Look At Me / Part IV

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Eunbi secretly glance at her boss who are walking back and forth in his office. Judging by his expression, he's quite restless.

"I wonder what happened."

Her thought distracted by notification that just came. Eunbi smile brightly when she read the content of the messages that just came. She gather her things and shoved it into her bag. She re-touch her make up and hair before turning off her computer. Eunbi grab her bag and went to her boss's office. She knocked twice before entering.

"Yes?"

Saku was standing in front of the big window. On his hand was his phone. Eunbi smile at him.

"I'm going first, Mr. Miyawaki.

Saku look at his wristwatch.

"Ah, okay. Sorry for keeping you here, Mrs. Kang. Tell your husband my sincere apology."

Eunbi smirked because she knew Saku was joking. She nodded and about to closed Saku's office when she heard Saku called her.

"Er... Did Minju called you?"

Eunbi look at her boss confused.

"Was she supposed to call me?"

Saku sighed and shake his head. He gave her a tired smile.

"No, nothing. Enjoy your date tonight, noona."

Eunbi smile and nodded. She closed the door and went downstairs. Saku, on the other hand, look at his phone again.

"Did she forgot?"

After his conversation with Minju, he become close with her. He's delighted, of course. They share the same feeling about Yoojin and had a talk with each other. It scares him sometimes that he become attached to the younger girl. Hyewoon told him to officially courting her but he declined. He told Hyewoon that it was too fast for him to court Minju. But he knows the truth. 

He's afraid she only saw him as Yoojin's replacement.

He sighed and turn off his phone. Maybe she forgot. Saku turned off his laptop and sit on his chair. I'm gonna wait for another 10 minutes-- Suddenly, his phone rang. He checked his phone and saw Wonyoung's number.

"Hi bunny."

Silent. He stare at his phone before putting it on his ear again.

"Hello? Bunny, are you there?"

He heard a sniffed from the other line. His heart beat faster, getting worried over the young girl.

"Hello? Wonyoung where are you? Hello?"

Saku hurriedly went to his car and tried to locate Wonyoung with his other phone. But he sighed in relieved when Wonyoung answer him.

"... Hello.."

Saku brushed his hair with his finger feeling relieved.

"God, Won. You almost give me heart attack."

"I'm sorry, oppa."

Saku knew something happened to the younger girl with the way she answered him. But knowing Wonyoung, she's rather to calmed herself first before asking for advice from him.

"Hey, you know I'm one call away right? Tell me anything when you're ready okay?"

He waited for a response from the other line. He sighed. What happened with her.. Saku tried to wait for Wonyoung.

"... I know, oppa. Sorry I accidentally called you. I'm okay, no need to worry about me."

Saku smile.

"Okay then. Are you home? I could bring you dinner~"

".. Don't you have plans tonight?"

Saku smile dejectedly.

"Er.. no? I guess. Wait wherever you are okay? I'll pick up some food and I'll be there in second."

"... Okay. Take care, oppa."

Saku smile when he heard a change of tone in Wonyoung's voice. She sounds happier.

"I will."

Saku ended the call and get his car ready.

Not long after he went off, his phone rang.

--

Wonyoung sat on a bench in a park near Yena's cafe. She went there because it's close and this park was her favourite place when she's upset. And Saku know this place too so it'll be easier for him to reach her. 

She smile at her phone and wiped her tears. She smile because Saku choose her over Minju. He choose to go to her place instead hanging out with Minju. Yes, she felt awfully upset with how Minju thought of him as Yoojin. Yes, she feel bad for lashing out like that. But she felt relieved. At least now Minju knew what does she feel. She typed a messages to Hitomi about her and told her not to feel worried when she felt someone sitting beside her. She didn't look up because she doesn't know who it was.

"Oh it's you again!"

Wonyoung look up from her phone and saw a grinning young man standing in front of her. She stare at him blankly. The man scratch his head.

"Eh? Don't tell me you didn't know me?"

He casually sit beside Wonyoung. The man smile cheerfully but Wonyoung still had no idea who he was.

"Do I.. know you?"

The man grinned. 

"Hmm technically, you don't. We only met once!"

Wonyoung stare at the man weirdly. She ignores him and turned her attention back to her phone. The man whine.

"Yah~ At least ask my name or something.."

Wonyoung rolled her eyes. She locked her phone and turned her head, facing the man.

"Okay, who are you?"

The man grinned again. This man is too cheerful.

"My name is Lee Chaehyun. You must be Wonyoung-ssi."

Wonyoung stare at him suspiciously.

"Are you a stalker?"

Chaehyun's eyes widened. He waved his hands and shake his head, panicking.

"No no no! I'm not! Trust me! I got to know your name from your friend who owns the Cafe."

Wonyoung raised her brow.

"And I supposed you saw me there?"

Chaehyun nodded.

"You bumped into me earlier today at the cafe remember?"

Wonyoung working her brain. True, she was at Yuri's cafe before she went to Hitomi's. Oh. I guess he's telling the truth. She turned her head to Chaehyun.

"And? What do you want from me?"

Chaehyun flashed his phone in front of Wonyoung.

"Your phone number please."

Wonyoung stare at him riddiculously. She didn't say anything and just turned her head away from Chaehyun. 

"Aw come on~ You bumped into me.."

Getting no reaction from Wonyoung makes him pout. He secretly stare at the girl and saw her getting a message. Ah, that's my cue to leave. Yes, Chaehyun was there because he saw Wonyoung sitting alone, and she looks like just crying. As a soft-hearted person, of course Chaehyun couldn't leave her alone. Moreover, he saw a couple of man not far from Wonyoung walking towards Wonyoung. He just trying to do what he feels right. Besides, she's cute.

Wonyoung turned her attention back to her phone when she felt a vibration. She smiled when she saw Saku's name, but soon that smile vanished.

Bunny, Chaewoon just told me he couldn't find Minju. Don't forget your dinner okay? I swear I'll make it up to you. Love you baby bunny. -Saku oppa

Wonyoung smile bitterly and lowered her head.

I knew it. I'm not the one.

Chaehyun stand up quitely and ready to go when he saw Wonyoung on her phone, not until he felt a tug on his arm. He looked down at Wonyoung who was looking down on her lap.

"... Could you please stay?"

Chaehyun smile and sitting back beside Wonyoung.

"Sure."

--

Saku and Chaewoon has trying to find Minju everywhere. From their parent's house, Yoojin's Yena's Cafe, even to Yoojin's graveyard. Now Chaewoon and Saku has splitted, trying to find Minju somewhere only they know.

Saku stopped his car at the bar that he used to visit with Yoojin. This is the only place where Yoojin spent his time alone. Only Minju and Saku knows about this place. Saku already confirmed Minju's location because he called the bartender he knew there. Saku parked his car and get out of his car. He smile at the bouncer who nodded at him and went in. 

The bar was not to packed, although it's Friday night. Well, this is one of many reasons why this place was Yoojin's favourite to spent some time alone. Saku nodded at the bartender that he contacted. The bartender waved at him and pointed at the fartest seat. Saku smile and went ahead to the seat. He saw Minju, seating there with a bottle of Gin. He sighed. She's not a drinker though. Saku turn his head to the bartender and signal him to bring him a glass. He took a seat in front of Minju who was resting her head on top of the table. The bartender arrived and gave him an empty glass. He pour the Gin on his glass and set it aside. He poked Minju's head softly. Minju waved her hand.

"Go away."

Saku chuckled. He resting his chin on hand.

"You sure want me to go away? I thought we had a plan tonight?"

Minju slowly lift her head and stare at the man in front of her. Blame the alcohol, but Saku looked dashing. Minju grinned.

"Ah~ It's my favourite Saku oppa~"

She rested her chin on the table and reached his arms.

"Gimme your haands~"

Saku rolled his eyes but gave his hands to Minju anyway. Minju reached his hands and interwined their fingers. Saku could feel his heart beating faster, but tried to keep his cool. Minju slowly losing her smile.

"... not.. jin..."

Saku couldn't make up what she said because she was mumbling.

"Huh?"

Minju stare at Saku's face and look at his face. She brought up her hand and caress Saku's cheek, smiling sadly.

"I know you're not Yoojin."

Saku smiled bitterly. Saku bring his hand to Minju's hand that resting on his cheek. He felt Minju caress his cheek softly. Suddenly, she snacthed her hand quickly. Minju stood up and went to Saku's side. Saku bewildered with Minju's behaviour, scouted a little to give place for Minju to seat.

"Min?"

Minju stare at him and cupped his cheeks. She stare at him, hard.

"Kiss me."

"Huh?"

Saku has no time to react when Minju suddenly leaned over and kissed him on the lips. It happened too fast to the point Saku's breath hitched. His eyes widened when he felt Minju moved . His mind told him to enjoy the kiss that he's been waiting for. Don't get him wrong, he loved Minju with all his heart, of course sometimes he imagine how Minju's lips taste like. And now, he got to taste her lips, so his mind convinced him to enjoy it. 

Slowly, he closed his eyes and brought his hand to Minju's cheek. He tilted his head to get a better access to move his mouth rhythmitically. It's been a long time since his last kiss so he got excited. He felt Minju moved and sit into his laps. His consciousness started to protest. Now his heart waver. He felt Minju sneaked her arms into his neck and pull him closer to her. Minju bite his lips and play with his tongue. Saku could hear Minju moaned, but his eyes suddenly snapped and pushed Minju away softly when he felt her hands on his crotch. 

Both panted heavily while staring at each other's eyes. Minju leaned closer again but he stopped her right on time this time.

"Minju, stop."

Minju stubbornly shake her head and keep leaning closer. She grabbed Saku's face to keep him still. Although Saku has more power than Minju, but he's too soft for girls, especially Minju. But he knew he had to stop this. He pushed Minju again.

"Minju please, stop. Please."

Minju still looking at him straight into his eyes. He saw tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes.

"I know you're not him. I know you're not."

Minju still holding his head. Saku saw how hurt Minju's eyes.

"Min, what happened? Please tell me. Please.. Please don't do this."

Minju keep shaking her head and now tears has fallen into her face. Saku wiped her tears and now his eyes start watering as well, watching Minju desperately holding her tears and keep fighting with herself.

"Oppa please, please let me kiss you."

Saku sighed desperately. There's some reasons why he refuse to continue. He love her. Ofcourse he's dying to be more intimate with her. But this is not the right place, and it doesn't feels right. Minju was not in her right mind. She's intoxicated. He don't want Minju to regret this once she's sober. And he doesn't even know if Minju loves him back. He doesn't even know if Minju was only using him to cure her loneliness, her longing for Yoojin. He doesn't want to be a substitute. He push Minju slowly and cupped her face with his hand. He smile softly, with tears running down to his face.

"Min, please. I love you, I really do. And yes, I really do love you. I don't know what happened, but this is not right. You're not in your right mind. Please stop hurting yourself like this."

Saku now lowered his head, and now his hands holding Minju's shoulders. Minju felt her tears runs down. Now she's quite sober, she felt extremely awful. Not because of the alcohol, but the sight of crying Saku, desperately stopping her to do something riddiculous and stupid. 

"Kim Minju!"

She heard Chaewoon's voice, but she didn't turn her head. She saw Saku secretly wiped his tears and look up. He wiped her tears and smile softly.

"Take some rest Min."

"Oppa-"

Saku stand up and smile at Chaewoon. Chaewoon hiug him gratefully.

"Thanks hyung.."

Saku patted his head.

"Take her home. She must be tired."

Chaewoon nodded and help Minju to stand up. Minju's eyes still locked on Saku. She saw him looking at her smiling sadly with painful gaze. I screwed up.

--

It's been two days since that accident. Minju refused to go out, her reasons was she's not feeling well. Chaewoon could only accompany his sister with his girlfriend. Chaewoon also asked Hitomi how was Wonyoung and said that the other girl was acting like nothing happened.

It's Monday today. Means that Chaewoon will be at his office. Chaewoon look at his sister who was eating her breakfast, concerned.

"You sure you'll be okay on your own?"

Minju rolled her eyes and glare at her brother, annoyed.

"Won, I'm not a child. I'll be fine, geez."

Chaewoon sighed but didn't say anythink. He pick up his bag.

"You have to call me if something happened, okay?"

Minju replied him with a glare. Chaewoon shake his head and left. Minju quickly finished her breakfast and get ready. Today, she's gonna go to Saku's office, to apologize properly and maybe have some talk with him. She knew she hurt him. But she have to do that. She have to make sure herself that she's not using Saku as Yoojin's replacement. After she finished with herself, she called a cab and went to Saku's office.

Eunbi saw Minju walking to the receptionist when she was talking with Gaeun.

"Hey, Min. What's bring you here?"

Minju smile.

"Hey unnie. Is Saku oppa here?"

Eunbi look at Minju weirdly. 

"He didn't tell you?"

Minju felt her heart beating faster.

"He'll be at New York for two months. He left on Saturday with Mr. and Mrs. Ahn."

When Minju was about to answer her, she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Wonyoung.

"What are you doing here?"

Minju gulped and lowered her head. Eunbi could feel the tension between the two and tried to to be a mediator between the two.

"Err.. Do you guys wanna talk in Saku's office?"

Wonyoung scoffed at Minju and turn her head, smiling at Eunbi.

"Yes unnie. Can we go to Saku oppa's office?"

Eunbi eyeing Minju who was now her attention was on the floor. Eunbi nodded. 

"Call me if you need anything."

Wonyoung smile sweetly and went ahead to Saku's office. Minju sighed before trailing Wonyoung, but she felt Eunbi caught her.

"You okay?"

Minju forced a smile and nodded.

"I'm fine unnie. I'll talk to you later."

Eunbi nodded and released her. She watch the two girls went their way to Saku's office.

"I wonder what happened.."

--

Wonyoung took a seat with her hands folding on her chest in front of Minju and never leave her eyes from the older girl. Minju still looking at her laps. Wonyoung sighed.

"What are you doing here, unnie?"

Minju slowly look up at Wonyoung. 

"I.. I just wanna talk with Saku oppa."

Minju reached Wonyoung's hand and held it.

"Won, I swear to you. I'm not using Saku oppa as rebound. Yes, I was shocked when he cut his hair, and I did thought him as Yoojin that time. But as I talked with him, that was the first time I feel we're connected. How lost he was when Yoojin's gone and how our geart felt empty. I feel.. safe with him. I swear, Won, it was a slipped, I swaer-"

"I know, unnie."

Now Minju looking at Wonyoung who was now playing eith her hand.

"The way I react, it was all jealousy. I've been liking oppa since forever and I got used on how he looked at you. But when I saw how your eyes saw him the way he sees you, I feel afraid. I feel threatened. I'm sorry I reacted that way unnie."

"Oh Wonnie.."

Minjy went to Wonyoung's side and hug her. Wonyoung hug ger back.

"I'm so sorry, Won. I really am.."

Wonyoung smile in Minju's embrace.

"No need to be sorry, unnie. I know he'll never look at me that way. He always thought of me as his little sister anyway."

After a long talk with Wonyoung, Minju excused herself. The reason why Saku left to New York was because Mr. and Mrs. Ahn decided to stay there. They was supposedly to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter