Make Peace

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom and Dara are starring at each other in an extreme tense. Dara can’t believe her best friend could do such a thing to her, keeping her happiness away from her. She thought Bom was always being supportive. She thought Bom would know what’s the best for her and she is this good friend she can always rely on. But instead, Bom has let her down.

Dara woke Bom up, she barged into her room and the light. And then she yelled at Bom. Bom was so surprised. She woke up confusedly and then when she saw Seunghyun standing behind Dara with his guilty face, she knew what’s happening.

“How could you do this to me?” Dara yelled out. All of the fuss woke Bom’s children up. Seunghyun quickly took them away from the scene to give Dara and Bom some space.

Bom looked away. She couldn’t look at her best friend’s face. She knows she did something that obviously will make Dara mad but she feels like she’s doing the right thing for her and she’s not regretting it.

 

“Look at me! And tell me why!” Dara yelled again and this time she walked closer to Bom. Her body is shaking as she’s crying. She feels betrayed. She doesn’t know how to deal with this. All she can do is cry.

 

Bom finally looked at Dara’s face. Then she suddenly remembers the reason why she did this to her best friend. It was obviously intentional. She loves Dara so much like a sister and she would never do this to her unless it is necessary. She can’t stand looking at Dara being hurt. Her marriage is ruined. She is a divorcee without a job. Her life is practically a mess because she still can’t move on from the girl who only promised her lies.

 

“You ask me why? Why don’t you look at your life and ask yourself why. Ask yourself why this is happening to you!” Bom yelled back. She folded her arms and took a deep breathe to calm herself a bit because she doesn’t want her kids to hear their mom screaming like a crazy woman. But she is indeed very mad at Dara.

 

“Whatever that is happening to me, is not your ing business so why didn’t you just deal with your own and stay out of my way? Since when you become this jerk?”

 

“I’m a jerk? I’m not the one ed with my neighbor and cheats on my husband while he is working hard to keep your family in a good state. For God’s sake, Dara! Did ing a woman have made you brainless?”

Dara was about to talk back but Bom cut her off. This is the first time Bom wanting to express her real feeling and thoughts regarding this. She has been keeping this away from Dara all this time because she thinks it's the best to keep it that way but this time, she couldn’t hold it anymore. Her best friend really needs a knock at the head so she could wake up and face reality and realize what’s the best and not for her. Dara is very ed up and she’s never seen her like this before.

 

“You are a stupid , Dara. You think that Chaerin will want you back? You think she’d ever call you and tell you to come back to her because she loves you? I don’t think she really loves you like you think she does. You said she’s going abroad to pursue her dream or whatever it is she said to you. But in fact, I had been watching her walking around the street smiling at people, greeting them, giving them free signatures and pictures being so happy like none of those things that ever happened to you guys, ever really happened. She’s living her life with no burden at all. She’s living without you and she looks ing happy. I’m pretty sure she never told you where she is, right? And you still think she wants you and the worst is, you still pathetically wait for her. So, as your best friend since birth, do you think I will ever want you to be together with her again?”

 

Dara has never seen her best friend this mad before. She’s surprised Bom shed a little tear. Her cheeks are reddish and she’s a little bit shaky. Seunghyun had brought their children out of the house. Luckily they don’t have to see their mom and their beloved auntie fighting like this.

 

“You know exactly why I’m mad at you right now, do you? You are so mean to me, Bom. I never knew you can bear doing this to me.”

“And I’ve never expected my best friend’s life would end up like this. You were perfect, Dara. You had everything. You were loved and comfortable. It only takes one to ruin that for you, it didn’t even last long. She only wants to you, Dara. She didn’t love you. Even if she did, you don’t deserve that kind of love. You don't need her!”

 

“I was wrong about you, Bom. I thought you know me well more than anyone else but… you don’t know a about me right now. I ing need her! And you drive her away from me!”

 

They look at each other, standing in front of each other, both being hurt and mad. Dara knows Bom has got the point, but her love for Chaerin has blinded her from anything. She knows from the start that this love is poisonous, but she’s already trapped in this. She doesn’t even care what her best friend says anymore. All she wants now is to find Chaerin because she misses her so much.

 

 

***

 

 

 

Dara put on her shades as she stopped the car she borrowed from Seunghyun this morning in the driveway. She starred at her face in the rear view mirror and checked if she’s already good to go. She dressed up mysteriously. She wears a beige coat and high wasited jeans with boots, something she doesn’t usually like to wear. And she puts on the black tint shades and tied her hair up. She is basically in disguise.

 

The Italian restaurant across the street seems to be full of people having lunch. Dara’s heartbeat increased rapidly when she looks across the street. She can’t believe she’s doing this. After the big fight this morning with Bom, after everything she went through, she realized she is such a stubborn and pain in the . She can’t imagine how Bom hates her right now and how she hates herself too. She can’t believe she could be loving someone this way, that if she couldn’t be with her she thinks she would be dead inside.

 

“Good afternoon, miss. Are you alone?” the host greeted her once she stepped in to the vintage style restaurant. The whole building looks very pretty and professionally decorated. There are people with their expensive suits and dresses eating together, chit chatting and laughing but in a good manner.

 

“Yes. I’m alone—“ Dara murmured nervously.

 

The host smiled at her friendlily and leaded her the way to get to the empty seat.

 

Dara got the seat beside the window. It is in the corner and a bit far from the crowd. It feels more comfortable here. She can hear a slow classical music being played. The waitress came and poured her a glass of water, it is free she said. And then she handed the menu.

 

“Excuse me—“ Dara called the waitress before she left. She then took off her shades and looked around with alert. “Do you know-- the owner of this place-“

The waitress grinned, “Yes, miss. Lee Chaerin owns this place. Are you one of her friends? Can I do something for you?” she asked that as if it is already so often someone asked about Chaerin or come to look for her. Yes of course It is Chaerin. CL, the great and famous superstar, even after she retired from her career she still shines like a star.

 

Dara’s heart skipped a beat when asked that question. What should I do? Sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter