Don't Regret It [ Part II ]

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara went home realizing her life is literally finished. It’s completely ruined. Never would she imagine her life would turn this way. Jiyong didn’t even allow her to see Seungri for a moment.

 

Jiyong grabbed Dara’s arm and pulled her up from the ground. He wanted to do it gentler but since Dara was restraining and fighting him back, he had to use his strength and it kinda hurts Dara. He dragged her out of his parents’ house, causing a great panicking noise because Dara’s screaming out loud wanting him to let her go.

 

“What the heck is going on here?” Jiyong’s dad yelled as he saw Jiyong pushing away Dara toward the entering door.

 

Instead of answering his dad, he just slammed the door in front of Dara’s face as soon as she’s out. He locked the door immediately and then the constant knocking and cursing happens, coming from outside.

 

Jiyong turned around and faced his dad. His mom popped out from his dad’s board back with teary eyes, both of them, completely clueless of what’s happening.

 

“I’ll explain to you guys later. I just need some time alone now.” Jiyong murmured shakily and then he walked upstairs.

 

 

Someone’s sitting on Dara’s porch, crossing her fingers with her face down, bitter and gloomy.

Dara pulled the brake and got out of the car, only one thing in her mind. She wants to crush Chaerin’s skull and make her regret for what she had done to her.

 

“Dara, I’ve been looking for you-“

 

Dara landed a punch on Chaerin’s face. This is the first time she’s ever punched or hurt someone real hard. Chaerin reposed on the porch stairs and wiped her runny nose, it’s bleeding. Even Dara’s shocked to see the blood.

 

“I suppose I deserve that.” Chaerin murmured as she groaned.

 

Dara took out her keys and walked passed Chaerin. She quickly unlock the door before Chaerin could get up and get to her.

 

“Please, Dara… Let me talk to you.” Chaerin pleaded as she held the door with her leg.

 

Dara doesn’t understand why would Chaerin show up again when clearly last night she despised Dara and seemed so disgusted by her existence.

Once Dara is off guard, Chaerin barged in and closed the door.

 

They starred into each other firmly in silence.

 

“Leave me alone, Chaerin!” Dara yelled as she tried to walk away but Chaerin grabbed her hand and pulled her over.

 

“I’m sorry!” Chaerin stated.

 

“I don’t need that anymore!”

 

“Really! Listen to me, I’m really sorry for what I said to you, Dara.”

 

“What’s the point now??? Huh? What do you really want, Chaerin?”

 

Chaerin didn’t answer her and hugged her instead, wrapping her arms around Dara’s weakened body. Dara is helpless and she realized she’s way too tired and exhausted. She just let her body rest on Chaerin’s chest, enjoying the comfortable warmth Chaerin gave to her.

 

“I was rude. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be that rude to you.” Chaerin whispered.

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin starred at Dara from behind the door. She’s been there as long as she could remember. The cup of milk she’s holding is getting cooler. She’s watching Dara who’s sitting at the edge of the bed, drowned in silence and sorrow. She’s holding her son’s blanket, smelling the scent of it like she’s out of her mind.

 

Chaerin just doesn’t want to ruin the mood. Dara definitely needs time alone to think and to reflect her mistakes. It bothers Chaerin so much to see her like that. The look in Dara’s face is gnawing at her and they haven’t said much to each other.

 

“Here, drink it and then go to sleep.” Chaerin demanded as she handed the milk to Dara.

 

Without turning her head at Chaerin, Dara took the cup and finished the milk in a flash. It just makes her realize that she is starving. She hasn’t eaten anything since this morning’s small portion of cereal.

 

Chaerin took off her jacket and sat next to Dara after she put the empty cup away.

 

“Do you want something to eat? I can make you dinner if you want.” Chaerin asked.

 

No answer. Dara seemed like a statue, starring at the air, holding the blanket tightly.

 

“Well, screw this. I can’t see you like this, I’m making you dinner.” Chaerin stood up but Dara held her hand before she could get away.

 

“Don’t go. Don’t leave me again.” Dara murmured. This time, she finally looks at Chaerin.

 

“I’m just going to the kitchen, Dara I’m not-“

 

“Did you change your mind?” Dara suddenly asked.

 

Chaerin just shook her head lightly and ducked her face. Dara’s loosened her grip on Chaerin’s wrist.

 

“No I didn’t change my mind.” Chaerin muttered weakly.

 

“So why are you here?” Dara asked, looking away.

 

Chaerin Dara’s chin and lifted it up slightly, “I’m worried about you. And I feel sorry…”

 

“Don’t feel sorry for me. I don’t need your pity.”

 

“I’m leaving, Dara.”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“But I care about you! I wanna know…”

 

Dara frowningly scowled at Chaerin. “Know what?”

 

Chaerin sighed, “I wanna know if you’re gonna be okay if I leave. I mean, about your marriage…”

 

Dara’s struck by that statement. Her marriage. Obviously her marriage is wrecked but Chaerin doesn’t know about the truth yet, that Jiyong doesn’t want her anymore that he wants to divorce her.

 

Chaerin waits for the answer.

 

Dara just smiled bitterly.

 

“I went to see him today in his parents’ house. He didn’t say anything but I’m sure we’ll work it out. He seemed calmer than the other day and he allowed me to see Seungri for an hour before he asked me to leave because he still didn’t really want me to be around him for a while. He said it would take time before he opens up to me again, so… here I am, waiting for him to come home.”

 

Dara lied. She lied because she thinks it’s the best to do. She doesn’t want Chaerin to stay with her just because she pity her and she knows Chaerin has her plan and future ahead of her and she just doesn’t want to be a burden in Chaerin’s life. That’s why she lied. She took big part of this incident and she wants to take responsible of it herself.

 

She knows Chaerin wants her to be happy and stick with her family. That statement at first sounded wise and right but then after second thought, Dara thinks, Chaerin is a coward and she’s still uncertain about her feeling, that’s why she chose to let Dara go. Dara should’ve known earlier.

 

Chaerin smiled slightly, “I suppose that’s good enough.”

They’re both facing each other and looking at each other deeply before finally Chaerin put her palms on Dara’s cheek and slowly pushed her lips against Dara’s dry lips. The kiss was quick, but gentle.

 

“I’m glad everything seems fine now.” Chaerin muttered.

 

“Where are you leaving to, Chaerin?”

 

“I’ve already had plan. Like I told you before I didn’t really want to be a celebrity, I want to travel the world and do the things I wasn’t able to do before. I wanna be someone else and in order to do that, I can’t stay here.”

 

Dara held onto Chaerin’s hand, her lips are already shaking as she feels like crying already.

 

“Where are you going?” she asked desperately.

 

Chaerin Dara’s lips gently, “To Italy. I’m gonna stay in my aunt’s house for a while. She lives there. And then I would go somewhere else, anywhere that’s in my interests.”

 

“What’d you gonna do?”

 

Chaerin drew closer to Dara, “I would have fun, obviously. Have lots of flings, one night stands…”

 

Dara chuckled. She really misses the witty side of Chaerin and she knows she’s gonna miss it a lot when she’s gone.

 

“Just remember, don’t ever screw with someone’s wife again, Chae…”

 

Chaerin smiled bitterly as she lean her forehead against Dara’s. “I won’t. Never again. And never again I would fall in love with a wrong person.”

 

“You're gonna fall in love with a great person, Chaerin.”

 

Chaerin just smiled. She’s not sure if she could fall in love all over again with someone else. She feels like all her heart now is dedicated to Dara only.

 

“So you’re not coming back?” Dara asked, hoping the answer would be different from what she’s thinking right now.

 

Chaerin tilted her head and looked away. She couldn’t look at Dara’s eyes. She’s afraid those sad beautiful eyes might make her turn her deci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter