Chapter 20

She's Having My Baby

[A Few Days Later]

"JIYUN AH! Where are you?! I know you're hiding in here somewhere!" An intruder suddenly made his way into the office to the delight of many, judging by their little squealing party.

"Jiyun!!!" He continued, not caring about his current surroundings. He had been desperately trying to find the mentioned woman for days, but all of his efforts to contact her were to no avail. He really should've been in Korea at this time of the day, filming for his new drama 'Miss Ripley'. But how could he have the mood to do that when his own wife-to-be was currently missing?

"Jiyun!!!! Come out now!!!" He screamed once agin, kicking the nearest object to show his irritation. It obviously backfired on him as he was wearing his usual flip flops. (A/N: I HAD to write this! I was getting irritated cos of his love for flip flops :P). Wincing and crouching down due to pain, he didn't realise that another figure was walking hurriedly towards his direction. He had evidently heard all the ruckus that the intruder was making from inside his room.

"Yoochun?" He asked, not at all startled by the knowledge that he was standing (well, crouching) in front of him. They had expected this day to arrive, only sooner.

"Joon! Where have you been hiding her?! This is not funny anymore! Don't play hide and seek with me, please!" Yoochun pleaded as he realised who was standing in front of him.

"We'll take this conversation inside my room, please." Joon tried to calm him down and to stop making a scene outside where all his staff are, but the panic-stricken man had obviously lost all his common sense.

"Where's she???" He persisted.

"PARK YOO CHUN! IN MY ROOM, NOW!" Joon shouted and pointed towards the direction of his room. He had no intention to do this, but something had to be done about this near-mental guy. It worked, much to the delight of Joon. Yoochun trudged towards the direction of Joon's room, quietly.

Once they were in the room, Joon immediately lowered the curtain blinds of his windows. He knew that his nosey staff will definitely be plastering themselves on his room in order to find out what happened. Hence he hesitated before starting to speak.

"Yoochun ah...."

"Joon! You know what's happening, don't you? You have been ignoring my calls as well!" He interrupted without letting Joon have a chance to speak.

"Shouldn't you be filming right now?" Joon asked, trying to change the topic.

"I pleaded the director to finish filming my parts quickly so that i can make this trip down to find Jiyun. I promised her i wouldn't be irresponsible towards work."

"I see...." Joon said. "If that's the case, you may leave now." He added.

"What do you mean? Leave now?" Yoochun queried, not getting what Joon was trying to say.

"Jiyun is not here anymore. She resigned."

"Yeah, you're telling me that? Like i'll believe. I know how much she love this job. Stop sprouting nonsense!" Yoochun said, getting a little agitated.

"If you don't believe me, take a look at her desk." Joon said, pulling the curtain blinds up to prove his point. It immediately showed a lot of of his staff with their ears stuck on the glass panels of the window, of which they fled upon seeing the drawn curtain, showing a complete view of the office.

Yoochun looked into the direction of Jiyun's desk hoping to see the usual mess on her table, only to see an empty one instead. He turned his head towards Joon immediately in shock.

"Told you." Joon commented nonchantly. "Thanks to her sudden resignation, i'm trying desperately to find a replacement."

"But?! I don't get it! We were doing so fine, why did she just disappear on me?! What did i do wrong?!"

"Yoochun..."

"Tell me, i'll do ANYTHING! Just to get her back!"

"Face the music, she's gone. There's nothing you can do."

"NO! Joon ah! You do know where she is right?! Tell me!!"

"I dont'." Joon replied, looking away full of guilt. Yoochun was too upset to have noticed it.

"But why...?" He said dejectly.

"Maybe this will explain everything?" Joon said, drawing out an envelope from his top drawer. He passed it to Yoochun, whom instantly tore the folds apart to retrieve the letter inside. A ring dropped out of the envelope in the process, making clinking sounds as it made contact with the floor.

Yoochun looked at the ring. It was the one he had given to Jiyun. He fell onto the floor, unable to think straight. Retriving it slowly now, he took a look at the ring. The precious one, the one with a promise attached to it. He unfolded the letter that Joon has passed to him.

Dear Yoochun,

I know we have made a pact about us. I know the deadline hasn't ended yet.

But it's all over now, for i have lost the baby. I had a miscarriage. Now with the hinderance gone, i guess you are free to do anything you want. We are not bound by anything anymore, so good luck to your future, without me, without Amber.

Do not bother looking for me, just move on. Live your life to the fullest. As you've always mentioned, "Always Keep the Faith". Keep on moving, never give up on what you believe in. Do your best for the people who loves you! Don't disappoint your fans!

Love,
Jiyun


Yoochun sat there in silence.

"She.... lost our baby...?" He mumbled to himself.

Joon looked at him, his heart almost breaking for the saddened soul in front of him. He fought back all of his temptations to just reveal the truth to him completely but he remembered, that him as the current Yoochun, was unable to protect Jiyun.

He remembered what Jaejoong had told him in private just before Jiyun and him left on their flight the night before.

"I know its hard, but please endure from telling Yoochun anything about Jiyun. The present him is unable to promise Jiyun anything. The present him isn't able to protect her. In a nutshell, he's just a child who only knows how to love. He needs to learn how to deal with the cold hard reality. Until this day comes, until Yoochun grows up and learns how to really protect someone, please don't reveal anything. If he still doesn't realise anything even after this incident, then Jiyun might as well jolly well move on and find a better man." With that, Jaejoong bowed to Joon and left.

"Yoochun, get your act together. Move on, like what she has mentioned."

"You know i can't do that...."

"You still gotta do that! Look, the whole world is waiting for you! Your drama, your music, your US concerts!"

"Without her i might as well just give up on everything else..."

Joon scoffed.

"Park Yoochun, whatever happened to your 'Always Keep the Faith'?!"

Yoochun stopped in his tracks.

"Just because Jiyun left you, you're going to ruin your entire career that you have been working on since young?! How do you think Jiyun will feel if she knows about this? Why do you think she even left you for?! Can't you just use your brains a little?!" Joon was seriously angry. He had just realised that the guy in front of him was stupid when it comes to matters of the heart.

"Joon...?" Yoochun asked after a little while.

"WHAT?"

"Do you mean... Jiyun left me cause of my fans?"

"This conversation is what i would like to call 'over'. Bye" Joon said and pushed him out of the office, hiding behind the doors to calm himself down.

'I didn't spill anything out, did i?' Joon thought.


[Back in Korea]

"Are you tired?" Jaejoong asked as he carefully helped Jiyun carry her luggage into his house.

"Just a little..." She replied, slowly massaging her head a little. She had to admit, all these dramas had proved to be a toil on her. Jaejoong put down her luggage and helped her massage her shoulders a little, easing her of her fatigue.

"Do you want to go get some rest first?" He asked, pushing her into the living room.

"Yeah i guess so.... Jaejoong...?!" She looked up in shock.

"Yes?" He asked cheekily, acting as if the scene in front of him was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Did you steal a sakura tree from outside?" She asked, walking nearer to the sakura tree that was in full bloom at the corner of his living room.

"Yeah i did, isn't she pretty?" He replied, going along with the joke.

Jiyun threw a dirty look at him.

"Whatttt?!" He chuckled a little, waving his hands up to prove his innocence.

"I wonder how you got this in." Jiyun continued, returning her focus back on to the sakura tree.

"Oh well, it's easy. I just forced the whole thing in." Jaejoong replied nonchantly.

"Really?!"

"Nope?"

"Humph!"

Jaejoong laughed out loud. He was glad that Jiyun had lighten up a lot since they arrived at Korea, and had failed to resist the temptations to trick her a little.

"Seriously, you wouldn't want to know how i did that. It was so unglam." Jaejoong revealed. He recalled about how he had to carry those big boxes of twigs and flowers into the room (he had purchased them online as usual), and had struggled to piece them up bit by bit.

"I can totally imagine." Jiyun joked. She made her way into the kitchen, and commented "Your kitchen looks new too?"

"Dejavu!" Jaejoong shouted happily.

"Pfft!"

"I clean up my mess after cooking~ Unlike a certain someone who constructs a kitchen as a showcase~" Jaejoong teased, making Jiyun blush from embarrassment.

"I... i do cook, for your information!" She protested.

"Oh... is that so...? I don't remember eating any of your homemade food ever since i know you....?"  

"Well, now you do! I'll cook dinner tonight!"

"Good! So i'll be expecting your warmth filled dinner tonight?" Jaejoong said as he turned and made his way towards his room....

"Well, actually, nope."

Jaejoong stopped in his tracks. "Backing out so soon?" He turned back to face Jiyun, ready for another round of teasing when,

"Mr Kim, you have nothing in your fridge except for beers."
 


A/N: There, there! No cliffhangers now! :P