That’s for you to figure out. But honestly you made him a little sad yesterday. And you looked really y last night so no wonder the idiot thought of when he saw you,” Eunhyuk said. Kayla gave him a dull glare. She walked up to him and stomped her foot right on his making the boy shriek in pain. The girl then continued to do her work, feeling a little happier on the inside. Meanwhile the rescuing team angrily leaved the café. Not at all believing that this was the price for acting kind! There’s the precise reason to why they never act nice around people. Eunhyuk was the most mad though. Now his foot hurt! He couldn’t dance when his foot hurt! The rescue team that now felt like failures returned to the dance studio to finally begin their practise. It didn’t go too well with Eunhyuk’s foot hurting and Kyuhyun blaming his lungs for not wanting to cooperate with him. Plus they were soon joined by Heechul, Kangin and Ryeowook, all had been ordered by the manager to practise their dances. Yesung had only gotten away because he had singing practise. Ryeowook, being the only one who wanted to practise, in vain tried to get his hyungs and Kyuhyun to dance. Heechul complained about how he was too good for the dance. Specifically pointing out that one particular dance was way too easy for him. He couldn’t help that his body felt like doing more advanced movements when the dance’s simplicity didn’t allow it. Eunhyuk who, as always, had a dancing solo with Donghae and Shindong in the middle that this time required him to make a weird spin in less than two milliseconds that only Donghae could do since his personal label was to spin three times whenever he could (something that confused Eunhyuk because the fans loved it! They screamed more when Donghae spun than when he stood upside down, balancing on his freaking hands!)  just listen to his hyung with a wide grin on his face. Kangin took up his phone after a while to tweet some selcas instead of paying attention to the hectic monologue Heechul was laying out to them all. Kyuhyun, as sceptic as Eunhyuk, bit his lips not to laugh, knowing very well what a laugh could cost him; anything less than his life was highly unlikely.

“What on earth are you all doing?” a very upset Leeteuk stepped into the dance studio. “You’re supposed to practise!” he continued upset. Four of the guys raised their brows at him. The fifth ’betrayed’ the group.

“I’ve tried telling them that hyung! They wouldn’t listen,” a equally upset Ryeowook exclaimed to the leader. The other four followed him with angry glares. He’d gotten them in trouble now. Well Heechul never thought of himself as ’in trouble’. He could do whatever he wanted. He took a step towards the door. A glare shot from the eyes of the leader warned him to go any further, therefore he instead groaned and went back to the rest.

“Start your damn practise,” Leeteuk hissed between gritted teeth. He turned his heel around, leaving the room. The mad four remaining turned to the fifth little member.

“What?” he questioned. “You know we all need this practise!” he truthfully told his fellow band members. They all groaned. Eunhyuk then took the lead as the dance machine of the band. He put on the music to one of their well known songs. The lot started dancing to the song. Leeteuk had indeed done a good job making them fear and respect him enough for them to listen to his instructions most of the time. When Heechul finally had had it with the practise they stopped and went back to the dorms. There they regretted leaving the practise early. Leeteuk made them show the dance. Those who passed this test could do anything they wanted. In the end he agreed that they all had gotten better. He thanked Eunhyuk for helping out even though it kind of was his duty as a member of the band but still, that boy never said no to some extra praising. After a long day each member went to go to bed early except three of them. Heechul had a blog to write. Eunhyuk had other things to do than sleep and Kyuhyun had a date with his PSP.

Across town a girl lay in her bed. Thinking about a currently black haired prince that she now knew loved her. Question was... how will she show her love for her prince? Was it worth the risk? Could she trust that he really loved her back? Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk joked a lot. Though, she trusted them. They weren’t lying this time around. She fell asleep smiling. She might have had the perfect plan in mind...