Last Name

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night is getting deeper, and there are several empty bottles in front of Chaewon. The girl must have drunk by now, judging how she lowers her head although her hand is still holding a bottle of beer. The bartender who’s in charge at her table starts looking around, trying to see if the drunken girl in front of her was with someone. As in with a cue, another girl takes a vacant seat beside Chaewon, making the drunk girl lift her head to check on the stranger.

“Hi, is this seat empty?”

Chaewon stares at the other woman beside her. What a beauty.. She thought to herself.

“It’s rude to stare, miss…?”

Chaewon blinked her eyes before she realized it was indeed rude. Chaewon immediately straightened her posture and put the bottle on the table.

“I’m sorry, you’re probably the most gorgeous human being I’ve seen tonight so I couldn’t help but stare…”

The other woman chuckled before she gave a signal of her order to the bartender. Then, she turned her attention back to Chaewon.

“You must have not yet gone to the bathroom tonight.”

Chaewon tilted her head, feeling confused with the question.

“Why is that?”

The woman thanked the bartender for her drink and took a little sip. The woman smiles behind her glass.

“Because you’re the most gorgeous person I’ve ever seen tonight. Maybe you should check yourself out first.”

Chaewon stares at the woman, before she finally feels the hotness on her cheeks. Chaewon covered her face and hurriedly took her beer and chugged it down, a way to cover her shyness. The other woman just laughed as she found it quite cute.

“Oh right, where is my manner. My name is Sakura, what should I call you, miss? Mine?”

Chaewon laughed heartily, at this point she didn't even try to cover her glowing cheeks and hoped the other woman just thought she was drunk. Chaewon took Sakura’s hand that was waiting for her.

“Kim Chaewon. You can call me Chaewon.”

Today marks a month of the unexpected and drunken meeting with Sakura. That night, both of them basically and literally talked all night, with no further action. Chaewon was actually expecting to wake up in an unknown room with a gorgeous lady beside her. That’s why it was quite surprising that she woke up with a familiar ceiling and her sisters gushing over how a gorgeous person just dropped her off. To her surprise, Sakura texted her first to ask about her condition. Ever since then, they’ve been talking, texting, and even going out for dinner and drink.

Tonight is no exception. Sakura has asked her to go out for dinner after work, and Chaewon agreed. She’s been trying to finish her job quickly so she could have time to freshen up before their dinner.

“Yena unnie, hurry up!!”

Since Chaewon got some time to freshen up before their dinner, she decided to go home and choose a proper dress for the dinner date. Yes, a date. At least that’s what she keeps thinking about their numerous dinner plans and meet ups. And now, because she’s at home, she asked her older sister a favor to drop her off at the restaurants.

“Okay, okay! Geez, at least let me wear proper clothes!”

Grumpily, Chaewon’s sister went out of her room and snatched the motorbike key, which made Chaewon frowned.

“... You’re going to drop me off on my date night with a motorbike.”

Yena looked over her shoulder to her sister, who was now staring at her, unamused. Even though Yena is the oldest one, in this house, Chaewon was the one who set the rules. Yena is basically at the bottom of the hierarchy in this house. Yena immediately switched to car keys and rubbed the back of her neck.

“I-it was a mistake! Come on!”

Chaewon rolled her eyes at her now running sister and turned her head to the youngest, who had her eyes glued on the screen.

“We’re going out, Yuri. I'll tell Yena unnie to buy some dinner before going back.”

“Okay, have fun.”

“I hope you’re not waiting too long.”

Chaewon was greeted by a bouquet of flowers consisting of white Camellia, Aster, and blue Salvia. Sakura must have come straight from her office, considering how she is still wearing her navy blue suit with her hair being tied on a high ponytail. After accepting the bouquet, Sakura went straight away to kiss her on the cheek.

Chaewon wanted to scream but she knew it was not appropriate to scream in the restaurant.

“Um… no, I uh… I just got here too.”

Chaewon stuttered. Sakura took a seat in front of her, and after Chaewon put down the bouquet, they chose their meal and had a light conversation about their work.

Dinner was amazing so far. Great food, great wine, great ambience, great service, and absolutely perfect companion. This is, by far, their best dinner ever. Chaewon was perfectly satisfied with everything. She even got some spare time to freshen up before coming here, and chose a perfect dress for this occasion. Not too formal, but a little y. Perfect.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter