I'm Moving

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara caught herself staring out the window again, and she almost spilled the milk she was pouring to the glass. Before she drowned more into her daydream, she quickly leaves the kitchen and came to organize Seungri’s bag for today.

 

Jiyong has an emergency meeting at the office so he went early this morning. So today Dara is in charge to send Seungri to school.

 

She clapped her hands and put Seungri’s backpack on his back. Then she leaded him out to the garage. She started the car engine and drove away.

 

She still got time to steal a glance at the house next door though, wondering what the owner is doing right at this time, hoping that somehow the blonde girl would show up. Dara just wants to see her for only a minute. Just a minute. Dara misses Chaerin so badly and that feeling starts making her feeling irritated.

 

It’s been one week and three days since the last time they talked, since she broke the blonde’s heart, since she ended everything that should’ve ended long time ago.

 

“Mom, I miss Chaerin. Where is she?” Seungri suddenly popped out that sensitive question and it made Dara slightly upset.

 

She caressed Seungri’s cheek and smiled at him, “She’s busy. We’re not gonna see her around for a bit.” She said softly.

 

“She promised me to buy a bike…” Seungri said, almost like a whisper. And then he regretted slipping those words out of his mouth because now his mom is glancing at him with her fierce eyes.

 

“She did?”

 

Seungri nodded.

 

“Well sometimes promises aren’t real. Sometimes people make promise but they don’t keep it…. In this case, Chaerin just said that to make you stop clinging onto her. She lied…”

 

“No she doesn’t. She came to school yesterday when I was on a break. And she made me choose the color of the bike I wanted…”

 

Dara almost stopped the car but then she tried calming herself down by taking deep breathe again and again.

 

“She… did what? She came to your school yesterday? What else did she do? What did she say to you?” Dara asked, as if she’s hoping for Chaerin to ask about her through Seungri. She’s curious.

 

Seungri just shrugged, “She said she wanted to buy me the bike and she would. And she bought me ice cream. She even talked to my teacher so she can get permission to hang out with me in the playground.”

 

“Did she ask about mom?”

 

Seungri nodded, “She said… she doesn’t want to bother you anymore but she told me to look after you…” Seungri pouted.

 

“What’s wrong, honey?” Dara asked worriedly.

 

“…She said she’s going away. And will never see us again.”

 

Dara’s chocked because of those statement. She inhaled a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. Then she’s quiet along the way until they arrived at the school.

 

When she’s heading home. She can’t help but thinking of what Seungri said.

 

“…She’s going away…”

 

Chaerin is going away. She’s leaving, because Dara broke her heart.

 

And Dara spotted something interesting and slowed down a bit. She looked out the window and kept starring at the back figure of a blonde tall girl who’s wearing a gray sweatshirt and sweatpants with a yellow towel around her neck, jogging alone on the sidewalk.

 

Once she looked at the face of that girl, their eyes met for exactly three seconds. And Dara quickly looked away. Her breath is getting heavier and she couldn’t take her eyes off of the rearview mirror, Chaerin is standing right behind her car starring back at the mirror, looking through her eyes.

 

Chaerin’s eyes were sad. And she looked totally ed up.

 

Dara decided to drive away before she changed her mind, before she can’t bear it anymore and she would jump out of her car and hug and kiss that girl, before everything went crazy.

 

Chaerin in the other hand, she’s gone crazy already.

 

She can’t sleep these days. All she does is standing at the balcony drinking the beer and stare at Dara’s room across her balcony just to see if the woman is up because she’s sleepless and they would have chance to talk. But Dara never shows up, so she ends up drunk alone, and gets high alone, and then sometimes she cries and screams in her sleep. Sometimes she calls Dara’s name in dreams.

 

Chaerin’s ed up, and Dara has always been the cause of it.

 

Chaerin put on her hoodie and started running as fast as she can to catch up with Dara’s car. She runs and runs and she doesn’t care about anything. She tells herself if she could catch that running car, she could also reach and catch Dara in real life.

 

So she keeps running until she can’t feel her legs anymore and fall down.

 

Dara put the brake on immediately as when she saw Chaerin falls down to the ground.  

 

She wanted to get out but she couldn’t. Something is stopping her.

 

Then she had to watch Chaerin get up on her own from the rearview mirror. Dara couldn’t help but cry seeing Chaerin like that. Her chest is aching.

 

Chaerin waits and waits until Dara gets out of the car and come to her but after several minutes, Dara never gets out.

 

Chaerin’s heart is beating so fast as she’s praying and hoping for Dara to get out. She wants to touch that woman so badly, she wants to reach her and catch her and hold her and keep her forever in her arms. She just can’t imagine her life without her.

 

Dara has taken the biggest part of her life.

 

But then, the car started moving. And Dara drives away, leaving Chaerin behind devastated.

 

Chaerin’s knees are weakened and she fell to the ground again. She can’t even cry, she looked around and people started to see her. She just straightened up and held back her tears although she really is going to burst out.

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jiyong might not be home a lot, but he’s well aware that something is off with his wife. Something’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter