A way home?

Fitting in with the Earthlings

4:18 pm

-D.O's POV-

Yue'er and I were heading to the kitchen to fix something up for everyone to eat. Yue'er and I washed our hands and Yue'er went over to the cabinet to get out some pots.

"What should we make to eat?" She asked me as she opened the cabinet.

"Hmm.. Spaghetti..?" I asked, fantasizing about it. Yue'er looked up at me and laughed.

"Arasso~"  She said as she laughed at me. Just as she grabbed a pot out from the cabinet, the kitchen light turned off. We both looked up and around to see if anyone was messing with us, but no one was there.

"D.O..." I heard Yue'er say my name quietly and looked down at her. She was on the ground now, staring at the light coming from the cabinet. I looked at it intensely for a bit and saw a shadow moving around. I ran over to Yue'er and pulled her back as quickly as I could. Just as I pulled her back, something lumped out of the cabinet, causing the pots and pans to tumble down after it. I thought I heard it groan a bit, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Since it was semi-dark I wasn't able to make out what it was very well, all I saw was a shadow of a person. I pulled Yue'er to her feet and Bang jumped out infront of us and started growling at the shadow. I pulled Yue'er back behind me, and could feel her holding onto my arm. At that moment I noticed, from the corner of my eye, that the others were behind us and were trying to see what had happen. The figure moved over to the other side of the corner slowly. I could feel Yue'er's grip on my arm tighten a bit.

"What hap--"

"BOO!!" The figure jumped out at us, and I turned around and hugged Yue'er tightly, trying to cover her, eyes shut tight. I heard someone start to giggle a bit, and opened my eyes. Nothing happened. I turned around and saw that it was Kai, that was in the corner. He started laughing and Baekhyun came out and high fived him.

"What's going on?" I asked looking at them with wide eyes.

"Nothing. We just decided to play a little prank on you guys, that's all." Kai and Baekhyun smiled cheekily at each other.

"Why would you do that?! You nearly gave me a heart attack!!" Yue'er shouted as she punched them both on the arm, and puffed her cheeks. Suddenly, everyone behind us started laughing and I looked down at Bang, who was chewing on a rubber duck. I sighed and scratched the back of my head.

"What was that for guys? Seriously.." I asked looking up at Kai, who avoided my eyes.

"Aw how sweet you guys are~ Protecting her from danger~" Chen said, as he reacted out what I did with Yue'er with Chanyeol. Chanyeol grabbed Chen stupidly, and they began hugging each other while laughing. I could feel the heat rushing up to my face, and I started storming after them.

"RUNNN!!!" Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen all started running away from me, as I chased them down.

"NO DINNER FOR YOU GUYS!!" I shouted as I jumped on Chen. I could hear the other's laughing at us.

'Why do my friends have to be so embrassing?' I thought as I headlocked Chen, who was begging me not to hurt him.

 

-15 minutes later-

After  I gave them each their punishment, I made them kneel on their knees, with their arms up in the air. I sat on the couch with my arms crossed and Yue'er was sitting next to me. Everyone else was sitting elsewhere, watching us.

"How did you guys do that?" Yue'er asked them curiously. I realized that I didn't know as well.

"Well, you guys don't know this, but I've actually had my powers back for a while now. I just didn't want to tell anyone. So when you and D.O were in the kitchen, I used my power to turn off the lights. I also did the lights in the cabinet. Although I don't know why Kai teleported there.." Baekhyun said as he looked over at Kai.

"I didn't mean to teleport into the cabinet. It just happened on accident.. Man my back hurts.." Kai said as he began rubbing his back.

"Yah. Who said you're allowed to put your arms down?" I yelled at Kai, who just pouted and put his arms back in the air again. I sighed again. "Don't do that ever again." I said glaring at each of them.

"Arasso~~" They said together. I waved my hand and they all got up and ran away, while Yue'er laughed at them.

"It's not that funny." I said to her. She made a face at me, and smiled. I blushed a bit when I saw her smile for some reason.

"Thanks for protecting me~" She said as she pecked me on the cheek and ran away as well. Everyone started cheering and whistling as me. I could feel my face become red. I started getting hot, and went to stand outside.

 

-No one's POV-

After everyone ate the spaghetti D.O. and Yue'er made, they all sat down and listened to what Kris and Suho had to say. D.O. and Yue'er were forced to sit next to each other, but Yue'er put Bang right inbetween them.

"First of all, as you guys know, 8 of us have our powers back, and so there's only 4 of us remaining that don't. If the 4 of us, that don't have our powers back yet, are able to get it back, we'll be able to get home...but there's a risk to it." Kris said, as everyone listened to him intently.

"What do you mean..? What risk..? And how would we get home just because we all have our powers back?" Luhan asked Kris confused. Everyone nodded and agreed with Luhan's questions.

"Well you see...How do I explain this.. ummm... Well as the leaders we were taught something that could help save us if we were ever in danger." Suho said as he scratched his head.

"Wait..You guys are the leaders??" Swoonyi asked them, shocked.

"Yeah wasn't it obvious?" Lay replied looking at her.

"Not really. Why is there two leaders?" Yue'er asked the boys.

"That's not important right now. What's important is that we have a way to get home." Kris said, as D.O. and Yue'er glanced at each other quickly.

"So how do we do it?" Kai asked, as he scooted up next to Yue'er and leaned on her shoulder. D.O. looked at him, but didn't seem to mind.

"Well first, everyone has to regain their powers. Then, we're going to need your guys help." Suho said, looking at both Yue'er and Swoonyi.

"Our help..? What would we do?" Swoonyi asked them as she rested her head on her hand.

"You guys will be the gateway, from Earth to EXOPlanet." Kris replied as he looked over at D.O.

"But that would mean that they might not be able to come back here.." D.O. said looking over at Yue'er worriedly.

"Yeah. They might get stuck on our planet if we are unable to send them back here on time. We only get a split second to send them back. If we don't make it, they're stuck on EXOPlanet with us forever." Suho said as he looked down.

"I'm so confused....If we get stuck there, isn't there any other way for us to get back? Like how you guys got here?" Swoonyi asked them as she scratched her head.

"Not really, it's hard for humans when we use our powers on them. If they're exposed to it too much it might kill them.." Lay said as he slowly nodded his head.

"Great.. Well its been nice meeting you all.." Swoonyi said, as she laid down and closed her eyes.

"What? So you guys are....What?" Chanyeol looked at her confused.

"Yeah, we're totally going to die now. Right Yue'er?" Yue'er nodded her head and held her hand up to her chin. D.O. stared at her for a while without her noticing.

"Should we try to explain it clearer?" Suho asked them. Yue'er shook her head.

"Ani. Gwaenchanh-a. When the time comes, we'll figure it out ourselves. Anyways, we should try to focus on getting your guy's powers back. How long do you think that will take?" Yue'er asked looking over at Kris, who shrugged.

"It would depend. If we're in another bad situation, like how we were earlier, we might be able to get it back quickly, without any problems. But it doesn't seem like those things happen very often here in Korea. So I can't say how long it would actually take." Kris said as he leaned back on the couch.

"Well, since it might not be that long, we probably won't have to get you guys cell phones then." Swoonyi said as Chanyeol gave her a mean look.

"Shut up and help us think of something" He said to her.

"Arasso. I am"

"Hey Bacon, how did you get yours back anyways?" Tao asked, looking over at Baekhyun.

He smiled shyly and said, "Well...You see... When we first moved into the hotel, Chanyeol went to the bathroom, and it was really dark, and the light was really far away... And I was scared soo....."

"Wow. You're such a brave man." Chen said as he rolled his eyes.

"Shut u-." *Pftt* Kai farted and smiled embrassingly.

"EW KAI!!!" Yue'er shrieked as Kai smiled and hugged her. She tried pushing him away, but that only made him hold onto her tighter.

"Doesn't it smell lovely?" He asked laughing.

"Ani!! Let go of me!!" She shrieked more, as everyone began laughing. She held her nose and looked the opposite direction of him.

"Ugh Kai you stink! Luhan said as he started to scoot away. This caused Kai to start laughing even harder, thus causing him to let loose an even bigger fart.

"EWWWWIEEEE!!" Yue'er shouted as she pushed Kai's face with her hands. He fell on the ground and she crawled behind D.O. who just sat there and laughed at Kai. After a while, of making fun of Kai, they calmed down a bit and started trying to think of a plan to help the others regain their powers.

It was silent, until Swoonyi broke it.

"I have a plan." She said as she grinned evily at the boys.