Meant To Be

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Sakura sighed as she recognized a familiar back that she used to saw everyday. It was her ex-wife, Eunbi, walking at the same direction as her to the teachers room. Sakura contemplates whether she called Eunbi or just let her walk ahead, but since it was about their oldest daughter, it would be the best if they had a discussion first. Sakura cleared .

"Hey, Eun."

Sakura hold her breath as her ex-wife turns her head. Still beautiful as ever. 

"Oh, hey. I didn't know they called you too."

Sakura shrugged her shoulders and hesitantly fastened her pace. Now both adults are walking in the same pace.

"Did you know why they called us here?"

Sakura saw Eunbi shake her head from the corner of her eyes.

"I thought you would know. I mean, since she was living with you."

Sakura sighed.

"But she's more open to you than me."

Eunbi hummed.

"She didn't tell me anything though."

Without them knowing, theh have arrived at the teachers room. Sakura opened the door for her ex-wife before she follows her inside. There they saw Chaewon, their oldest daughter, with her teacher.

"Ah, Mrs. Miyawaki. Thank you for coming in such a short notice."

Sakura smile and took a seat accross her daughter. She gave her daughter an eyebrow raise, which replied by a shrug. The teacher looking at Eunbi who was still standing.

"Mrs. Miyawaki?"

Eunbi snapped back to reality and hurriedly took a seat beside Sakura.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Chaewon's teacher smile before looking at Chaewon's parents direction.

"You might be wondering why I called you here. Don't be afraid, as I called other parents as well. I'm just here to report about her progress at school and have a discussion about her."

Both parents sighed in reliefs while Chaewon just rolled her eyes.

"You see, Chaewon is a very bright students. She helps her friends, her grades are surely somewhere on top of the class. And we noticed there are lots of students who wants to be friends with her."

Eunbi smile proudly at her daughter.

"Isn't that wonderful, Chae."

The teacher smile.

"It is. But she tends to be shy around new people, and it seems to me that she can't really open up about her feelings."

Sakura rubbed the back of her neck shamefully.

"Uh.. I guess I have to apologise for that one."

Eunbi turn her head to her ex-wife.

"Don't be. Not everyone could open up easily about her feelings."

Sakura place her hands on top of the table.

"Yeah, but it's not good for kids her age to hide her feelings,"

Sakura turns her head to the teacher.

"Right, ma'am?"

The teacher smile and nodded.

"It is not good, but we musn't force her to speak up if she was uncomfortable. Maybe start open up about her feelings with someone she's close with will help her slowly expressed her feelings better in the future."

Sakura rubbed her chin.

"I see. Ok, don't worry kiddo. We gonna fixed this together, okay? You and me."

Eunbi rolled her eyes.

"Hey, she can also talk to me? Or Wonyoungie? Right?"

Sakura furrowed her brows.

"I mean, she could. But she's living with me so it will be easier for both of us to start working on that first, no?"

Ignoring her bickering parents, Chaewon turn her head to her teacher.

"It's gonna take awhile for them to reach to an agreement. Do you have anything else to say to them, ma'am?"

They teacher smile sheepisly at Chaewon and nodded. Chaewon turn her head to her parents and raised her arm.

"Stop!"

Instantly, her parents stop arguing and turn their head to Chaewon. Unbothered by her parents stare, Chaewon turn her head to the teacher.

"You can continue, ma'am."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter