She Told Me She'd Come Back

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They hugged each other as soon as they met. Both of them are very happy. Bom can’t control herself as she starts jumping up and down. “I miss you so much silly girl!” Bom cried out.

 

Seunghyun is standing by the car waiting for those two excited girls finish to express their feelings to each other.

 

“Seunghyun what are you doing? Help her with the luggage!” Bom yelled at her husband. Seunghyun sighed. He approached them and gave Dara a quick hug, “Welcome home, Dara.” He murmured and then smiled friendlily. Then he picked up Dara’s luggage and put them at the baggage.

 

“So how are your parents?” Bom asked as she put her arm around Dara’s arm and they walked to the car.

 

“They’re great. They started gardening at the backyard and got a puppy. They seemed happy and healthy.” Dara replied.

 

“Good to hear that. You know I’m a little bit concern the first time I heard they wanted to move. Luckily they had you helping them with everything.”

 

“They’re strong. Don’t worry about them.”

 

Seunghyun got in the car after a quick smoke and he turned his head at Dara who’s sitting at the backseat, “So, Dara… what’s your plan now?”

 

Dara smiled bitterly, “I--- don’t know. I haven’t got any plans yet. Maybe I’ll just babysit your children and go to the mall everyday, gossiping all day with your wife.”

 

Seunghyun chuckled, “Thank you, Dara. I believe we need another babysitter since this one is clearly incapable of doing it well.” He said as he pointed at Bom.

 

“Come on, Seunghyun. You don’t even know how to put on diaper properly even after our third’s child.” Bom defended herself.

 

Dara smiled looking at her best friends’ marriage life that seems to have a lot of bickering but they still stay together no matter what. They might not seem to be the most romantic couple ever but their love for each other is strong. They’re so faithful to each other, unlike her previous marriage, which is a total failure.

 

Dara looked out the window and realized how she missed this city. A year ago, she went out of the city to help her parents moving. They wanted to start their old lives in another place, isolated from the crowded city. Dara also lived in their parents’ new home since they helped them moving until now when she decided to come back and start a new life for herself.

 

Bom gave birth to her third child. It’s a baby boy. Dara is so glad and proud of her best friend and to be honest, she envies her. If only she didn’t wreck her own marriage, she’d probably have a second child by now.

 

Jiyong had won the custody battle and he’s taking care of Seungri. He has moved out from their old house and became a single father. Dara is lucky she still got a small apartment under her name. She didn’t know that apartment was under her name until the attorney explained about the property shares to her. Jiyong was an extremely good man. He put her name under that property without her consent. He’s the most considerate man ever.

 

And about Chaerin, Dara hasn’t heard from Chaerin yet. It’s been a year and a half since Chaerin’s gone. No one has ever heard from her. She has stopped doing her career just like what she wanted. George is also nowhere to be found. Rumor has it they’re travelling together.

It’s a lie if Dara says she doesn’t miss Chaerin. She misses her a lot and she wished Chaerin would come back to her just like she promised. But she came to a realization that maybe Chaerin was lying to her. It was all little promises that don’t mean anything.

 

“How’s your son, Dara?” Seunghyun suddenly broke the silence.

 

“He’s doing fine. I called him last night. I told him I’m coming back today.”

 

“Well I called Jiyong too. He said he’d come over this afternoon and probably have dinner together. Finally, us reuniting again, just like old times.” Seunghyun said as he looked at Bom, smiling gently at her.

 

“He’s coming?” Dara asked.

 

“Yes he is. Don’t worry, Dara. He is not mad at you anymore. We’ve met him a couple of times. He looks happy and relieved.” Bom said.

 

They arrived at Bom and Seunghyun’s house. It’s still the same at it was the last time Dara visited it. Their older children are out for school and their neighbor who they asked to look after their newborn child is the one opening the door for them.

 

“Thank you so much! I owe you a lot!” Bom said to the neighbor before she left.

 

“Oh my God. He’s so handsome!” Dara murmured as soon as she saw Bom’s little boy. She held the baby gently and suddenly reminded how it was to hold a baby boy. Suddenly she’s overwhelmed with the feelings and memories that bring her back to where the first time she held Seungri in her arms like this.

 

“His nose is a lot like Seunghyun.” Bom said as she closed the bedroom door. Seunghyun is outside receiving a call from a business partner. Also he said he’s going to wait for Jiyong at the front steps.

 

“I’m so glad you’re here, Dara. You don’t know how hard it is to take care of another child. I guess I’m getting old. I get tired so easily.” Bom started expressing her feeling.

 

Bom ended up starring at Dara who looks so happy holding her baby. “You should stay here longer.” Bom muttered.

 

“Well I’m gonna stay here for the whole week, maybe two or three weeks.”

 

“I mean, stay here for months.”

 

“You crazy? Your husband is going to file a divorce soon accusing us for having an affair.”

 

Bom frowned.
 

“I’m just kidding, Bom.”

 

“That sounded terrible. Don’t ever say something like that again!”

 

“Sorry.”

 

Then they both giggled.

 

“Dara…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Have you heard from Chaerin?” Bom suddenly asked.

 

Dara put down the baby on the crib as he fell asleep. “Such a beautiful boy. He didn’t even whine being held by a stranger.”

 

“You’re not a stranger. He is a super boy. He knows you are a family.”

 

Dara sat on the bed next to Bom with their face facing the baby crib. They both look exhausted.

 

“Dara…”

 

Dara turned her head at Bom.

 

“I was asking about Chaerin. You heard from her?”

 

Dara smirked, “I can’t believe you’re asking me that.”

 

“What’s wrong with that?”

 

“I don’t know. I haven’t heard from her and I don’t think I’m gonna ever see her again.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“I think she’s abandoning me. She doesn’t want me in her life. I was such a fool. I made this stupid mistake and now my marriage is gone.”

 

Bom pulled Dara and embraced her tightly, “No, silly girl. Stop blaming yourself. You never meant this to happen. I know you were such a fool but it’s not entirely your mistake.” Bom said, comforting Dara.

 

“Thank you.” Dara muttered as she snuggled her head to Bom’s shoulder.

 

 

***

 

 

Dara saw Jiyong for the first time after months today. He looks skinnier but fitter. It seems like he’s got time to go to the gym lately and been wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter