Don't Regret It [ Part I ]

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is a mess. She is an irresponsible mother and a cheating wife. She can’t see her own son because her husband is mad at her and won’t tell her their existence. Jiyong won’t answer the call or reply messages. And now she’s got no one to cheer her up and tell her everything is gonna change and it’s okay because her lover dumped her as well.

 

Never been in her thought that her life would be screwed up like this.

 

She dozed off as she finished crying in her room and suddenly awaken by a loud noise coming from outside. She shut her eyes open and saw glimmering through her curtains. It comes along with the faintly loud music.

 

She wobbled as she walked toward the window and see what’s happening outside.

 

Chaerin is having a party again at her place. This time it’s louder than ever.

 

As soon as Dara spotted Chaerin standing at the balcony of her house, her heart starts thumping. She wiped the tears that slowly dropped from her eyes and decided to go and visit Chaerin again even though she knows Chaerin would ignore her.

 

Dara barged into Chaerin’s house, pretending to be one of the guests. The music is so loud and she encounters even weirder people than the last party Chaerin held.

 

Meanwhile, a stranger grabbed onto Chaerin’s hips and turned her body around. Chaerin’s confused and startled at the same time as she got pinned to the wall by a skinny, pale-skinned girl with light makeup. She leaned forward to Chaerin’s face and sniffed. “I like your smell.” She whispered seductively.

 

Chaerin recognizes her immediately. She used to hang out with her and some of her friends. She’s an underrated singer and Chaerin used to her once or twice a year ago.

 

“Don’t you remember me?” She asked with such a y tone, somehow it turns Chaerin on.

 

Chaerin curved her lip a bit, “I remember you. I remember making you so wet.”

 

The girl chuckled and grabbed Chaerin by the neck, “You already make me wet right now. You’re so perfect.”

 

Chaerin put down her drink on the table next to her and she pulled the girl’s hair and pushed the girl to the wall. She breathes in next to the girl’s ear and let the girl moan but then she say, “I’m not interested in you. Leave me alone.”

 

“Chaerin!!”

 

Both Chaerin and the girl are startled with the yelling. Chaerin loosened her grip on the girl’s hair and slowly letting that poor girl go as she stepped away back. The girl scoffed and scowled at Dara as she walked away from the scene.

 

Chaerin has no idea what to do now with Dara. She didn’t expect her to show up again at the same day. She just cannot handle it. She was so heartbroken when she cut it off this afternoon and now she doesn’t have enough gut to face Dara again and tell her to go away. It’s probably the hardest thing she ever did.

 

“I don’t remember inviting you to my party tonight.” Chaerin dissed.

 

Dara took a deep breathe, “I don’t need you to invite me, I just need to talk-“

 

“There’s nothing more to talk about, Sandara. I don’t think you have a reason being here.”

 

Dara walked closer to Chaerin, clutching her hands trying not to lose her mind.

 

“I have no one else to go now, Chaerin. I’ve done terrible thing. I don’t even have a face to go to my best friend because I’m too ashamed of myself. I just… I don’t know where else to go or who else to talk to besides you.” Dara desperately said as tears started dropping rapidly.

 

Chaerin can’t say she doesn’t agree with Dara. She knows how hard it must be for Dara. Afterall, it’s not fully her fault. It’s hers too. She shouldn’t have taken the chance of screwing with someone’s wife in the first place. She should have been responsible and wise enough to not getting into such a trouble.

 

She’s practically ruined Dara’s life. She ruined her lover’s life and now she’s planning on getting away from it.

 

Dara bended down because her knees are weakened and she can’t bear her own body anymore. She almost fell down but Chaerin quickly grabbed onto her, resulting on them holding onto each other tightly.

 

Dara wouldn’t let go of Chaerin. She wouldn’t and she hoped it would last forever. She hoped Chaerin had never intended to break off their relationship no matter how wrong it is.

 

“It’s my fault. I’m sorry, Chaerin…” Dara said.

 

Chaerin is just stunned in her position. She lets Dara cry in her shoulder with her fingers clutching onto Chaerin’s sweatshirt. She looked upward starring into the empty sky as she tried to hold back her tears. The more she listens to Dara’s crying the more she feels devoured and destroyed. She can’t take it.

 

After Dara has calmed down a little bit, Chaerin slowly pushing Dara away from her side only to surprise Dara and even hurt her more. Dara looked up at Chaerin unbelievably. Chaerin tried not to make eye contact with her and now she has stepped back from Dara with her head ducked and lips zipped.

 

“I think you should go home. This is no place for you to cry. You should go to your husband and apologize to him instead.” Chaerin stated glumly.

 

Dara let go of a short insulting giggle. She’s really lost her mind.

 

“I should’ve known what kind of person you are, Lee Chaerin. I should’ve not been so stupid to fall to your trap! You’re full of crap, Chaerin!!” Dara snarled as she pushed Chaerin hard.

 

And then she slapped Chaerin really hard too. “ YOU! AND….” Dara took out sparkly silver thingy outside her sweater and threw it at Chaerin’s face. It hit Chaerin’s left eye and dropped to the ground.

 

Chaerin realized it’s the ring she gave to Dara a while ago when everything was okay.

 

“NEXT TIME, SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOESN’T HAVE A LIFE! WHOSE PATHETIC UGLY LIFE IS SIMILAR AS YOURS AND NEVER SHOW YOUR FACE IN FRONT OF ME ANYMORE!”

 

Dara rushed away and disappeared behind the balcony door. Chaerin just starred at that door as she just witnessed her love went away. She sighed as she finally released her tears. She slowly squat and took the ring from the ground and wrapped it in her fist.

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin is awoken by the sound of distant chattering. She opened her eyes slowly and realized she’s been sleeping on the carpeted floor in the living room all night long. She saw her last guests leaving as they were joking around in the front yard, that’s where the noise came from.

 

The sun has not risen fully yet, it’s still dawn. She looked around with sleepyhead and blurry vision. She stinks. Someone spilled something onto her shirt last night she couldn’t remember clearly and obviously she was a little bit wasted.

 

Chaerin stood up and get herself some drink for her extremely dry throat. Then she walked to the sink and washed her face. She looked at her fingers, she’s wearing the ring she gave Dara and was crying for almost an hour looking at it. Now she stares at herself in the mirror and questioning herself why her life is so pathetic and disgusting.

 

She put on a peach-colored sweater she found lying on the couch ownerless and walked outside with a bottle of beer.

She jumped into her white Porsche, which she parked in front of her house with a nice and exact spot to look at Dara’s window.

 

She just stays there for a couple of minutes, watching Dara’s house especially her balcony and room window. Chaerin knows Dara’s up there. The curtain is opened but the light is off. Somehow Chaerin hopes Dara would show up behind the curtain with a gentle smile, just like she sometimes did when she saw Chaerin arriving home.

 

“You’re a creep.”

 

George came out of nowhere with a silk robe on his body. He joined Chaerin and sat on the right seat, snatching Chaerin’s beer away from her. He smells like a marshmallow and vomit.

 

“I thought everybody’s gone.” Chaerin muttered as she finally looked away from Dara’s house.

 

George sighed. He lays his head on the seat headrest after swallowing the beer slowly.

“What do you think is gonna happen? Between me and her?” Chaerin asked suddenly.

 

George smirked, “I thought you’ve decided to break it off with her.”

 

“Yes I did. I just… I think I’ve been way too rude.”

 

“It’s your choice, Chaerin. Anyway, I still don’t understand why would you decide to over it with her? You were head over heels for her. It’s insane.”

 

Chaerin stared at the ring again and bit her bottom lip, “Because I think it’s the best for her. I’ve ruined her life. I’ve practically wrecked her marriage. I used to think it’s okay for her to leave her family and come with me but now as everything as happened, I don’t think so.” Chaerin turned her eyes at George who is now also looking back at her.

 

“But I don’t think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter