Memories

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

“.. If you keep doing that, let’s just break up.”

Sakura blinked her eyes repeatedly before she looked up at the younger girl who was wiping her eyes so much, making it red and swollen.

“Min-”

“I can’t, unnie. You know I can’t watch you getting hurt. I make you promise not to get hurt and just stay away from… that world. But no. You broke your promise, unnie.”

Sakura took a step forward, making Minju take hers backward. Sakura bit her lips, holding the tears that threatened to fall.

“Min, please-”

Minju swatted Sakura’s hand away from her.

“I trust you, Kkura unnie, but I’m tired. I’m tired of being worried. I’m tired of waiting for you to come back home. I’m-”

And then Minju breaks down. The sounds of wailing echoes through the house. Sakura stares up, as her tears now fall down as she listens to Minju mumbling incoherent things through her hands and choking on her sobs. Sakura wiped her tears harshly.

“I’m sorry…”

--

Sakura fixed her sunglasses before she dug around her pocket to find her cigarettes and lighter. She lights the cigar, blows a puff of smoke before clenching the cigarettes between her pale, boney fingers.

It’s been five years since her break up with her first love, Kim Minju. Ever since the break up, she never jumped into any relationship, just a couple hooks up. After that day, she decided to move out of the city, never look back. There are times where she wished she could go back, all clean, and ask for Minju’s forgiveness. But she dived too deep to get out of the gang things.

For the last five years, Sakura managed to make herself known in the underworld. She usually prefers to work alone, as she thought doing these dirty jobs means that she must not be attached with anyone. Not even a partner in crime. But after she got herself almost killed and got saved by this one gang, Sakura decided that it is time to give up doing all these things alone and joined the gang. After all, it will benefit her more to have a back up.

“Oh, Miyawaki-san. You’re here.”

Sakura fully inhaled the smoke with her lungs before she flicked the cigarette into the gutter. She straight up her body, dusting her pants before she walked to this woman who was smiling at her.

“Welcome to the family. My name is Honda Hitomi, and I’ll be the one who guides you around here.”

Sakura nodded wordlessly before she followed Hitomi from behind. She was looking straight ahead, but from the corner of her eyes, she could see some of the gang members were looking at her directions. Hitomi’s giggle makes her stare at her confusedly.

“Don’t mind them, Miyawaki-san. You’re quite famous around here, that’s why the kids are looking at you.”

Sakura hummed. It was quite uncomfortable for her to be stared like this, but she ignored them. But she’ll definitely kill them if they are still staring at her like she was some kind of attraction in the zoo tomorrow.

“Here’s our weaponry. That’s Choi Yena, the head of this place. She’s-”

At the mention of her name, Yena looked up from her Switch before she grinned and waved her hand.

“Well, well! The infamous Cherry Blossom finally joined a gang! What a lucky bastard we are! Welcome to the family!”

Sakura eyed the stretched hand of Yena, before her gaze went back to Yena’s face. Yena chuckled and pulled her hand back.

“Geez, living up to the name ‘Cold Cherry Blossom’ aren’t you? Be my guest if you have a mission!”

Sakura nodded her head before she turned back her body, following Hitomi who had left the place.

“She’s a gamer, that explained all the game consoles in her place. Oh and, she might look harmless, but she’s the most agile member here. Smart too. Just don’t mess with her woman, Chaewon, and you’re good.”

HItomi brought her around the HQ. She met Kim Chaewon, one of the strategyst, Kang Hyewon, a sniper, Jo Yuri and Yabuki Nako, part of the medics. They were on their way to the highest floor, where the head of the gang resided. The head, known as ‘Deadly Feather’, was the one who saved Sakura when she was kidnapped. Hitomi halted her steps right in front of the door, she looked like she was trying to hear any sound.

“Sorry but this is where she lived so I have to make sure she’s not… doing anything.”

Hitomi cleared , trying to hide her blushes. Sakura smirked inwardly, thinking how cute the shorter girl is.

“I think it’s safe. Come.”

Hitomi makes sure to knock loudly three times before she opens the door. She let Sakura come first before she closed the main door and led Sakura to where the head was.

“Chaeyeon unnie, it’s Hii. She’s here.”

They heard a faint ‘come in’ and Hitomi pushing through the doors. It was a huge room, accompanied by several sofas, boards, and a huge desk where Chaeyeon was sitting. Chaeyeon’s face beamed at the sight of Sakura, and beside her was a petite woman with short hair and blonde hair. Chaeyeon immediately stood up, walking towards their direction as she spread her arms.

“Finally, the infamous ‘Cold Cherry Blossom’ joined my family at last! Welcome, Miyawaki-san!”

Sakura lowered her gaze to Chaeyeon’s arms before she looked back at Chaeyeon. Both are staring at each other, in awkward moments, until a giggled break the awkwardness.

“Come on, Chae. She probably doesn’t like to be held. Hi, welcome to the family.”

The blonde woman made her way to Chaeyeon’s arms instead before Chaeyeon grinned and gave her a kiss.

“Right, sorry. This woman right here is Kwon Eunbi, the love of my life.”

And then, Chaeyeon’s eyes changed.

“Make a move with her, you’re out of this world.”

But Sakura didn’t budge. She has no interest in the petite woman, but it seems like there is something in the petite woman’s eyes when she is staring at her. They heard a clap from behind. Although, Chaeyeon’s gaze made her flinch. And it was the first time she was reacting like that.

“Okay, enough with this! It’s supposed to be a good day, unnie! No need to scare her like that.”

Chaeyeon’s eyes finally back and she looks relaxed. But not her arms that were circled around Eunbi’s waist.

“Right, sorry. Now, let’s head to the main room! We’re having a feast tonight to welcome you!”

--

After the chaotic dinner that was prepared to welcome her, Sakura finally finds herself a peace inside her room. Because she was now a part of the Enozi family, this was her new home. Sakura placed her bag beside the table and lay down on the bed. It was exhausting, socializing. A heavy sigh escaped before she turned her head, looking out of the window watching the moonlight. It was pretty.

It reminds her of Minju.

“Guess who~”

Sakura smirked as she could easily tell this soft hands and that soft, husky voice belongs to. But of course Sakura pretends not knowing who it was and acting like nothing happened.

“Ah.. Suddenly my head feels heavy. Hmm I wonder what’s wrong.”

Sakura smirked as she heard a gasp from behind. The moment she felt the hands loosened, Sakura immediately turn her body and hold Minju’s waist, taking Minju to her laps. Her yelping makes Sakura laugh.

“Unnie~!”

Sakura ignores her whine and pampers her with kisses. Today was the day Minju agreed to move in with her and they just got back home after celebrating the younger girl’s legal age. Sakura could smell alcohol from the young woman.

“You smell awful, Min.”

Minju tried to push Sakura away, only to find Sakura tightened her grip. Minju huffed and gave up as she enjoyed the kisses from the older girl. Minju had this habit for opening the window at night, saying that natural light from the moon calmed her.

“Tsuki ga… kirei desu ne.”

Sakura stopped her kiss and looked up. There was Minju, sitting on top of her basking with the moonlight. She looks ethereal. At times like this, Sakura couldn’t help but wonder why this descendant of goddess chose her. Minju turns her head to Sakura, looking at her lover’s deep doe eyes.

“Make love to me.”

...

Sakura shook her head before she got up and closed the window. She picks up her bag, pulls out her clothes and puts it inside the drawer. Hitomi must have forgotten to mention that her room was right below Chaeyeon’s, as she could hear a rustle up there and followed by moans. Sakura grumbled under her breath. She took her headphone and plugged it to her computer that she bought for gaming. She’s going to spend all night gaming.

Or so she thought.

Apparently, Chaeyeon and Eunbi had lots of… energy. Sakura stopped midway as she couldn’t stand the noise and all the dust coming from above. Once the computer was off, Sakura took her jacket and left the room. Sakura remembers seeing a garden when Hitomi took her from weaponry to the meeting room. On her way there, she could see some of the gang members up and doing whatever they were doing.

“Trouble sleeping?”

Sakura glanced to her right. If she remembers correctly, she was Kang Hyewon, the sniper. She was chewing something that looks like a… squid? Sakura heard her chuckled.

“Ah, I guess you get the room under Chaeyeon. Hiichan must have forgotten to tell you how loud those two can be.”

Sakura ignored her and just walked ahead. Her destination has not yet been seen, but she was pretty sure it was right here. Scratching her head, Sakura turned her heels and walked to Hyewon again. Hyewon glanced up and smirked.

“Feeling bad ignoring me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter