Truth or Dare

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the last summer camp for the new students in Enozi High School. All the freshmans have been sent home by the school bus, leaving the senior or third year students who are the counselors, in the camp for another day. They were told by the teachers to stay back and clean up the camp.

“This is not faaaaair! It’s hot!!”

Yena, who’s in charge as the MC for the whole activities, groaned. Her complaint got a couple of nods from her fellow counselors, including Sakura. Sakura is one of the popular students in the school. Even though she’s not a part of the student council, she was well known for her cold beauty and brain. She was convinced, or rather got forced, to join as counselor thanks to Yena. She was in charge of science activities.

“Come on, let’s hurry and get inside. I feel like dying out here.”

Yena nodded her head and lightly kicked the back of their other friend, Hyewon, who was laying on her back. She was probably too tired to move after moving all the stuff without any food intake.

“Kwangbae wake up and help us! I heard Eunbi and the others prepared something for us to eat!”

At the mention of food, or Eunbi (her crush), Hyewon immediately stood up and ran off, leaving Sakura and Yena with all the heavy stuff.

“Kwangbae you !!”

Sakura sighed as she fixed the strap on her shoulder.

“Come on, let’s get out of here and ask someone on the way.”

Yena grumbled as she took a couple of sling bags and followed the Japanese girl. They couldn’t even have a chat on their way back to the camp because of the tiredness and the heat. Unfortunately, it seems like everyone has gone back (or ran off) to the main hall, where food could be smelled. Even Yena refused Sakura’s offer to go back and took some of the leftover bags and ran off. Now, Sakura stood with two more bags and one big box to be picked up.

“Oookay, I guess I need to make another trip here.”

Sakura started to take the bags until she heard someone lift the box. Standing before her is a short hair girl, grinning at her.

“I see you need help with this.”

Sakura sighs in relief when Chaewon walks to her with that damn big box in her arms.

“Life saver, thanks Chae.”

Chaewon just shrugged and walked along with Sakura, who is now drenched in sweat.

“Didn’t know it was this hot out here. No wonder everyone refused to go out after they put whatever they found outside.”

Sakura rolled her eyes as she finally heard the reason why she couldn’t find anyone except her and Yena before.

“Why are you out here, then? Aren’t you cooking with Eunbi and the others?”

Chaewon was seen to be struggling with her box, so Sakura stopped. She put one of the bags down.

“Here, hold this one. I’ll take the box.”

With a bit of struggle, Sakura succeeded in moving the box into her arms. She waited for Chaewon to grab the bag and move on with their journey.

“I saw you walking back to the camping ground alone when I’m taking out the trash. I figure I’ll help since I’m done with my job.”

Sakura scoffed, suddenly remembered how she got ditched by her oh-so-called best friends.

“Yeah, I got ditched. Thanks for helping though.”

Chaewon nodded. For the whole camping activities, this is probably their second time talking alone. First time was probably on the first day when all counselors have a meeting and both had to decide who get to use the activity room for whatever they were doing. Sakura ended up giving the room for Chaewon since it will be more fun doing experiments outside.

“I think this is our second time talking while we’re here.”

Chaewon turned her head and raised her brow.

“Funny how I think this is our third time talking.”

Now it was Sakura’s time to raise her brow.

“Eh, really?”

Chaewon nodded before she laughed a little.

“But I can’t blame you for not remembering that. You were busy with a freshman who was crying because of something… I think.”

Chaewon glanced at the other girl before she shifted her gaze to the opposite.

“You were so cool, I guess. No one minds that kid but you’re trying to console that kid.”

There were some gaps between them, and no, not because Sakura intentionally moved away from Chaewon. She was shocked, and stopped on her track before jogging a little to chase Chaewon. Of course the short hair girl didn’t notice because she was busy hiding her own blush from the other girl.

“I-I’m not…cool, I guess. I’m… I’m not Yena who could blend so well with others, or chill like Hyewon. I’m just… me, totally not cool.”

Sakura blabbered because she was not expecting the compliment, and not expecting Chaewon caught her helping this new kid. She was totally not expecting that at all. Chaewon cleared before she turned her head, facing Sakura.

“Well, I prefer someone who helps others.”

Was it a confession or compliment, Sakura wasn’t sure. So she just hummed and didn’t say anything more. The truth is, her heart is beating fast and hard. She was pretty confident it wasn’t a heatstroke because it’s 100% because of the fairy beside her.

Yes, it’s not a secret that Sakura has a huge crush on the short hair girl. Well, at least among her group of friends. But it’s not like they never talked with each other before, no. Sakura and Chaewon have talked a couple of times before this at school. They were in the same group on Orientation Day. But Sakura was pretty sure Chaewon wouldn’t remember that. Even though they’ve talked before this, doesn’t mean Sakura is brave enough to be more advanced with Chaewon. ‘I’m not sure she likes a nerd.’ Was probably her only reason to dodge her friends complaining about her being a coward.

Little did she know, the other girl beside her is trying so hard to cool down her reddened face.

Yes, Chaewon also has a huge crush on Sakura. And yes, Chaewon remembers Sakura was in the same group as her and that was when she realized she liked the other girl. But of course in Chaewon’s case, only one person knew about this by accident. She was caught embarrassingly by none other than Kwon Eunbi when she was grinning like a fool as she wrote Chaewon Kim-Miyawaki at the back of her note.

What an embarrassment.

They continue their journey in silence, completely unaware with one pair of eyes watching them like a hawk.

“Hmm…”

“Okay, gather around people! Come on, come neare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter