Three of Us

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

"Mommy?"

Chaeyeon turned her attention to her bedroom door. Her 3 years old daughter, Wonyoung with her tiny blanket on her hamd, just opened her bedroom door. Chaeyeon smile at the sight of her daughter.

"Hey bunny. What's wrong sweetheart? Bad dreams?"

Wonyoung shake her little head and climbed up to the bed. Chaeyeon watch her daughter amusedly. After a little struggle, Wonyoung finally settled beside her mother. Chaeyeon took her hand and caress it softly.

"What's wrong?"

Wonyoung stare at her mom.

"Wonyoung sleep hewe."

Chaeyeon chuckled. She put the book at the table and positioned herself. She lift her blanket, telling Wonyoung to come in, which she did. Wonyoung snuggle into her mother embrace. Chaeyeon caress Wonyoung's back softly and humming a lullaby.

"... mommy..?"

Chaeyeon hummed. She waited until Wonyoung speak again.

"Wonnie want to sleep with daddy."

Chaeyeon's heart feels like stopping. She look down at her daughter, who are snuggling into her neck. She cleared , trying not to break down in front of her daughter.

"You want to go to daddy's house?"

She felt Wonyoung shake her head, and that actually relieving.

"No.. Wonnie don't want you to be alone.. But Wonnie want daddy hewe. Sleeping togethew.. twee of us."

Chaeyeon hug Wonyoung, tighter.

"Oh, honey.. You know.. we can't, right?"

Wonyoung nodded, which makes Chaeyeon's heart tightened.

"I'm so sorry, baby.."

She felt Wonyoung shake her head again before planting a kiss on Chaeyeon's cheek.

"Night mommy. Wonnie love you."

Chaeyeon kissed the top of her daughter's head before rubbing her back softly. As she was rubbing her duaghter's back, she couldn't help but lost in her thoughts. Once she heard Wonyoung's steady breathing, she went out of the bed quietly and taking her phone with her.

Chaeyeon plopped herself down to the sofa. She sighed and unlocked her phone. She went to the contact list and scroll through her contact. Her thumb hovering over the name of her ex-husband.

Miyawaki Saku.

Chaeyeon sighed and took a deep breath before calling him. She waited until he picked up from the second ring.

"Jjae? Is everything okay?"

Chaeyeon smile at the phone. Oh how she missed the way he called her. Jjaeyeon. That's how he called her the first time they met. With his broken korean, he always called her Jjaeyeon, eventhough he's okay with korean now.

"Hey, sorry for calling you this late. Are you busy?"

".. No. It's okay. Is everything okay? Something happened?"

Even after they divorced, they promised each other they will be civil to each other. For the sake of their love child, Miyawaki Wonyoung. Chaeyeon playing her feet.

"No, no we're fine. I just.. want to discuss something with you."

"... Okay. I'm all ears."

Chaeyeon sighed. She was playing with her hair now.

"It's Wonyoung. She--"

Chaeyeon was cutted by a frantic Saku over the phone.

"Wonnie?! Is she okay??"

Chaeyeon giggled.

"Saku-kun, I told you we're fine, aren't we?"

She heard a sigh from the other line.

 ".. Okay, sorry. Go on."

Chaeyeon smile sadly.

"Bunny, she.. she said she wanted to sleep.. together with you. The three of us."

Chaeyeon listen to the other line. Saku didn't say anything for a couple of second before she heard him again.

".... Is it okay if I went there tomorrow? You know, for dinner?"

Chaeyeon smile. This is actually why she agreed to get married with Saku. He cares a lot about his family.

".. Will Haewoon be okay with me coming over?"

Chaeyeon's smile turned upside down. Kang Haewoon. It was not the secret that he was the cause of their divorced. Chaeyeon fell out of love to Saku and fall in love with Haewoon instead. And Saku, although he was deeply hurt, he let her go. He let her to be his best friend. And he also agree to let go of any hard feelings between them for Wonyoung's sake. But one thing Saku didn't know.

".. It'll be okay. I... broke up with him last week."

"....Oh."

There was an awkward silence between them befote Chaeyeon break the quiet.

"So.. em.. seven okay with you?"

".. Yeah, sounds good. I'll see you tom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter