Chapter 12

She's Having My Baby

A few hours passed by since the duos left and soon dawn came, implying that another busy day has arrived. It may be a weekend for the rest of the working elites, but for Jiyun, it just signifies another day of hell. After all, they were racing against time in order to get everything ready before the following Saturday comes. Artwork, sponsors, ticket sales, press release, advertisements and promotions, venue for press conference, stage setup etc. The list of things to be done was infinite.

Jiyun sighed all of a sudden. She was currently in Joon's car; they were heading to the concert venue for a quick meeting with the manager of the concert hall before they finalize on the stage design.

"Your boyfriend left just a few hours ago and you're already missing him?" Joon joked, looking over to Jiyun who merely rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Joon, did you fail your English? Or is it that you are unable to understand English sentences well? If not, why is it that you don't even understand a simple sentence like 'YOOCHUN AND I ARE NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP'?!" Jiyun reasoned, putting great emphasis on the last part of the sentence by shouting straight into Joon's ears.

"Damn, you are such a tigeress." Joon complained, rubbing his red and sore ear, which was already half deaf by now.

"Just trying to get the message across."

"Yeah right." He shrugged her off with merely two words.

Jiyun pouted in response and looked out of the window.

'At least that's the story you have been trying to psycho me with. Jiyun ah, do you think that our years of friendship is built on nothing? I know better than anyone else if you are lying. Jaejoong was right about your feelings... you do like Yoochun.'

He looked at Jiyun once again, who was now concentrating at the sketch in front of her and finding any abnormalities in the stage structural design.

'Oh well, if it's him i have no choice but to support them. They look so compatible together...' He thought and smiled a bitter smile.

"You know, many girls would love to be in your shoes; getting all the love and attention from Mr Romantic himself." Joon commented just as he made a turn into the carpark on his right.

"I didn't ask for it... besides, they don't understand what i'm going through now..." She stopped whatever she's doing and looked out into the distance, emotionless.

"The bliss?"

"No, the insecurities."

"Wait a minute, i don't get it. Insecurities?"

"The deeper you love, the harder you fall. Especially if you already know that everything started out due to obligation..." Jiyun looked down, tears already threatening to fall. Yoochun did mentioned that he had loved her even way before the incident, but knowing that the question that he had asked back then (about buying a smaller sized ring for his smallest finger) could possibly be a 'Yes', it just made her feel more insecure. She could have just went along with what he had said (in fact, she had really been led around foolishly in bliss yesterday), but she needed more confirmation. After all, they had started off on a wrong note and she didn't want to ruin his life if he didn't really love her.

"Huh? What obligation?" Joon queried as he successfully parked his car into the lot, at the same time jerking Jiyun out of her thoughts.

"No... nothing! Let's get going already!" Jiyun said and dashed out of the car immediately, leaving a confused Joon behind.

'Look at her, she's in denial but little does she know, she's already hopelessly in love with Yoochun...' Joon thought and shook his head before catching up to her. 


[[Later that night]]

"You'd better be calling with a good reason if not i'm gonna get omma to stop cooking meals for you." Jiyun spoke irritatedly once she answered the phone. She didn't need to check who the caller was. The caller himself had been the one who had set a self proclaimed 'special ringtone' solely for his calls.

"... I just missed hearing your voice?" The caller suggested.

"Pfft! Got any better answers?" She chuckled and for the first time in hours, decided on pausing the work that she has been rushing through to take a break.

"That aside, you sound wide awake? Shouldn't you be sleeping by now? My pretty but tired wifey should catch up with her beauty rest!"

"So that you can call and wake me up?" She interrupted so as to stop him from calling her 'wifey' again.

"Oops! I didn't really mean to do that but our rehearsals have only just ended, and i have to confess about something to you as soon as possible.."

"Must be hard on you guys..." Jiyun thought and glanced over to her wall clock, showing 3.45am.

"I don't mind! I have to work harder and earn a lot of money to buy milk and diapers for our baby!" He replied happily.

Jiyun was very certain that the idiot on the other side of the phone must be grinning widely at this very second. She rolled her eyes.

"Park. Yoo. Chun."

"Ah... ok ok i get it, don't be upset... our baby is going to get affected..." He replied meekly.

"If you have the time to be goofing around, why not make use of this opportunity to catch some sleep? You looked so tired yesterday..." Jiyun remembered seeing that he had been trying to keep himself awake the whole of yesterday.

"I'd rather make use of the time to talk to you."

"Nonsense~"

"ㅋㅋㅋ! But on a serious note... i'm sorry wifey..."

"Huh? Whatever for?" "You know about the promise i made that i'll be seeing you on Monday?"

"Weren't you just joking about it?" She joked. Although she has foreseen that her week will be rather hectic, she was still looking forward to spending some time alone with him.

"... I had seriously planned to fly to Singapore once our concert here is completed... but something urgent came up so i have to return to Korea immediately after the concert..." Yoochun muttered softly and guilt was filling his whole body.

"Oh....well... i... don't actually mind though, since i'll be busy the whole week..." Jiyun replied, feeling a little down but trying not to let her emotions be known to Yoochun.

"I do mind! There goes the quality time for our lovely dovely dates... oh wait a second, you'll be busy...???"

"Lots of stuff to settle before you guys head over here..." She yawned. The sleepy bug was creeping to her senses. Feeling tired, she started walking towards the kitchen for some coffee.

"Is that why you're still awake at this time?" He questioned carefully.

"Yeah..?"

"Aright, i'm so gonna send Jaejoong over to make sure you get your quality sleep... oh wait, he's needed at the office too... hmm Junsu perhaps? No, he isn't even able to take care of himself. Kang? No, he's busy... URGH! There's nobody i can send to look after you!" He muttered to himself, followed by getting annoyed from his own incompetency to take good care of Jiyun.

"Chun ah, i'm not a kid anymore... i don't need a babysitter."

"Jiyun ah, i know you are trying your hardest to make this concert successful, but please remember to think of your health too..."

"Yes sir, i'll keep that in mind!"

"I'm serious about this..." He spoke out worriedly over the phone.

"Ok, i get it... you have to take care of yourself too ok? You are getting thinner and thinner..." She replied with the same tone as him.

"Arrasoyo... Jiyun-ah, i think you should go get some sleep. It's so late already..."

"Hmm... 'kay... you too!"

"Alright, sleep tight! Dream of me tonight wifey!"

"No way! Night!" Jiyun replied and ended the call immediately.

'Sleep huh..?' She thought and looked at the freshly brewed coffee as it stood on the kitchen table, awaiting to serve its purpose. She looked at the coffee for one last time before making her way out of the kitchen, switching the lights off behind her.

'Let's just listen to him for today...' she thought and her belly, a little but unobvious bulge that had started to appear.


"Was she upset about it?" Jaejoong asked once he saw Yoochun's handphone leave his ear.

"Pretty much, although she was trying to cover up... argh, damn the drama audition!" Yoochun was majorly pissed.

"No choice, you agreed to try out for the drama since you like the storyline in the first place..." Jaejoong reasoned.

"Yeah..." Yoochun hung his head down in agony.

"So you have to make sure this audition is successful so that you won't let your future wife and kid down!" Jaejoong encouraged, pulling his phone out at the same time as a message came in.

"Right! I'll go practice my lines now! Thanks Jae!" Yoochun said happily and determined as he went rushing to find his trial script.

Jaejoong smiled. At both the guy that just dashed out and at the sms that just came in.

'Omma... can i really love him?'



A/N: A rather short filler chapter, but that's the best that i can do now. I'm rather down recently... D':