Source of Colors

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Miyawaki Sakura was born with Achromatopsia, a rare type of color blindness. It was a type of color blindness known for a complete color blindness, means that Sakura could only see the world in grey, black and white. She thought it was normal. She thought that was what everyone see. Nothing except grey, black and white.

Kim Minju was a painter, at least that's what she hoped for. She's been struggling with colors eversince elementary school. She was called a prodigy, but she hated that. She was just playing with her brush on her canvas when her art teacher proclaimed that it was a masterpiece. Ever since that day, people keep expecting Minju to keep painting. But she hated it ever since.

Stuffed with all the expectation, Minju ran away from her house one day. She was too stressed out. She wanted to stop painting, no matter how much she loved it. She ran away, withouth knowing where to go. Hell, she don't care. She was already 18. She was free to do whatever she wants.

She stopped at the banks of the river, all by herself. She take a deep breath, and scream on top of her lungs. Satisfied, she wipe the sweats on her forehead, until she heard a voice from the grass. She observes it, until she found someone actually sleeping in there. No, scratch that. She was awake now. Minju rubbed her neck, feeling embarrassed and guilty for disturbing someone's nap. 

"S-sorry, I thought I was alone."

The figure gave Minju a lopsided smile and waved her hand.

"Nah, it's okay. The fault is mine, for sleeping at public place."

Silence came between the two. Minju saw the girl was looking straight at the river. Hesitantly, she joined the girl by sutting beside her wordlessly. They enjoyed the silence, eventhough their first meeting was quite awkward.

"What's your name?"

The girl smile and offered her hand. Minju took at and shake it.

"Miyawaki Sakura. What's your name, pretty girl?"

Minju blushed and cleared . 

"Kim Minju. May I know whyy are you sleeping in here?"

Minju break the silence. The girl chuckled.

"I'm homeless."

Minju gasped softly. She then heard the girl laugh.

"Sorry, that's a lie. I was just... feeling it."

Minju stare at the girl confusedly.

"... Feeling what?"

The girl grinned.

"The green."

--

"Sakura unnie?"

Minju called the girl who was playing with the water fountain. Sakura turned her head and smile at the familiar figures.

"Ah, Minju. You're not gonna scream in here, aren't you?"

Sakura clearly teasing Minju. Minju blushed and almost hit the girl, but slowly retreat her hand as they are not considered close, yet. After Minju and Sakura's first meeting at the river banks, they actually talk a lot. Sakura was three years older than Minju, and currently studying at a prestigious Law school. Her apartement was quite close with Minju's home, as she offered to walk Minju home, once she knew Minju was running away. Although Minju hid the fact that she was a painter, as she think that was nothing important, Sakura openly told her about her color blindness. It's been a week since their river banks meeting. Minju look at her questionningly.

"What are you doing?"

Sakura grinned and shake her hands while Minju tried to dodge the waters that flew into her directions. Minju sat at a bench near the fountain, while Sakura joined her shortly.

"Feeling the blue."

Minju hummed. She took the towel near Sakura's backpack and tossed it to the older girl.

"So, how does it feels?"

Sakura just smile and wiped her hands with her towel.

"Fresh, cold."

Again, they was staying beside each other, with silence engulfed them. But Minju secretly likes it. She was too used for people constantly showered her with praises, or critique. So she really appreciate the silence. Sakura, on the other hand, was actually pretty nervous. She didn't think that she will met Minju again. At least not this soon.

Sakura might can't see colors, but she definitely could see pretty girl. And Minju was not just pretty. She was... fascinating. Her face was too good for human. And Sakura was smitten ever since their firts meeting. And one think that she really likes from the younger girl. Minju didn't troed to test her color blindness. Everyone, and she means by everyone was her parents, her cousins, uncles, aunties, friends, teachers, even strangers, start testing her with her color blindness. As if that was fascinating for them, but not for Sakura. She was tired being treated like that. And Minju was the only one, except her grandfather, who didn't test her blindness in colors.

Sakura eyeing the bags on Minju's hand.

"Going somewhere?"

Minju look at her bag and sligthly pushed it on her back. And that was not go unnoticed by Sakura. But the older one just keep her silent. 

"Nowhere.."

Sakura hummed. They are watching the water in the fountain, dancing. It was interesting sight, at least for Minju, as Sakura's mind was somewhere else. Sakura turned her head, and stare at Minju's side profile. Damn this girl was too beautiful. Feeling the stare, Minju turned her head, and staring straight at Sakura's eyes. Sakura gulped, as she got caught staring, and turned her head elsewhere.

"Hey, Min. Are you busy this weekend?"

Minju pondered for a bit and shake her head.

"I guess not. Why?"

Sakura grinned.

"Help me describe the colors."

--

Minju stare at the crowded place in front of them. Sakura took her to the market. While Sakura walked ahead of her, Minju was still confused why the older girl taking her here. Minju jog a little, trying to catch up with Sakura.

"Unnie, why are we here?"

Sakura g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter