Chapter 19

She's Having My Baby

Jaejoong yawned slightly as he walked towards Jiyun's ward with Joon walking slightly ahead of him. He shook his head a little, hoping that it will at least wake him up a little. He had been interrogated by Joon the whole night and when he finally got the chance to take a short nap before dawn arrives, he found himself tossing and turning in bed. He couldn't sleep, not when he was worried about Jiyun's situation. Thus, he spent the next few hours brewing Jiyun's favourite porridge. He knew that hospital food, like every other ones in different countries, tend to be slightly not appetizing.

'Jiyun will definitely like this...' He thought, smiling to himself.

As they inched nearer to her ward, they felt their footsteps getting heavier and heavier.

Joon stopped in his tracks. Jaejoong looked up at the sudden halt.

"I'm scared, Jaejoong. I don't know why i'm feeling like that but i am scared." Joon confessed.

"I know, right. We're the same. But have strength bro. Jiyun's in there and she needs all the support she can get right now. We need to be her pillars of support..." Jaejoong gave a firm pat on his shoulder before walking on. Joon followed soon after. In times like this, Jaejoong was proving himself to be a good leader. Joon didn't regret spilling on Jiyun's situation to him.

"Wipe that frown away from your forehead, we're going in." Jaejoong warned. Joon nodded.

As the doors opened, they looked around before walking towards the bed. Jiyun was still sleeping. Jaejoong motioned for Joon to unwrap the flowers that they have gotten for her while he checked her condition.

Sunflowers. Hoping that her mood will become better seeing the happy and bright flowers.

He observed her face from up close. She was frowning in her sleep. He felt his heart break, seeing her in such a situation. He slightly smoothen the crease on her forehead with his index finger. 'Now that's better.' He thought.

"Is she any better yet?" He heard Joon whisper out to him.

"I think so. Look, she's not as pale as yesterday..." Jaejoong replied, looking down at the area where her belly is. "You're sure that her baby is alright?" He asked once again.

"Positive. You can ask the nurse if you don't believe me."

"Actually, i think i will. Not because i don't believe you, but i won't have a peace of mind until i hear it from them..." Jaejoong said. Joon nodded in understanding.

"Go ahead, i'll be here." Joon encouraged.

Jaejoong walked out on that note. He was glad that the nurse counter was very near her ward. If anything happens, he'll be able to rush over quickly.

Watching Jaejoong walk out, Joon made his way nearer to where Jiyun was lying at. He tried his best to walk slowly without making a single sound, but failed badly. For he had tripped over the movable table, sending the empty plastic cup crashing down the floor. So much so for trying to keep silent.

He winced at the sound of the crash. It was definitely loud enough to wake Jiyun up, he thought.

True enough, Jiyun slightly fidgeted on the bed a little as her eyelids moved a little, indicating that she was on the verge of waking up.

Joon flinched. After a little while, he walked towards Jiyun as he heard some murmurings from her.

"Jiyun... are you awake?" He asked.

"Mmmm... Joon..? What are you doing here? Where am i?" She asked weakly, turning her head left and right, slowly taking in her surroundings.

"You're in the hospital. You fainted, remember?" He carefully said.

With that, Jiyun practically snapped. She looked at him in shock, bringing her hands to her bulge as she tried to sit up right, obviously failed since she was still very weak.

"Jiyun?! What are you doing? You shouldn't be moving about right now...?!" Joon tried hard to persuade the frantic looking woman in front of him.

"My baby, where's my baby...???" She mumbled to herself weakly, not caring her aching back anymore.

"Jiyun ah... don't... no what are you doing now?! Stay on the bed! JAE COME BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY!" Joon said in shock as Jiyun tried to forcefully get down from the bed. Him alone was not enough to stop this stubborn girl from getting out was what he thought at that moment. "JAE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" He shouted once again.

"Alright alright, i'm coming in... oh god! What is happening?! What have you done?!" Jaejoong said in panic as he reached over to Jiyun's shoulders while Joon took her kicking legs.

"She just suddenly behaved like this!" Joon protested.

"Jiyun ah.. Jiyun?! I'm Jaejoong, Jaejoong umma is here..." Jaejoong said, trying to snap her out of her trance.

"My baby... where is my baby? I'm going to find my baby...." Jiyun mumbled almost incomprehensibly. She was looking towards at Jaejoong, but her eyes weren't focusing.

"Jiyun.... your baby is fine.. it's still swimming happily in your womb." Jaejoong replied assuringly.

Jiyun looked straight into his eyes, searching for any traces of lies. It had nothing like that. She looked over to Joon, who nodded in agreement.

"I even checked with the nurses outside just now..." Jaejoong added.

Jiyun looked down at her belly, where her bulge was at. She placed both her hands over it and felt. It felt warm and very much alive. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. "Thank goodness....!!!" She said, still crying.

Jaejoong took a good look at Jiyun before pulling her into his embrace. If there was anything he is afraid of, it would be seeing Jiyun cry. He had a soft spot for the now crying girl in front of him.

"Hush hush... everything is alright now..." He said as he patted her back gently, comforting her slowly.


[Days Later]

"Jiyunnie ah, we're here!" Jaejoong said as he peeked into the room from the door.

"Princess Jiyun! Missed me?" Joon added, showing a cute expression which made Jaejoong cringed.

Jiyun chuckled.

"Oh! You smiled! Joon ah! Did you see it?!" Jaejoong said excitedly as he walked briskly towards Jiyun.

"Yes i did! Such a pretty sight...." Joon added, making Jiyun smile wider.

"Stop it guys, you're making me uncomfortable... we all know that i'm in a terrible mess right now." Jiyun said. She slightly forced a little smile, which Jaejoong caught on.

Jaejoong sighed. He knew that Jiyun was still in her distressed mode. It was all too obvious to Jaejoong, that Jiyun was faking her smiles. He know that she didn't want to make the two guys in front of her worry, which is why he didn't intend to tear away her smiling facade.

'She's smiling outside but crying in her heart....' He thought.

"You'll always be the goodness in my heart~ Jiyun-ah~" Joon spoke smoothly.

"Gosh! Get lost, you're so greasy!" Both Jiyun and Jaejoong said, before throwing pillows towards Joon's direction.

[A/N: OOOO!!! I just realised! Jiyun, Jaejoong, Joon! 3Js!!! MUAHAHAHAH!!! <3]

"Hey! It's from the bottom of my heart kay?!" Joon protested and waved his hands up, surrendering. However, at the slight vibration of his phone, he stood still. He had a phone call.... which he refused to pick up.

"Get that call you greasy man~" Jaejoong joked, getting out the homemade food that he had made for Jiyun earlier on at Joon's house. Jiyun cheered to herself silently, but once again was noticed by Jaejoong. He chuckled a little, covering his laugh with his hand. His trademark move.

"I don't think i should...." Joon said nervously, clearly disturbed by who the caller was. His phone was still buzzing busily.

"Who is it? A girlfriend you just ditched?" Jiyun joked along.

"It's..... Yoochun."

"Oh." Both Jaejoong and Jiyun replied.

The buzzing finally stopped.

"Well.... this is awkward...." Joon said truthfully.

"Yeah...." Jaejoong said, constantly looking at Jiyun's direction. She was completely silent.

After a few moments of awkwardness, she finally moved. She reached for the phone that had been hidden behind her pillow, revealing a lighted up phone. Apparently her phone had been bombarded with phone calls as well. Jaejoong looked at the phone screen once the incoming call stopped.

'99 missed calls from 'Hubby PYC <3'

"Wow." Jaejoong uttered out in disbelieve.

"Jiyun ah, what are you going to do about this? He deserves to know about this as well...." Joon asked, but was rudely cut off by her.

"I'm not going to let him know."

"What are you thinking? Are you going to pretend nothing happens and continue with life like this?" Joon asked again, worried that if this goes on, she may be in trouble once again. Never underestimate the power of fans, or in this case, the antis.

"I don't know." Jiyun replied truthfully. "I just don't want him to know about this. But i don't want to get him into trouble too. I think i'll break off with him. It's going to end up like this sooner or later anyway... i shouldn't have harboured any thoughts that we will really end up 'happily ever after'." Jiyun mumbled under her breath.

"Jiyun ah.... JAEJOONG! HELP ME PERSUADE HER!" Joon said worriedly. He wasn't much of a good persuader, but he is sure that Jaejoong will do a better job than him. Jaejoong didn't budge.

"It's ok, i know my limits. Staying with him will only bring me more hurt. Besides, my baby will only suffer if anything like this happens again. I don't want to endanger my baby's life again you get what i mean?" She reasoned.

"But Jiyun ah..."

"Leave it Joon, she's right...." Jaejoong finally spoke.

Joon looked at Jaejoong in shock.

"You would've said the same if you had seen how they treated her." Jaejoong said, recalling of that one time when she got surrounded by the girls. He shuddered just thinking about it. It may be a common sight for Jaejoong, he was used to it. But for an emotionally unstable pregnant lady like Jiyun, it was just too much for her to handle. Her fainting was the best example, and Yoochun failed to notice that by himself.

 "True, but shouldn't Yoochun be the one who stands by her at this crucial moment?" Joon tried to persuade.

"At this crucial moment, all he brings is hurt and danger. You can't deny it for this is all the product of his presence in Jiyun's life. I regret for bringing them back together again then." Jaejoong confessed. 'It would've been better if it all stopped during that misunderstanding....' He thought.

Joon sighed. He knew that Jaejoong was right. Right in a wrong way, but he couldn't deny that Jaejoong was still right. Letting Yoochun know about this would practically be throwing Jiyun into the middle of a pack of hungry wolves. 'Jiyun couldn't possibly handle all this, she'll definitely go into a depression or even worse, be a suicidal case.'

"You're right..." Joon finally said. "But what do we do? Yoochun will come to know about this sooner or later. Remember how he flew all the way down just because Jiyun wasn't picking up her phone?" Joon reminded. He remembered it clearly as Jaejoong had been the one who had told him about it just days ago.

"Jiyun ah." Jaejoong spoke out, calling for her attention. 

Jiyun turned to look at him. Joon too. Apparently he had succeeded in getting both their attention, for the room had come to a complete standstill.

"Come with me to Korea."


A/N: <3 This quick update is to make up for my 10+ days of absence ~^^

Hang on tight, the rollercoaster ride is still moving on!