Price of Dedication

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Miyawaki Sakura was one of the most hardworking resident in Enozi hospital. Although she was not yet a specialist, she was doing her study under Dr. Kim Taeyeon, one of the best surgeon in Sout Korea. 

No one can deny Sakura's persistence, not even Dr. Kim herself. She was once assisting both Dr. Kim and Dr. Kwon Yuri surgery in order to learn and to help others. Her record for working her shift was 32 hours. And of course she got scolded a lot by Dr. Kim that time.

If you think she was single, you are wrong. Sakura is married to her high school crush, Kim Chaewon, who was was just got pregnant for their long awaited baby. They have been married for five years and it was their fourth attempt to expanding their family.

Sakura might looks like she's awkward and quiet at the outside, but everyone knows she was a huge dork once you get to know her. She was well loved by both workers and patients in the hospital.

And today was the day she got an intern under her wings. 

Sakura look over the chart, smiling when she reads her intern's achievements. She look over the chart and smile at the bob-hair girl who was looking around nervously.

"Kim Minju."

Minju turn her head to Sakura. Sakura walk over her and gave her chart back before patted her shoulder. 

"Welcome to the team. And stop looks so nervous, I don't bite! Well, only to my wife."

Sakura grinned before leaving Minju who was looking at her dumbfoundedly and smile nervously.

"My boss is a ert..."

Kim Minju, new intern in Enozi hospital. Kim Minju doesn't looks like she was interested on being a doctor, as she was pressured to be one by her parents. She always like writing music and planned to pursue her career to become a producer like her cousin, Kwon Eunbi. But her parents againts that idea. It's not like she doesn't do well with her study. Heck, she was one of the top student in Korea. 

She just doesn't like what's inside the hospital. Not with the cursed gift she had.

Minju sighed and keep looking down at her chart because she knew the woman in front of her who was standing behind Sakura was now walking toward her. She could feel her own heart beating fast when she could feel the woman stands in front of her now, trying to get her attention.

"You can see me."

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. She cursed herself for staring at the woman instead of Dr. Miyawaki when she was reading her chart. The woman moved her face until it was right in front of her face.

"Hey, I'm talking to you Kim Minju."

Without lifting her head, Minju turned her body and leave the room hurriedly. She closed the door behind her and sighed.

Yes, you guess it right.

Kim Minju could see and interact with ghost ever since she was little. And she could never get used to it. She doesn't even bother to tell her parents as they were once tought her was gone mad when she told them there was a big old man following her. In that moment, she knew she couldn't tell anyone about this. Not even her closest cousin, Eunbi, and her best friend Hitomi. 

But from this day onward, there are one person who knows about this and believed her.

It was Dr. Miyawaki.

--

"Good job for today, Minju."

Minju smile as Sakura patted her back after their five hours surgery. It's been seven months since Minju start working under Sakura and she could feel how the older woman love her job being a surgeon. Minju went to Sakura after they both finished cleaning themself and went to the cafetaria to get some coffee. They took a seat at the chair near the exit and just relaxed.

"How was Chaewon unnie? She's in her... 8 months now right?"

Sakura's smile turns wide at the mention of her wife.

"Yes, yes. Chaeyeonie said both her and our baby is healthy. If there's nothing happened, Wonyoungie will be born next month."

Minju raised her brow.

"Oh? You finally decided the name?"

Sakura nodded her head excitedly.

"Isn't Wonyoung a good name?! I have to Won surrounds me! Feels like I'm winning in life already."

Sakura sighed blissfully. Whoever could see how Miyawaki Sakura is whipped with her wife and her daughter already. Minju then flinched on her seat and hurriedly looked down. Sakura noticed her antics and look over her shoulder before turning back to Minju.

"Something is here? Do you want to go?"

Minju didn't say anything except nodding her head. Sakura took her coffee and Minju's before standing up and leaves the cafetaria with her intern. Minju's heart b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter