Look At Me / Part I

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

!!ATTENTION!! This is a genderbender fic. If you are not comfortable, you don't have to read this. Thank you :)

--

"Hey."

Minju turn her head and smile. She was standing under the big tree behind their school, away from the crowd. Yoojin shows her a note.

"Saw your note. What are you doing here?"

Minju just smile at her friend and look up to the tree. Yoojin walk to Minju's side and look up as well.

"I have lots of memories in this place."

Yoojin stretch his hand and pat th tree. He smiled.

"Yeah. We practically spend our high school in here."

Minju smile and look down. She stare at her hand and Yoojin's hand.

"Hey,"

"Hm?"

Minju lift her head and stare at Yoojin's side profile. 

Yoojin was her childhood friend. Since they was younger, they will always together. Almost inseparable even. As their family was a business partner that has a good relationship with each other, Minju and Yoojin family secretly hoping them to be together. But of course, Minju family never pressured Minju about this. As for Yoojin's family, especially his mom, she always nagged Yoojin to court Minju. It's not that Yoojin don't love Minju, but he want to take this slow. 

Minju, on the other hand, has always loved Yoojin. But since the boy was either to dense or doesn't have the same feeling, he never took their relationship more.. seriously. And Minju decided to take the matters with her own hand.

"Yoojin-ah."

Yoojin lowered his head and stare at his beautiful best friend. He stare at Minju who was fidgeting. He chuckled.

"What, Minguri?"

Minju take a deep breath and lift her head. She stare at Yoojin's eyes.

"Yoojin, I-"

"I know."

Yoojin smile softly and took Minju's hand.

"Sorry, but I think I have to be the one who confessed, no?"

Minju blushed but nodded. She tightened her grip on Yoojin's hand.

"I've always loved you, Min."

Minju sighed softly. She rested her head on Yoojin's shoulder.

"I know."

She lift her head to take a look at Yoojin's face again.

"I've always loved you too."

--

Minju and Yoojin walk towards their friend, hand in hand. Yuri, who saw them first, clapped her hand excitedly.

"I see it went well?"

Minju smile shyly while Yoojin shows their frineds their interwined hands. Chaewoon smile softly at the couple with his girlfriend, Hitomi, beside him.

"Congrats, Min. And you, Jin, take care of my sister or else."

Chaewoon jokingly shows his fist while Yoojin salute at him. Chaewoon rolled his eyes and ligthly punched his arm. Out of nowhere, Yoojin felt someone running behind him. As he turn his head, someone has already leap into his back.

"Jin oppa, congrats!"

Wonyoung resting her head on Yoojin's shoulder. Yoojin chuckled and ruffled Wonyoung's hair.

"Damn it bunny, you could fall you know? But hey thanks."

Wonyoung pinched his cheek.

"I know you'll catch me!"

She look around at her cousin's friends. All of them are graduating. She pout.

"Now I'm the only one left in here.."

All of them laughed at the youngest, make Wonyoung pouted even more. Yuri poke Yoojin's hand.

"By the way, Jin, look who's here."

Yuri pointed at the two person near the school gate. Yoojin's face lit up immediately.

"Saku hyung?"

Yoojin took Minju with him to the school gate. Standing there was Miyawaki Saku, Choi Yena, and Kang Hyewoon. Their seniors. Saku was one of the school deliquent back when he was still a student. He either fight with other student, or took their money. Because of his cold looks, no one brave enough to say no to him. And no one has actually won over him. No one is brave enough to actually talk to him, not even the teachers, except his best friends, Yena and Hyewoon. They was his gaming buddies.

Saku started to change when he targeted Yoojin when he was a freshman. But Yoojin, being Yoojin, he actually make Saku open up about his situation. He started become a deliquent because he got beat up at home by his drunken father. He fight other student because he felt.. stronger than most of them. As for the money, he took money from others because he had no other choice. He wanted to help his over-worked mother. His mother was the one who worked for their family while his good-for-nothing father just drink all day. But because he is a Japanese, it's hard for him to get a part-time work. 

After Yoojin knew about his situation, he began to help Saku as much as he can. Saku always refused Yoojin's money when he gave it to him, so Yoojin make Saku work for his company as a janitor. Full with gratitude, Saku vowed that he will stick with Yoojin. When Saku's mother died because of exhaustion, Yoojin's family took care of her funeral and even told Saku to lived with them, as they knew about his father. Yoojin parents pay his tuition for college so he could start working at Yoojin's family company, properly this time. And now, Yoojin and his family treated like he was part of the family. Saku also got introduced to Minju and Wonyoung as they are the closest with Yoojin.

Excited, Yoojin ran toward his hyung and leap into his arm like a big dog.

"Hyung! I made it!"

Saku chuckled and ruffled Yoojin's hair.

"Well if you didn't make it, Wonyoung wouldn't be lonely~"

Yoojin pout and went back to Minju's side. Saku saw their interwined their hands. He felt a pang on his heart. Instead of frowning, he smile softly at Minju.

"Hey Min. Congratulation for your graduation."

Minju smile at Saku.

"Thank you, Saku oppa. Thank you for teaching us for the exam."

Saku grinned. 

"Glad you guys made it. By the way, what did I miss?"

Saku pointed at Yoojin and MInju's interwined hand. Both of them blushing and look at each other shyly. Saku smile at them bitterly for a second and gave them a huge smile, like a proud father.

Little did he know, Yena and Hyewoon saw that. Yena and Hyewoon just look at each other and communicationg silently before Yena turned her attention to Minju, ready to tease the younger girl.

"I see~ So you did it huh, Minju?"

Minju blushed harder.

"Y-Yena unnie! How did you know?"

Yena rolled her eyes.

"From who else?"

"Duckie!"

Yuri leap into Yena's arms and Yena swings Yuri on her arms excitedly.

"My hamster~! Did you missed me?!"

"Saku oppa!"

Wonyoung ran toward Saku and hug his arm. Saku patted her head.

"Hey Bunnie. How's school? No one is bothering you right?"

Wonyoung nodded cutely.

"Yeap! Because my hero, Saku oppa, will be there for me~"

Wonyoung is Yoojin's one and only cousin. So of course Yoojin will go over protective toward the younger girl. But as Yoojin was a popular student, he got a lots of fans. And most of them didn't like how spoiled Wonyoung is toward Yoojin. One day, Yoojin was sick so he's not going to school. Minju was in her club so no one knows that Wonyoung was called to the back of the school. She was bullied by Yoojin's fans. As they was about to hit Wonyoung, Saku, who was sleeping, come to the rescue. From that moment, Wonyoung has fall in love with her saviour, until now.

Saku laugh and patted Wonyoung's head. His attention then turned to the new couple.

"Oh, and congratulation for you two. Take care of her Yoojin-ah."

Wonyoung felt Saku's body tensed for a second but she just shrugged it off. That day, all of them spend their time together after a long time.

--

(2 years later)

"Congratulation hyung!"

Saku got hugged by Yoojin. He just finished his speech, as he was the best graduate from his year. Yoojin's parents were also present. They were so proud of Saku, as if he was their own son. Mr. Ahn went to Saku's side and patted his shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you, Saku. I will expecting you at the office next month. You deserves a break."

Saku bowed his head.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Ahn. Without your help, I wouldn't be here."

Mrs. Ahn also joining her family and hug Saku warmly..

"Nonsense. You are part of the family too, Saku. I'm so proud of you."

Saku nodded and smile brightly. Sometimes, he feels like he don't deserve this. He don't deserves their kindness. But they proved him wrong. He make a promised with himself. Their safety and happiness was more important than his life. He swore that he will sacrifice anything for them. 

After they took a picture, Mr and Mrs Ahn excuse themselves. It's only Yoojin and Saku now, walking around trying to find their group of friends. They were walking in silence until Yoojin started to talk.

"Hey hyung?"

"Hm?"

Yoojin fell silent. He was thinking on his mind.

"Have you ever in love?"

Saku turn his head and stare at Yujin.

"What's with the sudden question?"

Yoojin shrugged.

"Just wondering."

Saku hummed. Now it's his turn to be silent.

"I.. was in love. No, I think I'm pretty much still in love"

This got Yoojin's interest as he was now turning his attention to Saku.

"Really?! With who? Did I know them?"

Saku laugh and flick his head.

"It's a secret~"

Yoojin scoffed. He match his pace with Saku.

"But.. why did you say 'was' at first?"

Saku smile softly and turned his head to Yoojin.

".... She love someone else."

Yoojin hummed. He kicked the invisible stone in front of him.

"Do I.. know her?"

Yoojin stare at Saku's back. He didn't say anything for a few second before Saku finally replied him.

"Even if you know her, there's nothing we could do, isn't it?"

Saku grinned at him. Before they knew, they have arrived at the meeting point with their friends. Saku was surrounded by his juniors and friends.

"Congrats Saku oppa!!"

"Hyung! Don't forget your promise about your books okay?!"

"Yaahh finally our Saku is graduating~"

Saku just laughed at his juniors and friends. He felt a tug on his robe. He turned his head and saw Wonyoung behind him, with her hands hidden on her back.

"Congrats Saku oppa! H-Here's for you!"

Wonyoung gave him a flower bouquet, with a congratulations message written on the card. Saku smile softly before patting Wonyoung's head.

"Thank you Wonnie."

Wonyoung blushed at the affection. Saku saw Minju behind Wonyoung, waiting for her turn. When Wonyoung step aside, Minju went in front of Saku, with her angelic smile. Saku has trained himself to keep calm in front of Minju. But a hint of blush on his face didn't go unnoticed by someone. Minju shows him a bear with congratulation message on it.

"Congratulation Saku oppa. Uh.. sorry for the doll. Yoojin said it will be meaningful for you."

Saku glared jokingly at Yoojin who shrugged his shoulders playfully. Saku turned his attention back to Minju. As he was about to take the doll from Minju, their hand touched. Saku blushed at the cntact and retreat his hand with the doll immediately.

"T-Thank you, Min."

From afar, Saku was being watched.

--

(5 years later)

"Eunbi noona, I'm going now~"

Eunbi turned her head to her boss.

"Mr. Ahn. We're still in the office. Please don't call me informally."

Yoonjin pout. 

"But--"

"No but, Mr. Ahn. Now you better hurry or else you're not be able to pick a ring for her."

Yoonjin look at his wirstwatch.

"Shoot. Gotta call Saku hyung. See ya, noona! Tell Hyewoon hyung I said hi~"

Yoonjin kissed her cheek and dash off. Eunbi shake her head.

"That kid seriously."

Yoonjin greeted all his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter