Donghae as a bad boy?

Sapphire Chaos

Donghae’s POV

“Hyuk! Come on! I really have to go! Kayla is waiting for me,” I whined. Eunhyuk held onto my arm, refusing to let me go. “Dude~ let go!” I demanded.

“Fine. We don’t want the little prince to be late, huh?” Eunhyuk teased. I stuck out my tongue. “See you later!”

“Yeah, see you, monkey,” I replied. I walked out of the practise room and headed towards the exit of the building. I was going to Kayla’s set to give her some support, since it was her first day of filming she felt a little nervous. I pressed the elevator button and waited for it to arrive.

“Hey, hyung!” I turned around; Siwon was running towards me.

“Hey. What are you doing here? I thought you had a meeting with the manager or something, about your drama?” I asked. Siwon nodded.

“I do. But I have something to tell you,” Siwon answered. I scowled at him, tilting my head to the side. “They want you to be on the drama with me!” Siwon exclaimed. My eyes turned big as the chock washed over me. They wanted me?

“What?”

“Yes! They told me to ask if you wanted to take the part. If you wanted it, I would tell you to come with me on the meeting now. What do you say? It would be awesome if you came with me to Taiwan. And you’d be perfect for the role. I think you’re playing a bad boy, should be interesting, right?” Siwon babbled on. I tried to collect my thoughts into one and held up a hand; he stopped talking. “What is it, hyung? Is there something wrong?”

“How long will we be gone? When are we leaving? Siwon, I have like a thousand questions and I really need to go, Kayla is waiting for me. Can’t I have this meeting with the manager later? Or does it have to be now?” I asked. Siwon bit his lips, frowning.

“I think you have to decide by the end of the day. That’s what they told me. Maybe I can talk to the manager and I can tell him you had to be somewhere but that you’ll leave your answer before the day is over?” I exhaled in relief.

“Thanks.” Siwon gave me a hug.

“No problem. Tell Kayla I said hi, and we’ll see each other later. I’ve got to go. Bye!” He ran away and disappeared up the stairs. I took the elevator down to the parking floor where my car stood. I felt my phone vibrate a few times on the way to the set, which was located at one of the airports outside of Seoul. Forty minutes later, I arrived to the set and rushed out of my car. I could see the cameras at the entrance of the airport, some tents where the director sat with his assistants and then I saw my girl standing close to the entrance – a couple of makeup artists were fixing her makeup.

“Kayla,” I called out. She lifted her head and excused herself from the makeup artists, running over to me. “Hi, princess, I’m really sorry I’m late.”

“It’s okay,” Kayla said, hugging me tightly. “I thought you had forgotten or had become busy with another schedule. I’m not sure I can do this, Hae. I’m really scared. It’s like I can’t remember anything. I think I’m hyperventilating. Oh god, what if they replace me? What am I going to do then? This is my only chance, honestly. I cannot screw this up! Aw, I don’t know what to do!” Kayla covered her face with her hands. I could really tell how nervous she felt. I took down her hands and caressed the backside of them while I made sure that my breathing was the calmest it could be.

“Kayla, princess. Let me start off by saying how beautiful you are in that dress. It’s adorable. Secondly, nothing will go wrong. Trust me. You’ve been so good when you’ve practised at home. Just take some deep breaths and if you screw up, try again. I remember when I had that small part in ‘It’s okay, Daddy’s girl’ and my first appearance in that drama... I felt just like you right now. I think I even threw up, but it went good in the end.”

“I feel like throwing up,” Kayla replied. I swallowed. Ops, this is worse than I thought. I replaced my hands to holding Kayla’s cheeks instead.

“Princess, listen to me now. You’re going to do brilliantly. And I’ll be here all the time, watching you and give you a sweet kiss when you’re done, okay? I can’t give you one now though...”

“I know. Lip gloss,” Kayla muttered. “All right, I feel better now. I hope. I’m all better.” She exhaled a long breath and smiled. “Thank you.” I smiled too and placed a peck on her forehead. “What would I do without you?” Kayla giggled.

“Don’t even give me that thought!” I protested. “Go show them what you’ve got now! They’re waiting for you, I believe.” Kayla nodded. She skipped back to the set and talked to the director a little, and then she walked inside the airport. I put my hands in my back pockets and observed the hardworking people around the set fix the last few things.

“All right! We’re all set! Let’s give it a try. And... Action!” the director yelled from the tent. Someone else shouted action as well and then I saw my little princess walk out through the entrance doors. She had a yellow raincoat, blue pumps and a white dress with a 60’s design; she looked stunning. She was looking around at all the things that could be seen, smiling brightly and inhaled some ‘fresh’ air.

“I can’t believe I’m finally here. A new city, a new country and a fresh start. Now... where am I going?” Kayla perched her lips together as she turned her head left then right. She shrugged and went left. The camera followed her a few metres and then the famous ‘cut’ was heard from inside the tent. I smiled widely, feeling so proud of her. The director walked out of the tent; he, too, smiled.

“Great first take, darling!” he complimented Kayla. “We’ll go it maybe five-six more times before we change locations. We need to take it in different angles, light, you know. Is that good? You’re doing great already so I don’t see why you can’t do the same again.”

Kayla shook her head. “I’ll do it as many times until it’s perfect,” she said. The director nodded, gave her a thumb up then went back to his tent. The scene took about an hour to perfect but after that, the director said that the scene was really good and that he felt happy about it. He told everyone to take a ten minutes break so that they could pack up all the equipment before heading to the next location. Kayla hurried over to me as soon as she had bowed to everyone. “How did I do?” she wondered.

“You were amazing, princess!” I exclaimed happily. “And I’m not saying that just because I love you and you’d be the best even if you did it badly. I’m really honest. You were brilliant!” I answered. Kayla blushed.

“Well, since I did so good... Can I get that kiss now?” I nodded, pulling her towards me and gave her the sweet kiss I’d promised her. Kayla giggled. “Thank you. Are you coming with me to the next location? I think that’ll be somewhere in Seoul, I have no idea where though. I think I’ll be walking to the apartment where my character lives.”

“Sorry, princess. I don’t think I can.”

Kayla pouted. “Why not?”

“Well... Actually, there’s a thing I have to ask you.” Kayla looked at me curiously. “I met Siwon this morning. And apparently, they’ve been seeking another guy for the drama in Taiwan and they want me,” I revealed to her. Kayla eyes grew bigger. I closed an eye, leaning backwards. “Are you mad at me?”

“What?! You’ve been asked to be in a drama!?” Kayla yelled out. She bounced up and down. “Oh my god! I’m so happy for you! When are you leaving? What’s the name of it? Who are you playing? Tell me, tell me, tell me!” she exclaimed. I raised a brow at her.

“Wow, I didn’t think you’d be that happy. I don’t know anything about it, yet. I haven’t even said I’ll do it. I thought I’d ask you first. I’m guessing we’ll be gone for the same amount of time as your movie. But it could be longer, I’m not sure. Do you really think I should go?”

“Of course! Donghae, you love acting! Take the chance. You’ll do an awesome job, I know you will! As for me, I’ll be super busy anyway. So I won’t be able to spend that much time with you. Not more than it is now at least. I say you should take the part. Then we can watch my movie and your drama together when they come out! It’ll be perfect! I’m so happy for you, my love!” She gave me a tight hug around the waist. I chuckled. My princess was full of surprises.

“All right. If you say so. But in that case I need to hurry back to SM and tell them I’ll take the role. Siwon said something about my character being a...bad boy? Is that a good thing?” I chuckled. Kayla nodded.

“Bad boys are hot. I’ll look forward to seeing you act like one. It won’t suit you but it’ll sure be interesting! Which is good, I guess. Anyway, yes! Go tell them you will take the part! Just don’t forget that you’ll have to tell me all about the drama once you’re in Taiwan. Wait... are you going to speak Chinese then?” Kayla wondered.

“Yep, that’ll be the most interesting... I at Chinese.” Kayla laughed. “I’m serious! Once, Henry couldn’t stop laughing about my pronunciation so much that it made us delayed by like twenty minutes. I’m not kidding. It was so awful. Oh well, Siwon knows it very well so he’ll have to help me out. Then when I come back, I’ll teach you some too. We can talk about the members without them knowing what we’re saying. That will be hilarious! Don’t you agree?”

“Oh yes, I totally agree!” Kayla said. “I’m really happy for you,” she added sincerely.

“That means a lot, princess. I’ll do my best in being a bad boy,” I replied with a wink. Kayla pressed her lips to mine. “I’ll see you at home. Continue to blow them away, all right?” I mumbled through the kisses.

“I will,” she mumbled back. When we broke apart I could tell that I had lots of lip gloss on my lips, which I quickly wiped away. Kayla giggled again. “You’re adorable,” she commentated, poking me on my nose. I grinned.

“Of course I am. I’m Lee Donghae, like duh. Love you!” I started my way back to the car. Kayla waved after me, blowing kisses.

“Love you more,” she shouted. I started the engine and drove off, blowing her a last kiss. In the back mirror, I saw how Kayla returned to the set, still having the smile that lit up her whole face. The drive back to SM took about the same amount of time as it had on the way to the set, perhaps even a tiny bit faster due to the lack of traffic. I had texted Siwon on the way that told me to come to the conference room. I parked the car, went up to the conference room and knocked on the door carefully. The door opened; it was our manager.

“Donghae! I’m glad you made it! Siwon told me you’re in! That’s great!” He shoved me inside the room which was filled with people. “Everyone, we have our Bu Po Shang!” I glanced at my manager. Bo Po what? That was my character’s name? Eh? My manager sat me down on the seat next to Siwon. “Let’s continue the meeting now. We’re going over your schedule, making it certain that you won’t miss too much and that we can put the SJ-M album at a hold for now on,” the manager explained to me. I nodded and smiled at the people in the room. I didn’t recognise many of them, although I might have heard their names in these situations. Every single one of them was important, that stood clear to me.

After the meeting, Siwon and I headed to our next schedule – singing practise – deeply engaged in a conversation about the drama. We hadn’t talked much about the drama, rather all the things surrounding it, so Siwon and I had lots of speculations in our minds. According to the director – who seemed unwilling to reveal too much – Siwon and I had some rivalry and we both wanted to become the best. I was together with a girl who I thought nothing of and I acted cold towards her and on top of that dragged her with me to the big city just so that I could become a singer. The story and the characters sounded fairly complicated, even for experienced actors, so both Siwon and I felt a bit insecure. “I’m going to have so many problems with the Chinese...” Siwon said.

You? What about me? I’ll have it way worse! I don’t know a single Chinese word...” I said. “God, the guys, Henry especially, will laugh so hard at this. I’m not kidding.”

“Ah, it’s all right, hyung. It could’ve been in Spanish! That’s even worse,” Siwon stated. My head went up and down in response. It would still become interesting to hear the guys’ reaction, I thought. Siwon and I walked inside the room; most of the members were there already. K.R.Y were the ones to always be there the earliest and leave the latest, just like Eunhyuk, Shindong and I stayed late for extra dance practise. Eventually the rest of the members also came. Heechul looked as motivated as usual – that is not motivated at all. It wasn’t that he didn’t like to sing, he just preferred doing it on his own instead of doing it with us. In one way I totally understood him; K.R.Y were fantastic, making you feel puny whatever you did, basically. Then again, all the members had something they were brilliant at. I once told Heechul – to cheer him up – that I could never MC a radio show like he did or be as witty in his comments as he was during variety shows. Heechul had replied that he was lucky to have me around. Yep, compliments like that were rare when you were friends with Kim Heechul, but it happened once in a while.

“Yah, hyung! You’re singing my verse!” Ryeowook complained, hitting Yesung on the arm. Yesung kept singing the verse out then chuckled.

“Sorry, once I’ve started I can’t stop,” he said. “Besides, if you’d sung it I wouldn’t have started on it!” Ryeowook glared at him.

“Wow, is YeWook real?” Kangin teased, earning glared from the two of them. Something I had noticed ever since Kayla moved in to our dorms was that she had taught us all even more about what happened in our fandom. Eunhyuk and I had been aware of EunHae for forever, but others like Yesung and Ryeowook hadn’t been fully aware of exactly how popular their shipping was. Kayla had also shown them several fanfics online that neither of us had been aware of. It was scary what the fans wrote about... One time, Eunhyuk had found one about KangTeuk having some relationship. Kangin hadn’t spoken a word for hours!

“Guys, can we concentrate, please?” Leeteuk begged. We gathered in a group and Yesung started off by doing some easy warm ups. After that Kyuhyun did some and lastly Ryeowook.

“Which songs are we singing today?” Sungmin wondered.

“Uh... Sorry Sorry Answer?” Shindong suggested.

“Again?!” Heechul and Kangin both exclaimed upset.

“Can’t we sing ‘A day’?” I suggested. The members scowled at me, some glared too. “I really wanna sing it okay?!” Eunhyuk patted my head.

“Not gonna happen, bro.”

“Oh, can’t we sing the ones we’re actually supposed to sing?” Leeteuk said. The members chuckled.

“Our leader is the weirdest one. He wants to practise songs we’re going to preform!” Kyuhyun teased. Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

“Fine. We’ll practise some funnier songs first and then the ones we have to practise. Is that all right for everyone?”

“Yes!” we replied in unison.

“No K.R.Y songs!” Siwon interjected. “It’ll be boring for the rest of us...”

“Indeed... so boring,” Heechul muttered. The discussion pretty much went on like that and in the end we didn’t sing any of the songs we were really going to practise. Everyone just practised what they wanted to practise and Leeteuk put in an extra hour’s practise the next day to compensate. We were lucky we had a good leader like Leeteuk who trusted us with the assignment to practise ourselves if we needed it. Plus, he knew all our members did want to improve their singing and performing in general. Therefore, upon arriving at home that evening, none of us went straight to bed. Instead each and every one of us sat down in our room and guess what we did? Practise.


Hi there guys! Another chapter finally up! Thank God! What did you guys think? How many of you has seen Skip Beat and know that role Hae is playing? I've seen it! And I LOVED his bad boy attitude thingy xD I totally crushed on him all over again! Haha! Anyway, has anyone else seen Swing?! OMFG! So awesome right?! I thought I'd die! Life of a fangirl indeed.

Thank you for reading as always! Commenting is very much appreciated! ^^