Saudade

Love Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was cold when Eunbi stepped out from the cafe where she worked. According to the weather forecast, today is one of the coldest days this year. Usually, Eunbi went straight home after a long day shift, but not tonight. She has a date with her younger girlfriend, Sakura. Eunbi is, of course, getting giddier and excited for tonight’s date because Sakura has been gone back to Japan for weeks.

They’ve been in a relationship for almost five years, with all that ups and downs. Their relationship was hard, especially the blessing from Sakura’s family because… well, the Miyawaki family is not just your normal and ordinary family. Typical rich family . And Eunbi, who worked as a barista, is definitely not someone Sakura’s family wants for their heir.

Yes, Miyawaki Sakura is the heir of the infamous Miyawaki family. Even though Sakura never really told her what kind of business her family has, Eunbi had a hunch that it might be related to Yakuza stuff. She is totally not trying to pry on Sakura’s sweet little sisters.

Anyway, after all that struggles, Sakura and Eunbi finally get together. Staying strong up until now.

“Hey.”

Standing with her back resting on a lamp street in front of her cafe was Sakura, with her usual hoodie and jeans with the addition of a long coat. She must have been feeling cold as well. You couldn’t really tell that this girl is the heir of a fearsome and well respected Yakuza family in Japan. Probably. Eunbi wasn’t sure and her girlfriend is definitely not someone who goes around screaming she’s a Yakuza, or her family is Yakuza.

Eunbi hopped her way to Sakura, which made her girlfriend’s lips curl up. She knew Sakura was head over heels for her cutesy act because she rarely did that in front of everyone. Exclusively for her girlfriend only.

“Did you wait long?”

Sakura shook her head before she took Eunbi’s hands and frowned.

“You forgot your gloves.”

Eunbi smiled sheepishly before she grabbed Sakura’s hands.

“I got your warmth.”

But then, she hissed at the coldness of her girlfriend's hands. Sakura too, forgot her gloves.

“Geez, so much for scolding me.”

Sakura laughed and took Eunbi’s petite body into her embrace. Eunbi purred at the smell of home. Of Sakura.

“Where’s your car, anyway?”

Sakura raised one of her eyebrows as she looked down at Eunbi before she smirked.

“You must have forgotten that I, in fact, just came back here from Japan.”

The sound of soft gasp made Sakura’s laugh roar. Eunbi buried her face deep into Sakura’s neck.

“I took a cab here, also forgetting the fact that you never bring your car to work. So we’re walking home.”

Eunbi grumbled under her breath, not to think how this harsh wind was trying to blow them both. But under Sakura’s warm and secure embrace, she thought this cold journey would pass soon. She couldn’t wait to reach her apartment and succumb into the warmth of the fireplace and Sakura’s snuggle.

“Stop those dirty thoughts.”

Eunbi faked a gasp and hit her girlfriend, a bit hard. Sakura yelped and almost pushed Eunbi away but older yet smaller girlfriend locked her arms around her waist.

“You’re the ert one!”

Sakura just laughed as she caressed Eunbi’s nape softly. Sakura’s touch brings tranquility to her life, as cliche as it sounds. Sakura was not one who liked to touch nor to be touched by others. She was somewhat a very… careful person. So when Sakura started to give Eunbi a little touch here and there, Eunbi tried to enjoy it as much as possible. Because Sakura can be cheeky sometimes.

“Aww!”

Like she said, Sakura can be a little cheeky sometimes. Like now, she just pinched Eunbi’s cheek. Eunbi glared at Sakura as she rubbed her not-so-hurt cheek because Sakura barely used any energy when she pinched her cheek. But Eunbi can be a baby sometimes. Though, Eunbi’s glare made Sakura pinched her even more because of how cute she looks right now.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist.”

Eunbi grumbled under her breath, saying ‘I’m not cute’ and ‘I’m not a baby’. Now how could you resist such temptation? Sakura tries to tone down her excitement a bit and will do whatever she wants with Eunbi once they reach the apartment.

Along the way, Sakura keeps Eunbi under her embrace. She tried to focus on the way and how Eunbi talked about her days. Eunbi likes it when Sakura’s attention is on her. She loved to be in her embrace, and totally loved the way Sakura’s thumb caressing the side of her waist.

With her hand circled around Sakura’s thin waist, Eunbi could feel something hard on Sakura’s coat pocket. Eunbi couldn’t help but wonder what that object was, but tried not to pry more. Maybe that’s just Sakura’s phone or maybe her wallet. Eunbi just wants to enjoy the night with Sakura, trying to bury the package she found two days ago.

Due to Sakura being very secretive about her job and family, Eunbi is more curious about her life. Sure, sometimes Sakura talked about her family, but mostly her sisters. Now that they’ve been together for so long, Eunbi wanted to know more about her life.

Until someone sends her a picture of Sakura, with people behind her, looking down at someone who is covered in blood. She tried to convince herself that it was not her Sakura. Sakura that she knows rather to be in the rain in order to protect a kitten than let them die.

She knew Sakura. She was supposed to know her.

But after countless packages are sent to her, showing pictures of Sakura’s supposed secret activities makes her sick. Eunbi tried not to question the one who protected her from the harsh cold. She should not even think about that.

But when a letter ‘You’re next’ written in a crimson red with a tiny gun was sent in one package, Eunbi didn’t know what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter