Taeun

Giddy

(OST- Marry me by Stephanie Dan)

He had expected himself to be getting his hopes up. The concert had been a success, the tickets sold out within an hour and all the fans had a great time. Taemin enjoyed it more than expected even though his Spanish was not top notch.

Even though he had wished she would be there nothing could have been more perfect. And then, in their last leg before they flew back to Korea in the late evening there came a rumour that another Korean celebrity was in the country, doing modelling.

His manager had come to his room just as he was placing the last of his clothes into his suitcase. “Taemin,” he stopped pair of underwear briefs in his hand. “Taemin, I just heard something from the concert director. We are not alone. There’s an actress close by doing a photo shoot for Cosmopolitan.”

Taemin stopped, his heart thudding steadily. He couldn’t shake the strange feeling. “D-do you know who it is hyung?”

His manager shrugged. “The only other piece of information I got is that the girl group she was in recently disbanded due to the members going separate ways.”

The information made Taemin pause for longer as he realised he’d heard the news of one particular group that had spilt.

Within seconds he put his hands on his manager’s shoulders. “Hyung, where is it they are doing the photography shoot?”

“It’s a couple of hours away from here, why do you want to…?”

 

“Please let’s just have a look.” He didn’t want to beg. But he was afraid. There was the prickly feeling. A rush of thoughts that maybe, somehow… Things were going to happen as they had suggested.

In the car they had loaned; when his manager was not paying attention Taemin felt in his pockets and noticed the cube shape that contained the most expensive item he had purchased in a while.

Clasping his hands together the singer let everything become calm as he prayed in his heart to God. The prayer was simple, let him bring the right time.


She’d turned around as soon as she had heard her name called. Everything in her body became stiff with the shock and the surprise the moment she had seen him. Dressed in jeans with his shirt loosely tucked, bracelets dangling on one hand he looked like a Mediterranean prince.

There were so many questions running through her mind. How did he find her? How did he know she was here?

He appeared just as astounded as she was but he managed to keep his emotions bottled up while she found her eyes pooling. She looked beautiful in the dress, her hair down like she was a lovely maiden from a Greek myth. Although he wanted to be with her something was keeping him in place.

Naeun swallowed, “is… Is this a dream? Are you really here oppa?”

Biting the edge of his lip he nodded. “Yes I’m here, I’m really here.”

Naeun dipped her head as some tears fell. “Thank God,” Taemin said so they both could here. “Thank God.”

She looked up at him and started to run. He began too, the soft earth treading underneath their feet in their different paces; their only witnesses were the tall sunflowers waving in the breeze.

They reached each other in the middle, both of them arms stretched out. Their collision of bodies embracing in a hug swept up a storm of delight and relief that was overdue. Naeun barely stopped herself from crying and Taemin was so happy he thought he would.

After a while they pulled back to look at the other. Naeun touched his face. “It really is you,” her voice was shaking. “I don’t believe it.”

Taemin smiled tenderly. “The chances of you being here… I cannot even begin to explain.”

“What are you doing here oppa?”

“I came for a concert,” he said. “Didn’t you know?” Naeun shook her head. “Really, even though there was a press conference and…?”

“No I did not know.”

He scratched the back of his head feeling sheepish. “But how are you…?”

She beamed at him. “For a photo shoot but we’re about to leave soon.”

“Ah really,” he seemed disappointed. But then another thought came to his mind. “The fact we were able to meet here and in this place of anywhere in the world, it must be fate.”

They hugged again more tightly, neither of them wanting to let go.


 

He pulled away, remembering something else. “Fate is what brought us here today. We were meant to be reunited here. But there’s something else. Something else I need to do.”

She looked at him, perplexed by his words. “I don’t understand, what else is there you need to do?”

He didn’t look down at his pocket as he felt for it. “Everyone enlists at some point. My enlistment day will be coming by the end of this year. When it does I’ll be away from you for eighteen months. However, I hope that when I come back we will be together forever, as husband and wife.”

Naeun watched him still finding herself confused as to his words. “Oppa, you need to be clearer—“

He slowly went down on one knee, the breeze whipping his hair over his eyes. “Naeun,” Taemin began lifting his gaze up to her. The box was opened revealing its treasure. The band itself was silver with diamonds on the front. A gold band was curved around the precious white stones and the larger feature stone which was a deep red ruby in the shape of a love heart.

Her eyes widened and she was overcome by the sight before her. “Last time I proposed it was written down,” he started. “And it was rather cheesy when I think about it.”

She nodded with a giggle, remembering along with him. “I didn’t expect to meet you here of all places, and I didn’t expect to find the perfect ring here either. But there is one thing I already knew beforehand. That is you are the one for me. So…” He cleared his throat, finally starting to sound nervous.

“Son Naeun, will you marry me?”

“Yes,” Naeun agreed with an eager nod, tears in her eyes. She couldn’t have said anything else.

Taemin rose, his delight and joy evident on his face as he took Naeun’s long , soft hand in his and slipped the ring onto her finger. They embraced again for a deep hug.

She lifted it up to examine it in the light. “It’s beautiful,” she said. Taemin wasn’t looking at the ring.

“But you are more beautiful,” he told her. They met eyes and then leaned in for a kiss, a kiss they had been longing for. Their mouths moulded each other’s perfectly, the way they kept touching each other gave the idea they’d been hungry for such physical affection.

After a rather long and passionate moment for them both they pulled away. “So what happens now?” Naeun asked, trying to catch her breath.

Taemin paused, thinking about what could happen. “Umm, how about we find a chapel? I can wait until after my enlistment to tell my fans I am married.”

She hit him hard on the shoulder with a laugh. “Are you crazy? They won’t be fans anymore. Not unless they forgive you.”

“What about you Naeun?” He gestured to the ring. “It will be hard to hide. Someone will realise it isn’t just a piece of jewellery.”

She slipped it off her finger and placed it on the digit next to it. “It’s a little tight, but it still fits.”

“Maybe we should not hide it,” Taemin decided after some more thinking. “Since, after all… We’re going to be husband and wife one day. The fans will have to hear it sooner or later.”

“You’re right oppa; I don’t want to hide it. Not when I know there are people who will be happy for us.”

He nodded, “alright. So we’ll wait for one of us to return to Korea and you can wear the ring on the right finger. If anyone asks you can say you are engaged but you don’t have to say who until I give the signal.”

“Which is what?”

“I’ll tell them,” she laughed at his straightforward answer. “I’m marrying someone who from the moment I met them made my heart giddy.” He seemed slightly embarrassed by his cheesy words.

“How should I respond?” She asked, joining in. “I said yes to a man who for so many years has made my heart giddy.”

Taemin liked this response, “it works.” He agreed as they had another quick kiss.

“Me too oppa, me too,” and it was settled. No more uncertainty about the other. Now they were promised to each other and it didn’t matter if the world knew. They were tired of keeping things secret.

Because love is not a distant feeling; it’s a common, amazing, event just like fate.

 

 

Wow, I cannot believe it. After so many months of writing I finally reached the end of Giddy. When I realised I had finished writing I almost felt as though I was going to cry. It’s been a journey for me and I’m grateful to everyone involved whether it is my readers or my friends who have supported me. I’m also thankful to Taemin and Naeun, for their time on We Got Married made such a story possible and I hope fate is not finished with them in real life. I’ll write more Taeun in the near future though I can’t tell you exactly when.

Thank you all again, bless you.