Hold Me, I Can't Stand Alone Without You

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three of them are still sitting at the same table, looking at the same person. Each of them is having an ambiguous feeling that makes them nervous and awkward.

 

Jiyong’s intimidating question can’t just be left hanging like that if Chaerin and Dara don’t want him to suspect anything, which he already has.

 

Chaerin put down the sandwich she was holding on the plate and wiped with her palm. She smiled awkwardly at Jiyong. “You watched the show?” she murmured.

 

Jiyong grinned, “Yeah. It was really good and It makes me really curious about that woman you’re having a crush on.”

 

Dara looked away. She scratched her neck lightly and her palms are sweating out of nervousness.

 

Chaerin took a deep breathe and leaned backward. She started to act out. She pretended to be calm and easy with the question. Then she shrugged, “She’s just a woman. I met her a couple of weeks ago in a coffee shop and I asked for her number then we hang out for a while…”

 

Jiyong leaned forward and now he’s folding his hands on the table, acting all excited and interested in hearing a further story from Chaerin.

 

“… Things haven’t been easy for both of us because of you know, our status. I can’t see her very much because of my busy schedule so we don’t really know what we are now. I mean I still can’t say that she’s my girlfriend yet because we… uh, we’re just… having fun.”

 

“Like having ?” Jiyong jumped with the sudden statement.

 

Chaerin’s blushed, so does Dara but she hide it away by rubbing her cheeks.

 

Chaerin nodded hesitantly, “Yeah. You can say that. We’re just… having .” She muttered slowly and then she continued eating her sandwich, also slowly and carefully.

 

Dara looked at the clock, “It’s late already, Ji… I don’t think we should talk at time like this. Can you guys just finish this silly talk tomorrow morning?” Dara speaks up.

Jiyong turned his head at her with a frown, “Why? You know I have to go to work tomorrow morning, why not talk now? I mean, we haven’t had much spare time to talk like this, sharing feelings and stories with friends. Why not?”

 

Chaerin ate her last bite of sandwich and managed to swallow it quickly so she can have an excuse to leave the house. She’s sensing something weird, something’s wrong.

 

Dara sighed. She put her hand on Jiyong’s neck and squeezed it gently, “But you have to wake early tomorrow... I don’t want you to wear out your energy. You need to sleep more…”

 

Jiyong suddenly kissed Dara and smiled, “You’re so bossy, aren’t you?”

 

Dara smiled awkwardly and didn’t dare to lay her eyes on Chaerin.

 

Chaerin cleared and stood up, “Yes she’s right. I need to rest too. These days have been rough for me. So… if you don’t mind…”

 

“Of course yeah, have a rest. I can’t wait to watch your concert.”

 

Chaerin raised her eyebrow, “Oh. You’d come?”

 

“I’d purchase the most expensive ticket.”

 

Chaerin chuckled, “Are you crazy? I’m gonna give you tickets for free.”

 

Jiyong grinned, “Well thank you.”

 

Dara smiled at Chaerin before she walked out of their kitchen. Then she got a sudden hug from Jiyong. “I see you two are so close to each other. Why you never told me about her having a girlfriend?”

 

Dara laughed, “You heard her. It’s not her girlfriend. They’re just having …”

 

“Oh… are they? How do you know?”

 

Dara frowned, “Ji… what’s wrong? Are you jealous because she has a girlfriend? Do you really like Chaerin that much?” Dara sounded worried. She placed her palms on Jiyong’s cheeks and squeezed them.

 

Jiyong chuckled, “I don’t like her more than I like you. Don’t worry…”

 

Dara smiled, “Good. Now let’s go back to sleep…”

 

 

***

 

 

Dara is serving breakfast while Jiyong is standing in front of the television tying his tie, watching the news seriously.

Dara’s quiet nervous when the news is suddenly focusing about Chaerin. The report this time is about last night’s show Chaerin was doing, when she told public that she’s probably gonna quit the industry.

 

Dara couldn’t really sleep last night. She was worried and rather scared that Jiyong might have found a clue that she and Chaerin are having secrets.

 

Jiyong isn’t talkactive like he usually is this morning. They were having breakfast quietly and he didn’t even kiss Dara before he went to work.

He just said, “Can you try find my belt my dad gave me? I couldn’t find it this morning.”

 

Just like that, and a quick goodbye and then, he’s just gone.

 

Dara feels something is not right. Her husband isn’t usually quiet like that. She also can’t stop thinking about what he said last night, why he was suddenly asking about Chaerin’s lover. Dara’s anxious, worried that maybe her husband has a clue about what’s really going on.

 

But then, she snaps everything out of her head and started doing household stuffs. She went upstairs to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter