A Gift

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara moaned a little bit when she felt ticklish under the cover, a pair of fingers are trailing her tummy, up to her chest and lips. And then she felt someone’s slow breath above her face and a pair of soft lips touching hers. When those lips are parted, Dara could taste fresh mint toothpaste and it felt good.

 

Dara finally opened her eyes. She decided to wake up because the person’s method of waking her up is irresistible. She usually hates being woken up but this person is exceptional.

 

“Good morning…” Chaerin’s tender sweet voice is the first thing Dara heard this morning. And she can’t help but form a little smile.

 

“You looked like an angel when you sleep.” Chaerin murmured.

 

“Then why did you wake me up?” Dara asked as she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

 

“I didn’t. I was kissing you.”

 

“What’s the difference?”

 

Chaerin leaned over and kissed Dara again, but this one is quicker. She then jumped off the bed, “Come on get up! I made you breakfast.” She said.

 

Dara stretched her hands and legs before she gets up. And she smiled at Chaerin ambiguously. Chaerin frowned and approached the bed again, “What’s with that smile?”

 

Dara opened up her arms, “Hug me!” she begged.

 

Chaerin smirked and slowly put her arms around Dara and then she pulled Dara up until she’s on her feet.

 

“You lazy old lady!” Chaerin and quickly kissed Dara again before she started scold Chaerin for calling her old.

 

“I’m gonna serve you today. I’m gonna do anything to make you happy and all you gotta do is stay still and let me do everything.”

 

“Such as?”

 

“Such as, cooking for you, painting your nails for you, washing and brushing your hair, even washing and massaging your feet for you. I’ll do it all.”

 

“You sound like a maid.”

 

“I’m ready to be a maid for you.” Chaerin said as she held Dara tighter.

 

“Really? Are you sure? Coz I can be very very irritating.”

 

“If you start to irritate me I’m just gonna grab your and kiss you and rip off your clothes and drag you to bed and do things you will not regret for the rest of your life. I swear.”

 

Dara’s blushed and she slapped Chaerin lightly, “You’re crazy! And scary!” she mumbled.

 

 

***

 

 

Dara looked up at the sky when the wind suddenly blows to her face. She closed her eyes for a minute to enjoy the blissful moment. She smiled with no consent. It’s like just for a while, the world stops spinning and the time stops ticking and she’s definitely the happiest person in this world.

 

The classic rock song from the 80s is playing faintly from the tape.

 

Chaerin, who was reading the newspaper, now started starring at Dara. She literally smiled and felt warmth inside.

 

After ten seconds, Dara opened her eyes and their eyes met. Both grinned at each other and ended up chuckling. Then they went silent again.

 

“What are you thinking?” Dara asked suddenly.

 

Chaerin gazed at the cup of coffee in front of her and stirring the spoon inside it, “Why do you ask something like that?”

 

Dara shrugged, “I just wanna know what’s on your mind when you were starring at me all the time…”

 

Chaerin grinned wider and then she looked at Dara with blushing cheeks.

 

“I think of…. A lot of things, mostly happiness.”

 

“What kind of happiness?”

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes, “Would you stop asking me so many questions?”

 

“Why??”

 

“I don't know how to answer it…”

 

“You’re annoying!”

 

“What? Why?”

 

Dara threw Chaerin a mad look. She’s just joking though coz she likes being spoiled by Chaerin.

She likes it when she pretends Chaerin did something wrong and Chaerin would do anything in anyway to apologize to her. And Chaerin would do crazy things, and everything she does would make Dara happy and laugh.

 

Dara loves that.

 

“Hey do you want to see something?”

 

“See what?” Dara asked but she made herself sounds like she isn’t interested when the truth is she’s excited and curious what kind thing Chaerin would do or show her to surprise her.

 

“Come!” Chaerin stretched her hand at Dara.

 

“Come on, Dara….”

 

Dara finally stood up and reached Chaerin’s hand and then they went inside the house.

Chaerin brought Dara to the part of the house she never stepped onto.

 

“I didn’t know you have basement in your house. It’s awesome.” Dara murmured as she took a step down.

 

And then she tightened her grip on Chaerin’s hand because it’s dark.

 

“What exactly are you trying to show me here? You’re not trying to scare me right? You don't own some weird creepy dolls or human corpses down there like some idiotic psycho, do you?”

 

Chaerin laughed at Dara’s stupid statement.

 

Then suddenly she let go of Dara’s hand, making the older woman squealed out of fear.

 

But then the light is on.

 

Chaerin went to turn on the light and now she’s laughing at Dara’s pale scared face.

 

“I’m so mad at you, Chaerin.” Dara muttered.

 

“No you’re not mad at me…” Chaerin said as she walked downstairs quickly and Dara followed her.

 

Once Dara stepped on the ground, her lips are parted.

 

It’s not just a basement. It’s a studio. And not just an ordinary studio, it also has bookshelves and pile of papers on the table full of scribbles and sketches of music notes. Not to mention a vintage vinyl with the old CDs, organized neatly in the shelves. There are also posters on the wall, pop art posters and some other musicians Dara never knows of.

 

“Is this your working place?” Dara asked.

 

Chaerin reached pointed at some pictures on one of the shelves. They’re old pictures.

 

“This is my dad.” Chaerin showed one of the pictures to Dara, a picture of a young man with beard on his chin, tight leather black pants and leather jacket, his eyes are covered with sunglasses.

 

“Wow. Your dad looks amazing.”

 

“Yeah my dad had a band when he married my mom. But after I was born, he decided to stop and started to get a real job. He was a rocker. He was supposed to be a big great rocker but he gave up because of me…”

 

Dara frowned, “Lee Chaerin, are you trying to make up stories to impress me? You just moved in, this can’t be your dad’s working place.”

 

Chaerin took away the picture from Dara’s hand and moved closer to her, “Well it was my dad’s working place before I make this my own working place. My dad built t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter