Let's Start Pretending

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara has made up her mind. She promised herself she won’t be attached with Chaerin anymore. After what happened between them the other day, she realized it was a huge mistake and she almost broke the vow of her marriage. Well, she did though.

 

But then again, her true desire is to get closer to Chaerin. She can’t lie to herself anymore that she truly likes her and she wants her. She wants to spend time with her more and she wants to talk to her so badly. But she’s resisting for the sake of her family.

 

This morning is not different from the other morning. Dara is standing in the kitchen frying eggs for her husband and son while her eyes won’t stop looking out, hoping she would catch a glimpse of the blonde’s appearance. But nobody is out there. Disappointed, Dara just kept pouting all the time.

 

Jiyong watched his wife as she came out of the kitchen to serve him breakfast. He stopped her from going back to the kitchen. “Are you okay?” he asked in concern.

 

Dara nodded, “Yeah. I’m okay.” She replied shortly.

 

“You’ve not been looking good these days. And you seem so bored and tired. Do you want me to stay at home today to accompany you?”

 

Dara gulped. Is it too obvious? She thought.

 

“No. I’m okay. Really…” she lied and headed back to the kitchen.

 

Jiyong decided to follow her and held her from behind. “Really are you okay? Please tell me! It kills me to see you like this. I’m worried. Did I do something wrong?”

 

Dara closed her eyes and sighed. No, Jiyong, you didn’t. You never did something wrong. You’re a good husband and I really love you. But I kinda did something bad and I’m so guilty about it because I liked it, Dara thought.

 

Dara turned around and kissed her husband lightly, “You’re perfect, sweetheart. It’s not you, maybe I’m just…”

 

Jiyong looked at her carefully, “Are you pregnant?” he asked.

 

Dara chuckled, “No! If I was, would’ve told you. No… I’m just bored. I don’t know what’s happening to me.”

 

“You should hang out more with your friends, join Bom if she wants to go to any gathering.”

 

“It’s not my thing to have a gathering with them all. I can’t get along with them well, you know that.”

 

“Should I call Bom now?”

 

“No! Don’t…”

 

“Then what should I do now? I don’t know what’s going on with you I have no idea what to do.”

 

Dara sighed again and this time she caught herself looking out the window again. She saw Chaerin walking out of her house, ready for a morning run.

 

“You know what? I will visit Bom’s house today. Maybe you’re right. It’s time for me to hang out again.” Dara said quickly as Chaerin disappeared.

Jiyong smiled and hugged her, “Good then…” He murmured.

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin is standing in the middle of her living room, looking around. She sighed. She has nothing to do at all and she hates it when she’s alone at home. She hates it when all her friends are all busy working while she’s just lying around resting her because she’s still on holiday. She still has one month before she started recording her new album.

 

She starred at her piano and those sheets lying on it. She still hasn’t finished the songs she ought to write.

She clutched her hair and groaned, she absolutely has no idea what to do. Then she looked out the window watching Dara’s house. She hasn’t stopped thinking about the married woman.

 

She really likes her and she feels there’s something that needs to be finished between them or else, something to continue on.

 

She’s startled when her phone rings, the home phone. She frowned and walked toward where the phone is. She was hesitant to pick it up because it has never rang before, no, she has never told anyone this number ever since she moved in.

 

She picked it up slowly, “Hello?”

 

“Hello! Mrs. J, this is Seungri’s teacher. Her mom hasn’t come to pick him up yet. The class dismissed early this afternoon, I’ve called every students’ parents to pick up the children. I tried to call Mrs. Kwon, she didn’t pick up her phone and no one picks up her home phone too. So can you pick up Seungri instead?”

 

“Uhm… first of all, I’m not Mrs. J… but… yes I’m the new neighbor.”

 

“Oh God! I’m really sorry… I thought you were still Mrs. J. She used to pick up Seungri when her mom was away… I’m so sorry but who is this am I speaking with?”

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes, “I… uh, just the neighbor. Just call me Ms. Lee.” Chaerin replied, afraid that revealing her full name isn’t a good idea. The person on the phone might recognize her and sometimes she just doesn’t like to be recognized.

 

“Okay, Ms. Lee… so could you pick him up? He’s now playing with his friends whose parents haven’t arrived yet but soon he would be alone and I really don’t want to see him cry, it’s rather hard to calm him down when he cries.” She said carefully.

 

Chaerin bit her bottom lip and just said, “Okay… where’s the school exactly?”

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin stopped her car right in front of the schoolyard. She’s a little bit late because she had to deal with paparazzi who recognized her car and followed her all the way so she had to stray her way to confuse the driver.

 

She looked around and noticed some people are there, parents and kids. Then she saw a little boy resemble Dara’s face. He’s playing with his friends on the sliding.

Chaerin decided to get out of her car. She doesn’t dress prettily today, just wearing a plain blue t-shirt and skinny jeans with sneakers, no make up, just covered her tired eyes with shades.

 

People already recognized her by the time she entered the yard. They all stopped talking to each other, the parents, mostly moms. And then someone suddenly approached her, “Are you here to pick up Seungri?” a middle-aged woman asked.

 

“You’re the one who talked to me on the phone?” Chaerin asked back.

 

She nodded excitedly. Chaerin just awkwardly smiled at her.

 

“Uhm, let me get him.” She said and then rushed toward the playing ground.

 

Meanwhile, all those moms are starring at her, confused, amazed, surprised. They’re witnessing an appearance of the superstar. She’s standing in front of them. To seem polite and friendly, Chaerin just smiled at them all with a little nod.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter