Chapter 3

She's Having My Baby

"Morning guys...'' Jiyun called out as she walked into the office, feeling rejuvinated from the long hours of sleep the day before.

"Hey Jiyun, i heard Yoochun sent you home yesterday? You guys are close huh, i'm so jealous!" A collegue queried just as Jiyun sat down on her office chair.

"Well, i guess we are considered as friends...? We aren't exactly close though...'' Jiyun replied as she thought about how they initially met.

They first met through a JYJ event run by her company. Some situations arose, leading Yoochun to save her from her precardiment. Since then, they had been keeping in close contact and had met up often.

"Hey, not fair! I took her home too! Why is Yoochun getting all the credit?" Joon pouted as he embraced Jiyun from behind, clearly in a joking mode. ''Jiyun, you feeling better now?"

"Yeah... i guess?''

''Aww... two knights in shinning armour, i'm so jealous!'' Colleagues joked as they got shoo-ed away by Joon.

"By the way, Yoochun is temporarily staying with me now."

"Eh?! Why not a hotel?"

''Apparently he came here in a rush so he didn't book for accomodation. Besides it's the peak season so he wasn't able to secure any rooms...''

''In a rush huh...?" Jiyun mumbled as she wondered if it was due to what Yoochun and her had discussed about the day before.

"Yeah, he wouldn't tell me why he came.'' Joon shrugged.

"I thought he was recording for the new album?" She suddenly remembered.

"He put it on hold, at least for his parts..."

"What... how irresponsible?!"

"But... he seemed troubled by something...'' Joon said with a tinge of worry shown on his face.

"Huh? Like what?" Jiyun immediately turned to face Joon.

"He wouldn't tell.... oh hi Yoochun!'' Joon said as he waved towards Yoochun, who was making his way towards their direction.

''Oh, hey...'' Yoochun slightly acknowledged.

"What brings you here again today?" Joon asked.

"Erm... i bought breakfast for Jiyun..." Yoochun replied as he placed the food on Jiyun's desk. ''You know, now that your body is.... different, you need to take in more nutrients. I know you always skip breakfast so... yeah eat up.'' He added as he turned to speak with Jiyun.

''Huh? Body different...?'' Joon queried.

''Ah! He must be referring to yesterday's incident! Thanks for your concern Yoochun-ssi! It's too crowded here so let's talk at the conference room yeah?!'' Jiyun said hastily as she pulled Yoochun away immediately.

''I see?'' Joon mumbled as he looked at the two speeding away.

 



"What are you doing here? Didn't i tell you to leave me alone?" Jiyun asked, feeling panicky due to the unexpected guest's arrival.

"Exactly what i've mentioned just now?" Yoochun answered with a puzzled look on his face.

"Well first of all, you shouldn't even be in Singapore! Whatever happened to recording?" Jiyun asked angrily.

"Ah... that...." Yoochun slowly replied as he got distracted by a phone call. He cancelled the call immediately and turned to face Jiyun. "You should know what i want from this trip."

"I don't." Jiyun turned away.

"Look, you do know. Don't deny...." Yoochun got cut off rudely by the phone call once again. "Aish... irritating calls!"

"Maybe you should consider picking it up.." She tried changing the topic.

"Nahs, I know why they are calling." Yoochun replied nochalantly as he pulled out the battery from the phone.

"Why?"

"I escaped from the recording. We have a tight deadline since we only booked the studio until end of this week...." Yoochun muttered guiltily.

"WHAT?! GET YOUR BACK TO WORK, YOU IDIOT!"

"Not until you agree to my proposal. Either accept me or break the hearts of a few hundred thousand JYJians."

"Now you're threatening me huh? Don't try to trick me, either way i will still break their hearts."

"Wow seems like the rumour about pregnant ladies being stupid is false huh?" Yoochun grinned happily.

Silence.

"Well look, let's make a deal ok? I won't accept your proposal but i will let you be my child's god-dad. This way you can still take care of the kid and see through baby's childhood. HOWEVER, you do not reveal your identity of being blood related to anyone, ok?" Jiyun offered a solution, but was twisting her finger at the back of her body. (ie: She's lying to Yoochun about letting him take care of the baby. In fact, she's just trying to shake him off.)


"But.... i want to get married with...." Yoochun insisted.

"Take it or leave it." Jiyun said, determined.

"But i want to be together with the girl i love and to take responsibility for my actions..." Yoochun muttered, so softly that even Jiyun cannot hear him.

"So how? If you don't agree to it i will immediately disappear and make sure nobody is able to contact me, ever."

"Hey that's threatening!" He protested.

"Who do you think i learnt it from?"

".........Fine." Yoochun finally relented. He figured that it was better to stay contactable, at least there is a higher likelihood of getting Jiyun to change her mind.

"Good boy. Now please go back to your recording immediately."

"Promise you won't disappear?"

"Yeah yeah... shoo"

"Remember to eat healthily! Call me if you are having any cravings! I'll rush to you!"

"...i don't think i will deploy someone who lives so far away....."

"I'll come by again soon! Let me know once you know our baby's gender! Oh wait, let me go to the checkup together with you!"

"That's MY baby. And won't you please get going already?" Jiyun was getting annoyed.

"....... so heartless..."

"Excuse me for being heartless.. go go go!" Jiyun said as she started pushing Yoochun out of the conference room and eventually out of the office.

"He's such a kid huh..." Joon commented as he leaned against the wall while looking at Yoochun's back leaving the office tower.

"I've pretty much gotten used to it though." Jiyun replied as she smiled, thinking of Yoochun's childish behaviour.

"heehhhh.... he's just barely left and you're already missing him huh?" Joon teased as he moved nearer towards Jiyun to see her blushing face.

"...n..No, nothing of that sort!" Jiyun muttered as she ran back to her desk and burried herself in work.