Look At Me / Part II

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

!!ATTENTION!! This is a genderbender fic. If you are not comfortable, you don't have to read this. Thank you :)

-- 

Today was the last day of Ahn Yoojin's funeral before he will be buried.

He died on his fifth anniversary with his girlfriend.

The day that was supposed to be the day where he asked his girlfriend to become his wife.

The day that was supposed to be the day where he put a ring that was designed by Saku into Minju's finger.

Become they day where Ahn Yoojin left this world because of drunk driving by a truck driver.

Ahn Yoojin was a friendly man. No wonder the funeral hall was packed by people who knows him. From his employees, college friends, school friends, you named it. Everyone is giving their last respect for Yoojin. Even someone who Minju didn't recognize was there. 

"Mr. Ahn helped us with the orphanage."

"He helped me to cleared my debts."

"Yoojin helped my family when we were bankrupt."

That's what they said.

As his girlfriend, Minju was present for three days of his funeral. It was clear that she was tired, judging from her puffy and red eyes. But she refused to leave. As she was worried for Mrs. Ahn who didn't even move from her spot, right beside Yoojin's coffin from the first day of his funeral. Mr. Ahn was there to thank the guests, with the help of Wonyoung.

Although she was grieving, Mrs. Ahn never failed to take care of Minju and her friends who was also there. She always reminds them to eat or rest, despite herself quite stubborn when it comes to take a rest.

"Yoojin was a clingy kid. He'll whine if I leave his side."

That's what she said jokingly when they asked her to rest. And that's why Mr. Ahn always checking up on his wife, no matter how busy he was with the guests. He always make sure to eat with his wife beside his son's coffin, and make a jokes to cheer up his wife. Occasionally, Wonyoung and her parents join them as well. They was reminiscing their time together with Yoojin. The sight was heartbreaking, yet warming.

The only one missing was Saku.

Ever since the doctor announced Yoojin's death, Saku was nowhere to be found. It was worrying at first, knowing how devastated Saku must have felt. Not only he was the one who talk with Yoojin for the last time, but also he keep blaming himself for the accident to happened. Everyone was worried, including Mr. and Mrs. Ahn. Even with the shocking news about their son, they were trying their best to reach Saku. That shows how much they love Saku. But when they know Yena and Hyewoon was with him, they felt a little bit relieved and decided to leave him grieving on his own way.

--

Today was the Burial Day.

It was a closed ceremony, only attended by Yoojin's family and his friends.

The Shaman was leading the way, followed by Yoojin's family and his friends. 

Yoojin's grave was located near his grandma's so he won't feel lonely, as Mrs. Ahn said.

It was solemn, the ceremony. As Yoojin was burried and his grave is closed, as the oldest man in the family, Yoojin's grandpa gave the last deep bow for his grandson followed by everyone who was present. All of Yoojin's family was there. His personal assistant, Eunbi was also there. Even his former personal driver was there.

Again, the only one missing was Saku. 

All of them thought Saku is gonna be there when they saw Yuri and Eunbi comming with their partners, Yena and Hyewoon. 

"I thought he'll be here. He told me he'll come today."

That's what Yena has said to Mr. Ahn once the ceremony was over. Minju stood quietly beside Yoojin's grave. She stare at Yoojin's name that was engraved in the tombstone.

"Hey, you."

Minju bit her quivering lips. She took a deep breath before continue speaking.

"You must be happy, huh? Being visited by lots of people."

Minju grinned when she imagine Yoojin's smile with his dimple showing. The only thing staring back at her was the tombstone, engraved with Yoojin's name.

"I miss you."

Minju's voice started to crack.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, you big dog."

Minju tried to wipe her falling tears. She tried her best to keep smiling.

"But don't worry about me too much. I'll be fine."

She flash her biggest smile to Yoojin's picture.

"I love you, and I always will."

She felt someone standing beside her. It was Yoojin's mom. She rubbed Minju's hand softly.

"He loved you so much, Minju. Don't forget about that."

Minju smile.

"I know."

Mrs. Ahn chuckled at the memories of her son.

"He never failed to told us about you, even your long awaited first kiss. Saku never stop teasing him about that."

Minju blushed. That was so Yoojin, never keep a secret from his mother and got teased by Saku. Mrs. Ahn sighed.

"I'm gonna missed him so much."

Minju smile and rubbed the older woman's back softly.

"We all are."

Mrs. Ahn wiped her tears and look around.

"Have you seen Saku?"

Minju shake her head.

"I haven't. He told Yenna unnie he would be here but I don't know."

Mrs. Ahn sighed sadly.

"That boy.. He keep blaming himself, isn't he? I hope he didn't do something bad."

Minju just nod. She felt a drop of water in her hand. She look up and saw the sky has turned darker now. Mr. Ahn went to them and told them it is time to go back. They bid Yoojin their final goodbye before leaving to the parking lot. Everyone went to their respective car after saying goodbye to Yoojin's family. When Minju reached Chaewoon's car, she found a picture of her and Yoojin that she planned to put in the grave. She told Chaewoon that she'll put the photo and Hitomi told her to bring the umbrella, as it started to rain. As Minju almost reach the grave, she was welcomed by a lone figure standing in front of Yoojin's grave. She moves quietly to see who was that.

It was Saku.

His was just standing there with his bloodshot eyes, pale face, subtle facial hair, and his tired face. Minju could visibly saw his tears but she think that his tears was hiddened by the rain. She moved closer to share her her umbrella with him. She was walking slowly, not to surprised him until she heard him whispered in a very low voice.

"I'm so sorry, Jinnie.."

His voice cracked, as if he's been crying for the past three days. Minju decided to wait a little bit far from until he gave Yoojin his final goodbye, she don't want him to runaway with her presence. But what happened before her was heart breaking. And it looks like a mirror of her own feeling right now.

Saku broke down. He fall on his knees, hands on his face. Saku was crying- no, he was wailing. Minju thanked the rain for being a great disguised for Saku's breaking down. But it was too much for Minju too handle. 

Suddenly, she felt suffocated. She tried to gasped for an air, only to find her tears falling hard. She desperately trying to hold her cries by putting her hand on . Thankfully, Minju stood quite far from Saku. And because of the rain, he probably didn't hear her.

On that rainy afternoon, two brokenhearted individual were sharing the same emotion over the loss of the one who they loved the most.

--

It's been a month since Yoojin's funeral, and everything has changed.

Saku was appointed to become the new CEO at Ahn's company, replacing Yoojin. Saku was trying so hard to decline the position, as he was still grieving and still blamed himself over Yoojin's death, but Mr. Ahn insisted. He told Saku, "I lost Yoojin. But he brought you to us. And I don't want to lose another son." He is now lived together with Mr. and Mrs. Ahn. It was out of guilt at first. But Mr. and Mrs Ahn shows him their genuine love and affection to him, he grows attached to them as well. They become each other pillar of support. Eunbi, who was now become Saku's personal assistant, was always with him. She knew he was trying to avoid all his friends by working. Eventhough he looks fine on the outside, he was only trying to not make Mr. and Mrs. Ahn worried. He will drown himself with work, or alcohol. Not once Eunbi caught him drunk and crying at his office. She knew he still blamed himself over Yoojin's death, and she knew how much he tried to avoid Minju. Saku always took everything with himself that it worries her.

Wonyoung, on the other hand, she become more quiet. Yoojin was, and only person who will messing with her. But despite all of threat, Yoojin was always take care of her. Losing Yoojin feels like she's losing her other half. As she and Yoojin grew up together, they practically did everything together. And they only one year apart. She refuse to go out unless Saku asked her. She didn't even visit Yena's cafe as much as before.

The one who doesn't change much was Minju. She still the smiley and positive person, even after losing Yoojin. Yoojin always told her, "You have the warmest smile, Min. Please keep spreading your warmth." So she did. She regularly checking up on Wonyoung, went to Yena and Yuri's cafe. But she barely visit Saku. In fact, Saku is avoiding her, ever since Yoojin called him before he passed away. But she didn't think much of that. She thought he was busy. But all the smiley and positive thing that Minju shows to other was only a mask. Once she's back to her apartement, she'll start crying until she fell asleep. And everyone knows, but they let her. Chaewoon was always there for her, thankfully. Chaewoon saw how much Minju was suffering after the lost of her boyfriend. So he tried his best to be there as much as he could for his twin sister.

And no one dare to told Minju that Yoojin was actually planning to propose her that night.

Everyone else felt a huge hole in their heart, as Yoojin was the one who bring them together. But they knew they will have to move on. For Yoojin's sake.

--

It was Friday night when Hyewoon visit Yena's cafe. He was starving, his wife was still at work, and he missed his bestfriend. So there he was, sitting on Yena's kitchen.

"I'm gonna have a serious talk with Eunbi unnie if you keep comming here."

Yena stratched her cheek. Hyewoon whined.

"Please complain on my behalf. She won't listen to me when I told her I'm too lonely at home."

Yena rolled her eyes. She turned off the stove and serve the meal for Hyewoon. She took a seat in front of him, watching him devour his meal.

"How's Saku?"

Hyewoon sighed. He put his spoon down.

"That's why I'm here. We need to talk about him."

Yena leaned closer.

"What do you mean? Something happened?"

Hyewoon playing with his food. An action that he rarely did.

"Eun told me. He keep asking for work, sometimes he skipped his lunch, and.. she caught him crying on his office."

Yena keep silent. She knew how much Yoojin mean to Saku. And she knew her bestfriend is suffering but he's not gonna tell them. 

"What else did Eunbi unnie told you?"

Hyewoon shrugged.

"Nothing much, except that. Oh.."

Yena raised her brow.

"Well, she also told me that he kinda avoiding Minju?"

"Really?"

Hyewoon nodded.

"Eun told me that Minju sometimes stopped by at the office. But Saku always make an excuse. I don't know why though. I mean, I know he like her and stuff but-"

"Who like who?"

Yena and Hyewoon jolted on their own seats. They stared at each other with eyes widened. Yena slowly turned her head. She saw her girlfriend, Yuri, just came in from the kitchen door. Yuri raised her brow.

"What?"

Yena chuckled nervously while Hyewoon quietly resume his eating, letting Yena to take care of his slipped of tongue. Yuri walk to her girlfriend and sit on her lap.

"So? Who like who?"

Yena gulped. She glance at Hyewoon who didn't dare to lift his head. I will cast a curse upon you, you glutton. Yena chuckled nervouly. She glance at the tv.

"T-The drama! K-Kwangbae and I were discussing about the actors on the drama! Right?!"

Hyewoon nodded with his mouth full of food. Yuri hummed and her attention turned to the tv. Yena sighed and galre at her bestfriend. Hyewoon grinned sheepishly. Yuri then sighed.

"What's wronng Yul?"

Yuri leaned her back on Yena's body. She pout.

"I'm worried about Minju.."

Yena and Hyewoon glance at each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter