I Guess I'm Floating

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How could you?”

 

A heavy manly voice appeared out of nowhere breaking the silence that was only filled with a faint voice of sob.

 

Bom snarled immediately and gave a sign with her hand to ask Seunghyun to go away.

 

“Stop it, will you? Just go and take care of your own business!”

 

Seunghyun didn’t bother. He just stood there by the threshold with one hand holding a cup of coffee. His eyes are glaring and firmly looking at Dara’s face. Dara can’t even lift her head up, she hardly can breath normally because of the tears.

 

Bom scowled at her husband, “Leave us!” she mouthed.

 

Seunghyun shrugged, his eyes aren’t moving on. He took a sip of his coffee and nodded his chin lightly, “He always told me how happy he is to be with you. How proud he was to have a beautiful girl like you as his wife.” He murmured, literally just adding more pain to Dara’s chest.

 

“… Not to mention your beautiful boy. He was a happy and perfect man.”

 

“Seunghyun will you get the hell out of here!?” Bom started yelling. Seunghyun is not the only one who’s mad. Bom is also mad, but she’s just not showing it right now because her best friend is sobbing in front of her, barely could even talk.

 

“Honey, it’s her fault. She shouldn’t be a crybaby right now! She’s a -“ Bom stood up and walked toward the door, “Don’t you have to go to work?” she muttered. Seunghyun rolled his eyes, “Nope. I have to take care of my best buddy who just got tricked by his ing insane wife…”

 

Bom didn’t wanna hear any ugly words coming from her husband’s mouth anymore. She shut the door right in front of Seunghyun’s face and locked it.

 

Bom came to bed again. She sat at the edge of the bed while Dara is sitting in the middle, gripping piece of tissue paper with her fingers. Her eyes are wet and she’s still not done crying.

 

Dara rushed into Bom’s house this early morning when it was still dark. She couldn’t stay at home alone without having someone to talk to. After the police left because Jiyong said there’s nothing serious going on he left. Of course, he brought Seungri with him.

As for Chaerin, she went back to her house, packed all her things and also drove off from her house. She wouldn’t even look at Dara for the last time or spoke a word.

 

So here Dara is, alone, sad, and frustrated.

 

“Will you stop crying? You’ve been crying for two and a half hour. Don’t you think it’s already time to stop?” Bom said softly as she rubbed Dara’s back to calm her down.

 

Dara just looked at Bom with those wet and swollen eyes. Then she hugged Bom, and again she bursts into tears.

 

“Dara, if you keep crying like this, how would you expect me to react?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Dara said between her sob.

 

“I know it hurts but you have to tell me what happened so I can understand and talk it out to you.”

 

Dara loosen up her held on Bom and she pushed herself away. She wiped her tears with her thumbs and looked up. She took a long deep breath and then she starred at Bom, who’s also starring back at her frowningly.

 

“Jiyong wants to divorce me. He’s taken Seungri and he was so mad he won’t even look at me.”

 

Bom gulped, “And Chaerin?”

 

“She’s gone as well. After the police left-“

 

“A police came?” Bom raised her voice. She was really surprised.

 

Dara nodded quickly, “Yeah. They came and asked if something happened but Jiyong quickly made them go away. And then after that, there was silence but then Seungri started crying and Jiyong went up to pick him up, grabbed his key and went off…” Dara paused to catch her breath.

 

“And then?” Bom bite her bottom lip.

 

“Chaerin didn’t talk to me. She just went out of my house and after an hour, I saw her car driving off the neighborhood. I think she wants to leave me.” Dara said and after a moment, tears fall down from her eyes again.

 

She couldn’t imagine it. She couldn’t imagine losing all the people she loves altogether at the same time. She’s really frightened and right now the only person she knows would stick by her side is her best friend, Bom.

 

“Can I stay over her for a couple of days?”

 

Bom Dara’s cheek, “Of course, dear. Why would you even ask?”

 

“But Seunghyun…”

 

“Don’t worry about him. I’m pretty sure he’s gonna be with Jiyong tonight. Don’t you worry about him, okay? Now would you like something to eat?”

 

Dara shook her head, “No. Just give me some aspirin, please?”

 

Bom sighed and then she nodded, she rubbed Dara’s cheek before she went to take aspirin.

 

Dara hugged both her knees and lean her chin on. Her eyes are looking straight to her cellphone on the top of the blanket. She wished someone would call, either Jiyong or Chaerin.

 

She closed her eyes for a bit as she’s listening to her own heavy breathe. And then she just felt so weak and tired, her head started falling behind, hitting the thick fluffy pillow. She let go of a sigh and then she fell asleep.

 

Bom came in and found her best friend resting peacefully. She put the pill on the side table along with a glass of water. She fixed Dara’s position to make her more comfortable and cover her body with the blanket.

 

She looked at her for a while.

 

“Silly girl…” she muttered.

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin gulped her tea quietly. She then looked at her reflection on dressing mirror. She’s alone in the makeup room. George is away buying lunch and her hairdresser is also away answering her phone. She’s left alone in this spacy room filled with mirrors, tables and backpacks of the crews.

 

She’s so lost today. Her makeup artist had to ask her to look to the front forth times before her makeup is done. George had to clap his hands in front of her because she went blank for a moment when he was briefing something about the stage to her.

 

She keeps thinking of what happened last night. She wonders what Dara’s doing right now, she wonders if she’s doing okay. She checked on her phone, no calls or texts from Dara, not that she plans on replying or answering texts and calls from Dara if she did. Chaerin wants to leave Dara’s life and move on.

 

After what happened last night, she realized, she only makes things worse for Dara and Jiyong if she’s still tagging around Dara. She’s made up her mind to let Dara go.

 

George and the hairdresser came in at the same time. The hairdresser finished her works on Chaerin’s hairstyle while George feeds Chaerin chicken nuggets. He had to force her to eat since she didn’t want to eat earlier.

 

“I’m not hungry.” Chaerin said as she pushed away the box of nuggets George is holding.

 

“I know you didn’t have breakfast. You should eat something otherwise you’re gonna be sick. I ain’t gonna see you sick because it means I have to do lots of works.”

 

Chaerin sighed. She glanced at George for a second before she finally opened widely and a piece of chicken nugget arrived in her dry mouth.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter