Chapter 8

She's Having My Baby

She looked at her ringing phone.

Although it was showing just numbers, she was fully aware of who the caller was.

She hesitated. And eventually picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Jiyun?! Thank godness you finally picked up the phone!" Came a panic sounding voice. Needless to say, it was Yoochun.

"Yeah...?"

"Jiyun, i'm sorry... "

"Huh? What are you being sorry for? I should be the... one apologising... i misunderstood you..." Jiyun replied carefully.

"I'm such a failure, i shouldn't have left you alone to deal with everything yourself..." Yoochun said with a feeling of remorse. He had read several books and surfed forums online, and had found out that pregnant women gets extremely insecure easily. And there he went on a disappearing act on her. It's no wonder she got so angry.

"I'm sorry... you must have been worried about my baby?"

Yoochun let out a deep sigh.

"Jiyun, don't you get it? I admit that i'm worried about our baby, but more importantly, you're the person i'm most worried about...." Yoochun softly spoke. "I felt like my world was slowly crumbling down everytime i heard the telephone operator's voice recording...." He choked on his words, and his voice was clearly wavering...

"I'm sorry...." Jiyun muttered, feeling a little guilty just hearing him speak.

"Jiyun, promise me you'll never do this again?"

"I promise." Jiyun replied sincerely.

Yoochun smiled for the first time in a while.

"So, how have you been coping with work?" Jiyun asked.

"TERRIBLE! You should've seen how scary Kang was, he was like a slave driver! I don't even have the time to breathe!"

Jiyun chuckled. Now THIS is the Yoochun she knew.

"But isn't he nice? After all, he sent Jaejoong here to salvage our project."

"True, but still.... haiz...." He sighed. Had they not resisted or have acted a little later, all these wouldn't have happened.

"Nevertheless, it's all thanks to you all..."

"Any rewards for us then?"

"I've provided Jaejoong with free accomodation."

"So i've heard. Damn, it's not fair! That was supposed to be my place!" He whined. He was jealous, and there isn't a need for him to cover up his jealousy.

"ㅋㅋㅋ~ Too bad for you! Oh by the way, thanks for the big bag of.... stuff?"

"Have you seen them yet?! Apparently they are food that are nutritious for pregnant ladies! I've even made a special version of kimchi for you! That is my first time making kimchi!" He sounded proud over the phone.

"Special?"

"Yeah apparently you can't take in too much salt, so i've decreased the quantity. Same goes to the chilli powder."

"But.. you know i LOVE spicy food! And kimchi tastes best when extra spicy!" It was Jiyun's turn to whine.

"It will cause heartburn my dear girl.... as well as worsen the morning sickness symptoms...."

"Ah." She thought. 'No wonder i've been feeling worse recently, it's due to my spicy diet......'

"Be a good girl and listen to me ok? It's for the sake of our baby..."

"I get it..... but how did you know so much about this?"

"I've been doing homework you know?" Reading all those books after all the schedules were completed for the day at the expense of his sleeping time indeed paid off.

"Huh? Oh Yoochun ah, Jaejoong's out from the showers, we gotta go!" She whispered and hung up as Jaejoong made his way towards her.

"Had a nice talk with him already?" Jaejoong asked cheekily while drying his wet hair with a towel.

"Wh... what are you talking about? I don't understand?" Jiyun stuttered and felt her ears become warm.

"You know, it's so obvious! Your smiling face is radiating with bliss!" Jaejoong replied. "You hubby must have said something sweet to you huh? I'm so envious.... awwww..." He added, making Jiyun blush even harder.

"Kim Jaejoong!"


Kang walked into the dance studio just as Yoochun had just gotten off the phone. He felt a big difference in the atmosphere around them.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"Never been better!" Yoochun replied with a smile, so brightly that it could have easily light up Junsu's entire house back when it had several blackouts in one night.

"Good!" Kang smiled. JYJ's Yoochun is finally back to his normal state, and he knew it was all thanks to Jaejoong. He knew it would be a good idea to send Jaejoong over to Singapore.

In addition to his role as a concert director to assist the editing of the production report, his sensitivity towards the female species made him someone who can understand them well. At least it worked well with Jiyun.

At the very same time, he knew Jaejoong probably figured out about Jiyun's pregnancy in some way or another. He was too sharp to not have noticed. At least Jaejoong, who is an expert in taking care of the female species due to his experiences with his 9 sisters, would be able to effectively take care of the workaholic Jiyun throughout this busy period.

Kang looked at Yoochun again, and thought to himself 'It's going to be a tough ride from now on...'



"Jiyun ah~" Jaejoong called out as he slotted a CD into the car's CD player.

"Hmmm?"

"I've been wondering, why is it that you guys have yet to become a couple?"

"Who?"

"Yoochunnie and Jiyunnie, who else?"

"That's simple. There's no reason for us to!"

"But you guys look compatible, and i'm sure anyone would agree that both of you have feelings for each other." Jaejoong replied with a puzzled look.

"It's not a mutual feeling....." Jiyun mumbled, but was overheard by Jaejoong.

"He doesn't....." She muttered under her breath. "He doesn't love me."

Jaejoong sighed. 'What an idiotic couple', he thought.

"You know, i've known Chunnie for close to nine years, but this is the first time that i've seen him so serious towards a girl..."

"Which girl?" Jiyun looked up. 'He has someone he likes?' She thought.

"You, idiot."

"Ha-ha-ha. Now that's funny."

"I wasn't joking...."

"We're here, let's get to the office now!" Jiyun interrupted and got out of her seat.


 "I don't think i will need to introduce this guy here with me, since everyone probably knows him...." Jiyun spoke as she ushered Jaejoong to his seat, and the meeting room was instantly filled with whispers and soft squeals of happiness.

Jaejoong nodded his head a little in acknowledgement in response to the presence of staff.

She took a quick peek at Jaejoong; his working mode was switched on again.

'Amazing how he can switch over in a second....' She thought to herself. They had just been joking with each other up till the office doors.

"What?" Jaejoong whispered when he saw Jiyun looking in his direction. "Falling for my charming looks?" He winked.

'BIG LIAR! WHERE HAS HIS SERIOUS MODE GONE TO?!' She screamed internally.

"I see you guys are getting along well!" Joon appeared from behind Jiyun and ruffled her hair before settling his arms on her shoulders.

Jaejoong stared at the scene before him. His jaw was dropping to the depths of the earth core (mentally).

'That is my sister-in-law! Get your filthy hands off her shoulder!!!!' He screamed mentally. He wasn't able to do anything about it. That would be too obvious.

He cleared his throat and tried to speak up, but Jiyun was faster than him.

"Boss~ Please remove your hand or i'll chop it off to feed the lions!" Jiyun spoke irritatedly.

"Whatttt..... i'm sad, my cute little girl has become so vulgur...." Joon took out his imaginary handkerchief and wiped his imaginary tears off.

"Hahaa!! Joon cut it out! Stop ually harassing Jiyun!!!" Staff one said jokingly.

"Yeah! Poor girl...." Another girl called out. She turned to Jaejoong and said "Director Kim, don't be shocked by this scene, we see it all the time. Joon means no harm though."

"Oh.... i see...ha..ha...?" Jaejoong forced a laugh.

He looked at the both of them. Although it seemed like it was just a joke, Jaejoong felt it was more than the normal teasing.

Jiyun did take it as a usual joke, but judging from Joon's expression, it meant more than that.

'He's in love with her.' Jaejoong thought.

He walked over to where the both of them were and seperated them, of course in a non conspicious way. And then the meeting proceeded.