14. Naeun

Giddy

(OST- Accidentally Kelly Street by Frente)

“It’s time to head up,” I nodded and the makeup artist removed the brush from my nose. We were about to film our twelfth episode today. The time had flashed forward for the show and for me and Taemin.

Yes, it’s been a month for us.

“Evening Naeun,” Shin Dongup greeted me as I joined him to read over our scripts. Today’s dress was a blue bubble dress with a dark blue blazer over the top. My hair had been put in a loose bun and my shoes were black heeled boots.

“Evening Senior,” I said being polite. We then had a check on our words and waited to prepare. Taemin’s stylist was checking his hat and he nodded with a smile.

That smile. It made me uneasy.

“Naeun,” I paused. Turning to my side I saw Shin Dongup who was beaming at me. “We’re on in five minutes.”

“Oh right.”

Had he caught me?

Fortunately he soon got a hold of one of the writers to ask their opinion about the way a certain line could be presented. Taemin’s stylist left and soon I found him peering my way. He bobbed his head to acknowledge me with his typical grin and I made a rather tiny, quick wave back.

“Who were you waving at?”

I froze. I hadn’t expected one the audience members to catch me. Before I was able to try and defend myself the lights darkened and Shin Dongup was standing near me for the introduction.

Soon we had passed the introductions and were about to discuss the teams and their concepts. “Let’s begin with the Shiniest member of our team.” There were some cheers as the lights and interest came to Taemin.

“Taemin-sshi rumour has it that you are doing something a little different tonight am I right?”

He paused; the smile on his face obviously hid something. “You will just have to wait and see,” he answered laughing when the microphone was lowered.  Shin Dongup turned to me which was my cue to speak.

“Ah if he won’t say then he doesn’t have to.”

“Hmm is there something strange going on Naeun-sshi?” He winked and everyone laughed including me but from embarrassment. “Bomi-sshi, you know Naeun. How would you say her mood is right now?”

“It’s suspicious,” she said with a lit up face causing the audience to clap. I gave her a look of protest but wasn’t able to tell her that I didn’t appreciate it.

If only they knew.


 

Opening the door to the dorms I managed to sneak in without making even the tiniest creak. I’d left my phone charger and needed it since I was going to be home for a few days. Either everyone was asleep or some were at schedules.

Going to where I usually I slept I pushed the door open and took one step before there was a click. A light . Someone was sitting in a chair, dressed in casual clothing and cross legged.

Eunji unnie seemed ready to interrogate me. “Have a seat,” she pointed to the chair.

“Unnie what is this?” I exclaimed before she burst out laughing.

“I have something to ask you.”

I did as she requested. Taking the phone out of the pocket from her baggy black pants she pressed the screen before turning the device my way. Bomi unnie had sent her a message:

Are you watching? There’s something weird about Taemin and Naeun.

Oh dear.

She pressed the off button on the phone which switched the screen to black. “Now,” and then she folded her arms. “What is happening with you and Taemin?”

I guess she may as well know. The Naeun who always hid everything if she could did not exist anymore. The twenty five year old Naeun told the members her thoughts in a way that she knew would not offend.

“Unnie, please don’t react too strongly but—“

“—Ok so what I am reacting to?”

I took a deep breath and let it out as I exhaled. “Taemin and I are trying again.”

The next moment I was suddenly being strongly hugged by her. Unsure of what to say or do I just let her embrace me strongly, my chin resting on her shoulder.

She pulled away with her face beaming. “That’s awesome, congratulations I suppose?”

“J-just don’t tell the others,” I began and she raised her eyebrows. “Well, I want to do it when I’m ready that is all.”

“And how long has it been since you two began again?”

The way she said it made our reconciliation almost sound romantic. “It’s just been a month.”

She nodded and smiled even more. “Oh Naeun, at first I wondered if it was a good idea. But seeing how happy you are lately makes me believe that things could be different this time around.”

No sooner had she expressed this I hoped and prayed that things would indeed be different. Not just for my own benefit.

Inside the kitchen I was busy frying the meat before the members arrived. It was that fateful night. The night where I would tell the members that one, I was dating and two, who I was dating.

Our family had gone out for the night leaving me the house to myself. As I prepared the lettuce for the members to wrap the meat in I began to imagine what would happen. We’d been dating for a while now. Would they be angry at me for not telling them sooner? Did they suspect that something was going on?

Before I got to a conclusion for any of my thoughts the doorbell rang and I went to answer it. “Come in,” I said letting them all come inside.

“You look pretty today.” Chorong tugged at my white dress which I wore with a black, weaved belt. “Since when are you wearing more white?”

“Umm just recently,” I couldn’t tell her it was because there was a particular person I knew that liked this colour. She nodded and everyone went to the table where most of the food was prepared.

Namjoo clapped her hands. “Unnie it looks great, you’ve really improved.”

“Thank you,” I said with a grateful bow. “Please, help yourselves.”

“Oh bring out some glasses as well,” Eunji said before showing us the bottle of wine she had brought. The girls gave cheers and claps while I went to find some wine glasses.

Minutes later we were all eating the meat while drinking some of the luxurious red wine. Chorong had a large drink before placing hers down. “We should all thank Naeun for taking the time and effort to prepare this lovely meal for us.”

I bowed as I got claps and cheers. “Well done unnie,” Hayoung said while Eunji whistled.

Glancing at my happy go lucky unnie I made them quiet down. I was going to tell them the truth.

“There’s a reason why I invited you all here.”

“She got her eyes done!”

Bomi got a lot of shoves and hits from the other members at the joke. It made me laugh though, which helped the nerves that were making my stomach squirm like it was full of worms.  

“Actually… That isn’t it.”

“You’re going to quit Apink!” Namjoo called out. The others exclaimed their protests before turning on her. It was amusing seeing nearly all of them hit her and telling her to ‘get out.’

I let my lungs take in all the air they could; I didn’t want to pass out while I was talking.

“The truth is, I’m seeing someone.”

If there had been rain in the distance we would have heard the first few drops fall. Finally Chorong broke the silence.

“Whoa, you’re seeing someone Naeun?”

“I am,” Namjoo raised her hand.

“Yes we know who he is. A lovely student training to be a pastor,” she dropped her hand after Bomi had answered that.

I was able to continue. “Yes and you all know him. He’s famous in a boy group—“

“Is it Beast?” I shook my head. “Hmm I guess we would have known.”

“Give us a hint please,” Hayoung whined. “We’re dying here.”

“Yes do,” Chorong agreed appearing a little serious.

This was a fair agreement. “Alright, he’s in a SM group.” This was the dead giveaway. All of them eyed the other, one of them mouthed a name and I didn’t catch it.

“Naeun... Are you saying—“

“—yes. It’s Taemin oppa.”


 

 

Hehe I wonder how the members will react in the next Naeun update?