The End of Love Affair

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rainy afternoon. Bom was going home from the grocery store when she saw a cargo car parked in the driveway right outside the restaurant under renovation. She heard from the neighbors that there’s gonna be a new Italian restaurant open and this must be it, she thought.

Then she saw another car parked behind the cargo car. The car is very familiar to her and the license number is easily recognizable. Bom slower down her car as she drive passed the car and there, she saw someone getting off the car.

 

Bom immediately stopped her car. She can’t believe what she just saw. She blinked her eyes twice and looked out the window once again to make sure she was not wrong.

 

And she wasn’t.

 

Chaerin got off her car and walked into the restaurant after talking to the workers who are carrying things down the cargo car.

 

“Um, sorry but we’re not open yet.” One of the workers stopped Bom from entering in. Bom sighed. She rolled her eyes and got agitated right away. “Please I have to see that girl who just came in.”

 

The worker looked at his friend weirdly, “You mean the owner of this restaurant?”

 

“She owns it?”

 

He shrugged, “Yes. What can I help you?”

 

“I need to see her.”

 

“And who are you?”

 

“I’m her friend. I mean, a friend of her friend.”

 

“What’s the importance?”

 

“I—I just need to talk to her.”

 

“Everyone wants to talk to her, miss. You know who she is, right? She is CL. Everyone will try anything to get to her. How can I be sure you’re not one of his crazy stalker fans?”

 

Bom hissed. “I’m not her fan. In fact, I hate her.”

 

“So you’re the hater. It’s even worse. I can’t let you see her.”

 

“I need to—“

 

Chaerin suddenly appeared. She stood by the door and starred at Bom, completely surprised. “Bom?”

 

“See? I know her.” Bom said sternly to the worker she was talking to.

 

Chaerin asked Bom to enter and they sit at one of the tables in the restaurant. The decoration is not yet done. Some guys are still applying the chandeliers on the ceiling and the painting is not done as well.

 

“So—how did you find me?” Chaerin asked after a moment of silence between them two.

 

“I’m living in the neighborhood. I saw your car and I saw you.”

 

“Do you want anything to drink?”

 

“No. I just want to talk to you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Have you lost your mind?” Bom blurted it out.

 

Chaerin frowned, “What do you mean?”

 

“Why did you ruin my best friend’s life?”

 

“I--- I didn’t.” Chaerin murmured nervously. She looks at Bom’s face and kinda frightened by those angry stares.

 

“Yes you did. You wrecked her marriage.”

 

“I thought she tried to fix it.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“She wanted to fix it. She told me. That’s why I gave her a chance to leave me and go back to Jiyong.”

 

“So you asked her to fix her marriage after you wrecked it? That’s very nice of you, !” Bom raised her voice. The workers turned their attention to them both. Chaerin cleared as she feels the great tension between her and Bom.

 

“How is she by the way?” Chaerin finally asked.

 

“She is happy now. She doesn’t need you anymore. She’s back with Jiyong and they are building their relationship back so you don’t have to see her anymore. Don’t interfere anymore. Do not show your ing face in front of her eyes anymore. You know it is for her sake.”

 

Chaerin lowered her head. Her heart just broke into pieces. She knows. She always knows it is for Dara’s sake. She always knows she doesn’t have a good influence to Dara’s life and yes, she better walk away now.

 

“It’s been six months. You never even bother to call her.” Bom muttered madly.

 

“So it’s over then.”

 

“It is ing over. You better disappear and never show up again! I can’t believe you dared to do such things to Jiyong. He liked you so much. He trusted you and you ed his wife in return. You ruined their lives, how can you do that? You have everything already. You have your fame, your wealth, you have hundreds of hot girls waiting to be in your bed… but why her? Why Dara? She doesn’t deserve it. She doesn’t deserve you.” Bom stopped. She stares into Chaerin’s eyes. She looks so sad and broken Bom couldn’t continue her speech no more.

 

“But—is she okay?” Chaerin asked.

 

“She’s completely fine.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Yes. Um—I have to go now.”

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin can’t control her feelings and emotions when she saw Dara. She can only see her back but her heart started thumping. She misses Dara so much. She has no idea why Bom bring Dara here. She was the one who asked Chaerin to go away from Dara’s life yet now Dara is here with Bom.

 

Her keyboardist already gave her sign to go up to the stage. It’s time for her to perform like she already planned. She just didn’t plan to see Dara now and she kinda feels nervous and extremely sad.

 

“Good evening everyone. I hope you guys are having a pleasant evening.” Chaerin said on the microphone and the entire room started applauding.

Chaerin steals a glance at Dara and their eyes met for a moment. And Chaerin is not sure what she should be doing now. She can’t sing when her heart is a mess.

 

“I am so glad to be here tonight and meet you guys. I really appreciate your support for me. You guys have no idea how thrilled I am to see how this restaurant turns out. I was worried at first but now I’m not anymore. Thanks to you guys, my friends.” Chaerin pointed at the table full of those hot girls, the loudest table of all.

 

Bom raised her eyebrow. She already knew Chaerin has special relationships with those girls.

 

Chaerin turned around and looked at the keyboardist and drummer. She was supposed to sing an upbeat song for tonight but after she saw Dara, she changed her mind.

 

“We’re not going to perform as we planned.” She told the keyboardist. The drummer frowned and shrugged, “Why?”

 

“I have better plan.” She said and grabbed the acoustic guitar, tune it and plug the cable in to the speaker.

 

“What are you doing, Chaerin?” the keyboardist asked. He has been with Chaerin for years since she was still a rookie and he has never seen Chaerin changed her mind on the stage. She was always well prepared and sticks to the plan every time she performed.

 

Once again Chaerin looks at Dara. She’s whispering something to Bom and they both look like arguing about something but then they chuckled. Chaerin smiled when she finally get to see that smile on Dara’s face after a long time. She misses that smile and she misses hearing her laughter.

 

“I’ll cue you.” Chaerin murmured to the keyboardist and she nodded at the drummer. They both nodded at the same time, following Chaerin’s instruction.

 

“This special song tonight is going to be a reflection of what I’ve been feeling in the past few months. Last year, something happened to my life that I never expec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter